Author Topic: Baby's First Halloween  (Read 6036 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Baby's First Halloween
« on: October 31, 2013, 11:43:48 PM »
One of the reasons I haven't posted much in the way of baby pictures is that the image limitation is smaller than most of my pictures.  But I'm so proud of his Halloween costume (what I actually finished of it) that I will share another way.

http://gillianren.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Yoda-410764924
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: Baby's First Halloween
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 01:14:49 AM »
Hrmm . . cute they make them these days, hrmmm?
Congrats and great job. :D

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:13:52 AM »
Very nice ;D
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:07:36 AM »
Awwww!

I love babies in costumes, and this one is adorable.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 01:26:50 PM »
Awww!
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 01:27:52 PM »
A healthy dose of Star Wars. :)
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
Definitely adorable.

Speaking of adorable babies, my lil granddaughter just passed her second one.

Anyone recognize the costume?  My genius daughter says it should be obvious, and although it looks vaguely karate-kid-ish, I have no clue.  Any ideas, anyone?

"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 09:39:03 PM »
She's sushi.  What is it about dressing little kids up as food that's so common?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 10:36:12 PM »
She's sushi.  What is it about dressing little kids up as food that's so common?
*facepalm*   I'd have never gotten that, although I was on the right continent, I guess.  I dunno about the food costumes - haven't seen many around here.  I do find this one hilarious though.

Thank you, ma'am.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 01:24:41 AM »
At least it isn't some confining Anne Geddes getup.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 02:31:53 AM »
I was offered a Tootsie Roll costume.  There's this pattern (http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6627-products-23020.php?page_id=489), which offers you your choice of pea, strawberry, or chili--and if you leave off the face, that's clearly a carrot, not a pumpkin.  Also from that company, you have citrus dresses and a hat that you can do in a variety of flavours.  It's a thing, like appliqués on the butt of baby pants.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 10:09:52 AM »
I was offered a Tootsie Roll costume.  There's this pattern (http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6627-products-23020.php?page_id=489), which offers you your choice of pea, strawberry, or chili--and if you leave off the face, that's clearly a carrot, not a pumpkin.  Also from that company, you have citrus dresses and a hat that you can do in a variety of flavours.  It's a thing, like appliqués on the butt of baby pants.
Or if you made it in off-white, it could be a parsnip. :)

Is this the kind of applique you mean?

You have to overlook my darlin' daughter.  She spent 32 years thinking she would never have children, until medical science came along and changed the game.  So she tends to go a little overboard.  The applique was part of Livvie's outfit for her first birthday: