Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 224956 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »
But you are the main pimp here.

By what standard?

And Phil Plait is the guy who runs the whole show, isn't he?

Who is saying that?

I am not obsessed with you Mr.Windley, but why concentrate on those that nobody knows when you can take down the big braggart with the same effort?

Perhaps because the people whom, according to you, "nobody knows" might have relevant knowledge, experience, and reasoning that relates to your evidence?  Is their wisdome so unworthy because they're not a big target for you to "take down?"  At least now we know that showboating is your goal, not a meaningful test of your beliefs or the evidence.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2015, 10:55:31 PM »
There hasn't been this much activity on this forum since the last time I was here.

Ah, there it is. The ego of a hoax believer. All of this activity just for you? Does it get you excited? Get over yourself. I'll toss you aside without a second thought. I don't care if the forum is quiet because of it.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2015, 10:56:44 PM »
I would love to know what college course you took to come to that conclusion.

Given that Romulus has expressed disdain for academic qualifications, I think it's presumptive to consider that he has been to college.

Kinda what I meant   ;D

being educated either the in  traditional manner or otherwise doesn't correlate with exceptional intelligence, as you have so eloquently proved. What makes you intelligent is  not just  the ability to retain, but to discern the veracity of, both what you learned in academia and in the hard know world of reality. I have been traditionally educated but I did not absorb anything that was not proved to me.
Did that include looking up what Affirmative Assertion actually means?

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2015, 10:57:34 PM »
You did claim you were more than a match for the collective intellect here. Consider it a personal challenge.

I think i have done fairly well in that regard thus far.

Think again.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »

How so?

In case you missed it, the major request has been for you to post the evidence you claim effectively rebuts NASA's claim and substantiates your own claim that it was instead faked.  You have provided only one such point, a handwaving reference to radiation.  The rest has been simply a fairly egotistical posturing.  To be clear:  the challenge is for the evidence, not the posturing.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »
There hasn't been this much activity on this forum since the last time I was here.

Are you admitting to being a sock puppet?

As in someone who has posted here before? I am not being pretentious. There is only one of me posting at a time here. A sock puppet as I understand the internet definition of it is someone who posts under another identity to bolster their own position. I have not done that. I think what you mean is have I posted here before under another identity..Well, no. Not to this forum. It was called Bad Astronomy the last time I posted to it, and no, I do not care to reveal what my screen ID was on that forum. It is not my responsibility to do so to you.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01:40 PM »

How so?

Mr Windley, if you cannot see that I have not only outmaneuvered you but outclassed you as an added bonus, you're not even as smart as I thought you were. You're acting like a jackal.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2015, 11:03:37 PM »
Being educated either the in  traditional manner or otherwise doesn't correlate with exceptional intelligence, as you have so eloquently proved.

Well, would you dip either into your formal education or into you auto-didactic exercise and explain how accusing someone of fraud isn't an affirmative claim?

What makes you intelligent is not just the ability to retain, but to discern the veracity of, both what you learned in academia and in the hard know world of reality.

Agreed.  However, you are simply declaring that you and you alone are capable of that discernment in the case of Apollo's authenticity.  And despite all the requests for you to demonstrate it, you won't.

I have been traditionally educated but I did not absorb anything that was not proved to me.

That sounds like a cryptic way of admitting you argued with your professors all the way through college as a pissing match and therefore learned nothing.  I taught college.  I am well acquainted with that type of student.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2015, 11:04:11 PM »

How so?

In case you missed it, the major request has been for you to post the evidence you claim effectively rebuts NASA's claim and substantiates your own claim that it was instead faked.  You have provided only one such point, a handwaving reference to radiation.  The rest has been simply a fairly egotistical posturing.  To be clear:  the challenge is for the evidence, not the posturing.

the ONLY assertion I have made here with this post is that you do not respect the scientific  method and to my satisfaction I have proved that. I have also expressed the OPINION that I believe the Apollo  moonlandings were a hoax. It is not my responsibility to prove my opinion

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2015, 11:04:53 PM »
I do not care to reveal what my screen ID was on that forum. It is not my responsibility to do so to you.

Interdimensional Warrior, I'm guessing.  He didn't even last the evening before descending into a bannable series of obsessive and insulting remarks.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »
the ONLY assertion I have made here with this post is that you do not respect the scientific  method and to my satisfaction I have proved that.

You cannot quote a post where I said that.  You can only quote posts where I questioned the assumptions on which your accusations were based.

I have also expressed the OPINION that I believe the Apollo  moonlandings were a hoax. It is not my responsibility to prove my opinion

The moderator has made it a condition of your continued participation.  So get with it.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guruâ„¢
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2015, 11:06:45 PM »
As in someone who has posted here before?

As in someone who has had an account here under another name.

It is not my responsibility to do so to you.

I'm not asking for me.  The moderator may be interested, however, since multiple accounts is against the forum rules.   
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:08:39 PM by Bob B. »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2015, 11:07:46 PM »
Mr Windley, if you cannot see that I have not only outmaneuvered you but outclassed you as an added bonus, you're not even as smart as I thought you were.

So I'm just supposed to fall to my knees and admit that you've bested me in every way?  That's the sum total of your argument?

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2015, 11:07:54 PM »

I have been traditionally educated but I did not absorb anything that was not proved to me.
That sounds like a cryptic way of admitting you argued with your professors all the way through college as a pissing match and therefore learned nothing.  I taught college.  I am well acquainted with that type of student.

I didn't argue with them, I educated them when they were wrong. I respected them for what they knew and learned a tremendous amount of knowledge from a  few of them, much of that knowledge not the kind that you find in a textbook. Unlike yourself, they weren't arrogant and hard headed and understood education is a journey and not a destination. you have long since reached your destination Mr.Windley, and it is nowhere..

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2015, 11:09:44 PM »
Mr Windley, if you cannot see that I have not only outmaneuvered you but outclassed you as an added bonus, you're not even as smart as I thought you were.

So I'm just supposed to fall to my knees and admit that you've bested me in every way?  That's the sum total of your argument?
No sir, but it would be wise to show a bit of respect despite the fact that you have a personal interest in painting me a fool, a liar or a mental case. I assure you I can and will outsmart you an d you probably won't realize it.