Author Topic: 8 days: To the Moon and Back  (Read 2211 times)

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
8 days: To the Moon and Back
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:31:54 PM »
This was on BBC 2 in the UK last night. I set it to record but when I tried to view it I got 1 and a half hours of 'no signal' so didn't get anything which I was pretty miffed about. Obviously this was blocked by the powers that be according to some but that is not my question.

The blurb said that previously classified recordings are included. If anyone saw this, is this true? (I know I can get it on bbciplayer but I have limited downloads due to my contract) or is it just more poor reporting. I thought pretty much everything was available?

Is it worth having a look at?

By the way this is not a JAQ, I am certain they went!

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
Re: 8 days: To the Moon and Back
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »
Had a few views but no responses!

Seriously, I put a bit of dosh on my account to take a look at this. It is worth the view, Believe me.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »
It was very well put together, but like most of these programmes claims of 'previously unseen footage' and so on are somewhat exaggerated. It blended mission audio with actors recreating key moments with some good CGI.

Well worth a watch.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 04:25:09 AM »
As opposed to the air/ground communications, which have always been open except for doctor consultations, the on-board recordings and transcripts of the spacecraft intercoms actually were classified "confidential" at first. They were declassified and released long ago, though I don't remember exactly when.