Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 224769 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »
I don't have a whole lot of time to respond ATM as I am busy doing the same thing you are here, trying to make a living.

By 'here' are you suggesting that we make money by posting on this forum? I seek clarification of this statement.

You're right, I believe if all of the evidence originates with once source and that source is a proven liar that evidence has to be scrutinized  carefully and methodically, which is what I have done.

So present the evidence of your scrutiny for us all to see.

I also believe the evidence NASA provides itself can be used to prove a negative because it so well documented, and when  you document something that didn't really happen of this scope your make thousands, probably millions of mistakes. And an individual  like myself can systematically pick that evidence apart, not in just certain areas, but nearly all of it.

Cite examples where there are mistakes. If you want to invoke the 'scientific method' then you must present your evidence. You are making the affirmative claim, the burden rests with you.

I agree with you that I am in the minority with my conclusions as they relate to the Apollo project.

There is a reason that you are in the minority. Maybe you should think about this.

I tested all of my arguments against the best NASA had to offer, and what I found was that there was a consistent pervasive pattern, many people would post simultaneously trying to overtax my abilities to respond and the conversation was directed or steered away from the evidence and subject, and on to my own credibility and scientific aptitude, as well as my integrity and in many cases sanity

What scientific aptitude. I see no evidence for such claims. I see a lot of bluster.

Just as you have done here. It is very predictable. And because you are so predictable you are very easy to expose.

What did you expect? This is our house and we are all members of this forum, under the moderation of LO. We are all entitled to post. That is your problem, not ours.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:18:47 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2015, 03:12:52 PM »
Romulus, present your evidence that Apollo was faked.

Right now I am busy proving that this is your job. Thanks for not disapointing

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2015, 03:14:24 PM »

How so? What proof do you have that this is my job? Please present evidence of pay slips or cash transfers into my bank account.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2015, 03:14:52 PM »
It's not as though anything about Challenger is a secret, so clearly, not much of a cover-up there.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2015, 03:15:43 PM »
Romulus, present your evidence that Apollo was faked.

I'm retired.  Life if great when you no longer have to hold a job.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »
There's also this.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  NASA could not pay me enough to lie about history.  I believe lying about history is a sin, a word I don't use very often.  It is our duty and obligation to tell the truth whenever possible.  I wouldn't lie for profit.

Further, anyone who sees my current standard of living can tell you that the theoretical money NASA is paying me, if that were how I maintained said standard of living, could not be called "earning a living."
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »

There is a reason that you are in the minority. Maybe you should think about this.

Yes, and I believe you know what that reason is. The bandwagon fallacy is proof of nothing besides the majority of persons are incapable of independently thinking or of determining for themselves the facts. The science that disproves NASA's body of evidence is very complicated and there is only a small percentage of humans capable of understanding it (which BTW do not include you or 9/10ths of the persons pontificating on the subject), most of which have no motivation to do what I have.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:55 PM »
My my my. Dedicated, aren't we?

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2015, 03:19:52 PM »
I can see this is going nowhere fast. Romulus, if all you're interested in is a pissing match with Jay then get lost. You're a waste of our time.

I have to work in the morning, I can't be bothered to babysit you all night. If I wake up to find you have done nothing but boast about your "superior intellect" and insult the other members of the form, I will place you under moderation. If you want to participate in this forum, you can start by making a real argument to support your belief that Apollo was faked.

Romulus, supporting your argument that Apollo was faked is a condition of your continued unmoderated participation in this forum.  Please present your evidence without further delay.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »

How so? What proof do you have that this is my job? Please present evidence of pay slips or cash transfers into my bank account.

What you believe I have or have not proved is  irrelevant. It is of no concern to me what you claim to believe. It seems to be of great concern to you what I believe.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »
There's also this.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  NASA could not pay me enough to lie about history.  I believe lying about history is a sin, a word I don't use very often.  It is our duty and obligation to tell the truth whenever possible.  I wouldn't lie for profit.

Same here.  Lying is not in my DNA.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »
The science that disproves NASA's body of evidence is very complicated and there is only a small percentage of humans capable of understanding it...

So complicated that you won't post it here then? I guess we aren't worthy of such complicated science. Please, try me, I'm always ready to learn.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #282 on: February 03, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »
I can see this is going nowhere fast. Romulus, if all you're interested in is a pissing match with Jay then get lost. You're a waste of our time.

I have to work in the morning, I can't be bothered to babysit you all night. If I wake up to find you have done nothing but boast about your "superior intellect" and insult the other members of the form, I will place you under moderation. If you want to participate in this forum, you can start by making a real argument to support your belief that Apollo was faked.

Romulus, supporting your argument that Apollo was faked is a condition of your continued unmoderated participation in this forum.  Please present your evidence without further delay.

I did not come to this forum  to jump through hoops like a trained poodle.  As I have repeatedly pointed out, I have already proved the premise of this thread, as I am sure you are aware.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2015, 03:24:15 PM »

Same here.  Lying is not in my DNA.
OMG!

Get real, man.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2015, 03:25:53 PM »
The science that disproves NASA's body of evidence is very complicated and there is only a small percentage of humans capable of understanding it...

So complicated that you won't post it here then? I guess we aren't worthy of such complicated science. Please, try me, I'm always ready to learn.

I will proceed with another proof as soon as this one is acknowledged (which it has been to my satisfaction) and this thread locked to prevent backstabbing slander on it