Author Topic: Holocaust a hoax?  (Read 7712 times)

Offline apollo16uvc

• Mars
  • Where no telescope has gone before.
    • Patreon
Holocaust a hoax?
« on: July 20, 2017, 03:39:25 PM »
[VIDEO REMOVED]
Watch me at: YouTube
Experience the past: Flickr
Support me on Patreon

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: Holocaust a hoax?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 05:56:32 PM »
Could you summarise? Unless, and maybe even if, that's a debunking video, I'd really not want Youtube to think that's shit I'm interested in. And I do mean shit.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:00:17 PM »
It's holocaust denial.

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »
Is there something specific in this video, a new space-themed take on Holocaust denying perhaps? I really don't want to watch any of it as I find denial of the Holocaust to be depressing (as opposed, say, to denial of the Apollo Program's success, which is schadenfreude-tastic.)

(I visited Auschwitz-Birkenau in November 1989, shortly after a visit to Moscow, where I watched the Nov 7 military parade through Red Square. The parade lasted the whole day, and featured Scud missile launchers and the whole bit. I still have the 35mm negatives from that trip.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:18:23 PM by Geordie »

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 09:23:01 PM »
I have removed the link to the video.

Holocaust denial is one of the few topics that I will not tolerate in this forum, and I am not interested in giving the owner of that video any additional views that they could profit from.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:32:21 PM by LunarOrbit »
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 10:12:40 PM »
I'm really glad that Eisenhower required filming of the camps, and the nearby German citizens to parade through the camps to see the horrors.  To me that pretty much debunks any denial.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 02:23:15 AM »
You'd sure think so, and so did Eisenhower. But don't underestimate the ability of some people to believe whatever they want to believe no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 06:25:14 AM »
Was it Fetzer? he was always JFK then started into holocaust denial. I demolished him with claims that Sen Wellstone was assassinated, likewise with his Moon Hoax claims. Seemed if it was a  wacko conspiracy theory, he embraced it.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 09:23:36 AM »
You'd sure think so, and so did Eisenhower. But don't underestimate the ability of some people to believe whatever they want to believe no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary.

Yes the mind of CT's  ::)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 10:29:32 AM »
Was it Fetzer? he was always JFK then started into holocaust denial. I demolished him with claims that Sen Wellstone was assassinated, likewise with his Moon Hoax claims. Seemed if it was a  wacko conspiracy theory, he embraced it.

That's the thing - someone can start with a supposedly small conspiracy theory. Say, that Anna Anderson was really Anastasia. The proponents may sound reasonable, even if wrong. But as more and more evidence has to be denied for the theory to be true, more and more parts of our shared reality have to be rejected for the hoax proponents' own.

You know you're dealing with a conspiracy theorist rather than someone who simply has the wrong end of a particular tale when they, for example, move from "The U.S. knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor" to "World War II was a hoax put on by the Allied governments." The first is possible, although I personally don't believe it. The second is so clearly woo-woo that most people will reject it out of hand. But the first belief can lead to the second if the proponent will deny all contrary evidence by handwaving it as lies and fakery.

Offline bobdude11

• Venus
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 01:43:38 PM »
CT's make my brain hurt; but this particular denial simply angers me beyond words.

Thanks to LO for removing the video and stance against this particular ct.
Robert Clark -
CISSP, MISM, MCSE and some other alphabet certifications.
I am moving to Theory ... everything works in Theory
"Everybody remember where we parked." James Tiberius Kirk, Captain, U.S.S. Enterprise

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 06:27:13 PM »
There is a good Holocaust section over at ISF

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279600

Its a good place to discuss it because there are some very experienced, very knowledgeable Holocaust scholars posting in that thread who have libraries full of actual books and access to documents. The deniers whose sole sources of "information" are googleversity and the echo chambers of CODOH and Youtube, regularly get their arses handed to them.

Recently, I have been in the middle of a battle between a denier who refuses to answer difficult questions, and those very same scholars. Its a no contest really.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.