Author Topic: All Aussies and New Zelanders  (Read 9005 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: All Aussies and New Zelanders
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 05:52:15 PM »
The name of the ship is now public; it's on the TV and other media here.

Edited to add: Hey - you might be really happy with this. According to one online news site..

"...The spokeswoman said authorities had been notified and arrangements made to tow the ship to shore for repair.

She said all guests would receive a full refund, as well as a 50 per cent future cruise credit...."

Yes the credits have been reported to us also, bad news travels fast!  We are around 12+ hours from port @0951 local time.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 03:09:27 AM »
Ah, the Norwegian Star. In early 2009 we took the Norwegian Gem from New York to the Caribbean and back. I really liked the open, casual dining arrangements; I've never seen any appeal in formal dinners, especially when all the other restaurants close and give you no choice.

I see the problem is with the azipods, so you would still have had hotel power. You sure don't want to lose that on a cruise ship, especially in warm weather.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »
We have sailed on all but three of the ships.  The attraction of open and casual dining is one of the reasons in addition to the specialty restaurants that are open.  In Melbourne and under going repairs 2-3 more days allegedly.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »
Well my wife and I travelled again to the Southern hemisphere and visited Australia and New Zealand, this time without fault so far.  Very beautiful countries and wonderful people.  It took a year to go through everything but it was well worth it.
Eugene Cernan