Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 224786 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
He presented the proof of what I said with his post that I quoted

You have a perverse sense of what attributes proof.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »
We called it a "ni**erpile

Offensive to say the least, and deliberately provocative.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »
I wonder if Romulus realizes that alleging or imputing recklessly that someone is mentally ill does constitute libel in all but three U.S. states.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2015, 03:52:12 PM »
I wonder if Romulus realizes that alleging or imputing recklessly that someone is mentally ill does constitute libel in all but three U.S. states.

I thought that would stand without question, given his superior intelligence.  ::)

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »
I do not take directions from inferiors shouting out orders.

In other words, you have no evidence Apollo was faked...no evidence to present.

Again....why are you here???

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »
WHen I was a kid growing up, we had a word for what you are doing. We called it a "ni**erpile

...and our little troll is also a racist...how cute.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2015, 03:59:31 PM »
The science that disproves NASA's body of evidence is very complicated and there is only a small percentage of humans capable of understanding it...

So complicated that you won't post it here then? I guess we aren't worthy of such complicated science. Please, try me, I'm always ready to learn.

I will proceed with another proof as soon as this one is acknowledged (which it has been to my satisfaction) and this thread locked to prevent backstabbing slander on it
Can't slander an anonymous coward. Try better next time.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
...and our little troll is also a racist...how cute.

I can't think of anyone else that claimed superior intelligence and was a racist... unless I invoked the Nazis, but this thread isn't ready for that  ;D ;D ;D

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »
We called it a "ni**erpile

Offensive to say the least, and deliberately provocative.

...and don't forget ignorant...really, really ignorant.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »

Neat trick considering that I was registered there using the same name.

If he was registered as Bob H., I'd say, this is IDW  :)
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #325 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »

I've seen this disingenuous approach before, and sooner or later it will boil down to "all the data come form NASA, and NASA tells lies" with a healthy dose of "no one else has replicated the process therefore it is suspect". It's just a verbose JAQ-ing off.

I don't have a whole lot of time to respond ATM as I am busy doing the same thing you are here, trying to make a living.

I am not trying to make a living here.

Your summation of my position is essentially correct, and I certainly do not deny it. It is a fact that when confronted with any sort of bad publicity disaster, NASA employs propagandists and "PR" men to lie to the people, and to congress. A typical example was when the Challenger shuttle exploded on launch, needlessly and senselessly killing 7 astronauts and destroying an expensive piece of hardware that the American people paid for simply because Ronald Reagan was in town speaking to Republicans and thought it would be a "swell PR boost" to have the launch coincide with his Florida visit.

Morton Thiokal had pleaded with NASA not to launch, because the knew the O ring seals between sections of the solid rocket booster were compromised by the cold conditions. So what does NASA do?

You make the same mistake many hoaxers do: equating an enthusiasm for, and a willingness to defend, the Apollo missions with tacit approval of everything NASA does. How, btw, did NASA get on with hiding their mistake there? Got made public pdq if I recall.

You're right, I believe if all of the evidence originates with once source and that source is a proven liar that evidence has to be scrutinized  carefully and methodically, which is what I have done. I also believe the evidence NASA provides itself can be used to prove a negative because it so well documented, and when  you document something that didn't really happen of this scope your make thousands, probably millions of mistakes. And an individual  like myself can systematically pick that evidence apart, not in just certain areas, but nearly all of it.

And so far you have failed to do any picking.

I agree with you that I am in the minority with my conclusions as they relate to the Apollo project.  What I do not agree with is that what I am doing represents some sort of marginal unscientific witch hunt prosecuted for personal glory or gain.

Apart from spending a substantial amount of your posts basking in unsupported self-aggrandisement.

I tested all of my arguments against the best NASA had to offer, and what I found was that there was a consistent pervasive pattern, many people would post simultaneously trying to overtax my abilities to respond and the conversation was directed or steered away from the evidence and subject, and on to my own credibility and scientific aptitude, as well as my integrity and in many cases sanity. Just as you have done here. It is very predictable. And because you are so predictable you are very easy to expose.

Diddums. Poor baby.

Go ahead and 'expose me' then. Do your worst, then tell us how Apollo was faked.

It's very telling the part of my post that you choose to quote and the posts you chose not to address.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:09:54 PM by onebigmonkey »

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #326 on: February 03, 2015, 04:06:15 PM »
No improvement, I see.

Good afternoon, Mr.Windley. Yeah, no change. Your minions are still doing their jobs, attacking my character.

I agreed to move on to the next proof as soon as this one is acknowledged (which you have done) and this hread locked to prevent it being used to attack me as it has been
Why do you want this thread locked? As far as I can tell that is simply a tantrum to impose your own demands much as a child would do, and also a distraction from the fact that you can present nothing at all.

If you have something to present, present it here and now, or be consigned to the bit bucket as a noisy empty vessel. You will not "win" by means of rhetorical skullduggery, but I can guarantee you will be judged on the quality of evidence you present (if you ever do).

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #327 on: February 03, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »
The science that disproves NASA's body of evidence is very complicated and there is only a small percentage of humans capable of understanding it...

So complicated that you won't post it here then? I guess we aren't worthy of such complicated science. Please, try me, I'm always ready to learn.

I will proceed with another proof as soon as this one is acknowledged (which it has been to my satisfaction) and this thread locked to prevent backstabbing slander on it

Another?? When did the first one happen??

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #328 on: February 03, 2015, 04:08:20 PM »
..and don't forget ignorant...really, really ignorant.

...which does not match well with claims of superior intellect. I'm no angel, and there are times when I have crossed the line with HWSNBN. I have certainly made aspersions about the mental health of CTers, but I have stood well and truly corrected on that point and rethought my own approach, but such phrases are unwarranted. Quite ironic given his previous claim of wanting to alter our collective consciousness at this critical point in human history.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #329 on: February 03, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
Good afternoon, Mr.Windley. Yeah, no change. Your minions are still doing their jobs, attacking my character.

Quit whining and present your case.

I agreed to move on to the next proof as soon as this one is acknowledged (which you have done) and this hread locked to prevent it being used to attack me as it has been

You don't make the rules here or dictate terms.
I don't propose to be allowed to make the rules ,  only that we all abide in them.

I will return in about 4 hours and If I see you have agreed to act with integrity and respect, i will continue. That's not a lot to ask.
Why do you exempt yourself from those very criteria?