Author Topic: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?  (Read 224821 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Is the Scientific Process, Standards of Proof ignored by NASA Supporters?
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2015, 10:21:45 PM »
Can an anonymous person who's known only by an Internet nickname be slandered?

No.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2015, 10:23:42 PM »
It is impossible for me to prove a negative such as "NASA did not send 12 men to the moon in the last century".

That is not a negative, it is an affirmative assertion.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2015, 10:26:40 PM »
Can an anonymous person who's known only by an Internet nickname be slandered?

This is true and technically it isn't slander nor libel since Windley can only speculate on who he thinks I am. No harm done really, i just think it's a dishonest tactic that shows a lack of integrity and a sort of desperation to slime someone in an effort to discredit them without any evidence.

I assure you that Jay Windley is no match for myself intellectually or academically. And I'll tell you something else, HE KNOWS IT. What he doesn't know is who he is insulting and demeaning, which is always the mark of an idiot.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2015, 10:27:09 PM »
It is humorous that you would demand I prove I am scientist to prove Windley slandered me but you don't have to prove anything to prove he didn't, do you?

Guess what, chum? If you accused Jay of slander in a court of law you would be required to prove it. The only way to prove Jay slandered you would be to prove your credentials.

I'm more concerned with the way you have repeatedly insulted the members of this forum. You have dismissed our knowledge and experience in this subject as if we are just parroting the words NASA feeds us. That is an insult to our intelligence, not just a comment on our job title.

We have studied Apollo for years. We know how they got to the moon and back. It makes sense to us. You have not provided an alternative that makes more sense than what NASA has claimed. So why should we believe you?

I am therefore making it a requirement for you to prove Apollo was hoaxed or to withdraw the claim. The "scientific method" nonsense is a dead end for you. No one required an independent replication of the Wright Brother's first flight in order to believe that they did it. Like others have said, that is not how history works.

I think this is a case where the referees are having more effect on the score than the players.

Don't blame me for your inability to score points. Your strategy was flawed from the start. You came here all arrogant and full of yourself, but you weren't prepared for the more experienced players on the field. Maybe you should go back to the minors and get some more practice because you're clearly not ready for the big leagues.

Gee, sport analogies are fun!
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2015, 10:29:01 PM »
A person who closes his mind to the acceptance of new ideas and facts is almost always an person of low intelligence who believes based on faith and not evidence. I am the opposite, and by questioning what i am told I CAN alter the human collective conscious, which I feel is critical at this point in human history.

How noble of you, and here you are posting on an internet forum arguing about the veracity of history. So critical to human history. Maybe you can apply your uber intelligence to something more noble than arguing with dummies like us.

It is impossible for me to prove a negative...

Explained to you.

What I can do is cast enough doubt on the integrity....

That tells us all.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »
It is impossible for me to prove a negative such as "NASA did not send 12 men to the moon in the last century".

You're either retarded or willfully ignorant. Or simply lying. An AFFIRMATIVE assertion would be the opposite,  "NASA DID send 12 men to the moon in the last century". I'm surrounded by a moron

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »
A person who closes his mind to the acceptance of new ideas and facts is almost always an person of low intelligence who believes based on faith and not evidence.

But you'd be wrong to assume that's what we do, and that this is how we arrived at our conclusions.  First, most of us have been presented with these "new ideas" (which are, in fact, the same old hoax suppositions repeated over and over again) many, many times.  After having researched them suitably, we have arrived at a reasoned judgment.  Being open to the idea doesn't mean accepting it without testing it.

Second, you haven't presented any new ideas.  You say you have them, but we're apparently not worthy to receive them.  How can you know whether we're open to your new ideas unless you present them?

I am the opposite, and by questioning what i am told I CAN alter the human collective conscious, which I feel is critical at this point in human history.

So you personally are going to save humanity by your alteration of the collective consciousness?

You're not being asked to prove that negative.  You're being asked to prove the affirmative statement that all the evidence for Apollo was faked.  That was your claim, and that's what you're being asked to prove.

This is because no matter what evidence I present that it is impossible for it to have happened as claimed, persons like you can easily just move the goalposts and deny what has been proved.

But that's just pure presumption.  You aren't as open-minded as you seem to believe.

This is why science works in the opposite manner.

The affirmative evidence in favor of Apollo has been presented and is widely available.  You say you can rebut it, but you refuse to do so.  How is that even remotely scientific?

What I can do is cast enough doubt on the integrity of those telling me that...

So your stated intent is to poison the well?

I can convince anyone with a logical mind who applies deductive reasoning and common sense to his conclusions that it is nearly certain it did not happen.

Do it, then.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2015, 10:31:01 PM »
You have dismissed our knowledge and experience in this subject as if we are just parroting the words NASA feeds us.
Yes sir, that is exactly what I am doing, and I admit it.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:10 PM »
An AFFIRMATIVE assertion would be the opposite,  "NASA DID send 12 men to the moon in the last century".

...or "NASA DID fake the Moon missions."  That's an affirmative statement.  Your affirmative statement.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:59 PM »

So you're not even remotely open to the notion that the people you're speaking to are actually knowledgeable on the subject according to their own research and expertise?

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »

You're either retarded or willfully ignorant. Or simply lying. An AFFIRMATIVE assertion would be the opposite,  "NASA DID send 12 men to the moon in the last century". I'm surrounded by a moron

No, by claiming that NASA didn't go to the moon you are saying that NASA faked it.  That is an affirmative assertion.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
You have dismissed our knowledge and experience in this subject as if we are just parroting the words NASA feeds us.

So you are not open minded as you claim.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2015, 10:36:56 PM »
First, most of us have been presented with these "new ideas" (which are, in fact, the same old hoax suppositions repeated over and over again) many, many times.  After having researched them suitably, we have arrived at a reasoned judgment.  Being open to the idea doesn't mean accepting it without testing it.

Mr.Windley, with all due respect (which it is my opinion is very little), I have seen in these few short pages how you "reach your conclusions", and it is by whatever it is that suits your motivation. You DO NOT consider new evidence, you cast aspersions on it any way you can, just like you did my integrity and honesty.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »
I just think it's a dishonest tactic that shows a lack of integrity and a sort of desperation to slime someone in an effort to discredit them without any evidence.

I think it's a dishonest tactic to claim to be a scientist, refuse to prove that, then redefine what it means to be a scientist.  You want the "title" of scientist without showing that you earned it.

I assure you that Jay Windley is no match for myself intellectually or academically.

You've been invited several times to prove that, if it matters so much to you.  I'm also wondering why you're so obsessed over me personally.  There are other people on this forum, you know.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »

No, by claiming that NASA didn't go to the moon you are saying that NASA faked it.  That is an affirmative assertion.

Talk about word games?

Saying NASA did not land men on the moon in the last century is a NEGATIVE ASSERTION, period. Saying they hoaxed it is the same damned thing.