Author Topic: A Hoaxer’s Analysis of Apollo  (Read 9593 times)

Offline BDL

• Venus
A Hoaxer’s Analysis of Apollo
« on: July 31, 2018, 08:53:09 AM »
Well, I’d like to note that “hoaxer” is not referring to me. I fully realize that Apollo really happened and was all authentic. But I’ve found an interesting hoaxer which apparently created an hour long list of things that supposedly “prove” Apollo never happened. I’d like to have your opinion on this.
Here:

Also, some more things by the same person. It seems the flag was waving a bit while it was not in contact with the astronaut. Are there any explanations for this?

In this, he compares the Russian Soyuz RCS Thrusters with that of Apollo’s Thrusters.

This person takes issue with a bunch of stuff I think. Some of this YouTube channel is in Russian but, with the stuff we’re able to understand, I think it would be both wise and beneficial to thuroughly refute/debunk his channel here. Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:32:50 AM by BDL »
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline BDL

• Venus
Re: A Hoaxer’s Analysis of Apollo
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
Our site has been noticed.
And I really don’t think he’s very fond of us.

He’s also taken issue with Jay Windley (JayUtah):

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:10:40 AM by BDL »
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »
Jet Wintzer has been around for a couple of years.  A regurgitation of old HB's ideas and fully debunked.  We have debated the "orange/brown" smears on the film magazine.  No the magazine was not exposed to orange juice.  I personally contacted General Duke concerning the orange juice issue.  The magazine has most likely a smudge of lunar regolith that continued to smear on the images, too bad they take away from the really wonderful images taken on the Moon.

Ask yourself or any other HB, "Did you think of all the possibilities of what ever anomaly you describe, before declaring the image is fake or not taken on the Moon?"

Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 10:39:43 AM »
Since he's aware of us, he's welcome to come here and debate the moon hoax if he wishes. I just hope that he brings some intellectual honesty with him.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:53:56 AM »
Since he's aware of us, he's welcome to come here and debate the moon hoax if he wishes. I just hope that he brings some intellectual honesty with him.

Fair point. To my knowledge, however, he’s been inactive on the internet for around a year.

The only thing he left us is a couple of videos. He also doesn’t seem very willing (or able) to debate from what I’ve seen of his comment section. Others have been able to provide explanations (in his comment section) and he doesn’t even try to fight back with actual arguments. In fact - whenever someone refuted his video he starts insulting the person and calls them either “retarded apollogist” or “propagandist.”

Obviously, he has a very regrettable, but common mindset among HBs.
Anyways, in my humble opinion, it would be wise to refute his channel in a way that is technical and detailed. I’d recommend to have it all organized so people can see and find it easily.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:15:02 AM by BDL »

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 12:36:16 PM »

He'd have to have some first.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »

Fair point. To my knowledge, however, he’s been inactive on the internet for around a year.

The only thing he left us is a couple of videos. He also doesn’t seem very willing (or able) to debate from what I’ve seen of his comment section. Others have been able to provide explanations (in his comment section) and he doesn’t even try to fight back with actual arguments. In fact - whenever someone refuted his video he starts insulting the person and calls them either “retarded apollogist” or “propagandist.”

Anyways, in my humble opinion, it would be wise to refute his channel in a way that is technical and detailed. I’d recommend to have it all organized so people can see and find it easily.

So what handle does this guy go under and what internet forum?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 01:04:04 PM »
 :)

So what handle does this guy go under and what internet forum?

He mainly operates on his YouTube channel “moonfakery” but his last video (which, fortunately, was already debunked by another Youtube channel) was posted around a year ago. I’m unsure of whether he’s ever made an account on apollohoax.net but he does know we exist.
Aulis.com mentions him but I don’t know whether he’s really a contributor there or not. http://aulis.com/moon_hoax_now.htm

People are saying he’s a filmmaker but I can’t be sure. I also don’t know how or where to reach him.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:17:39 PM by BDL »

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 01:22:22 PM »
“Jet Wintzer” is not his real name I just found out.
http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2015/01/leo-donofrio-natural-born-conspiracy-theorist/
Apparently his real name is “Leo Donofrio.”
He’s made quite the name for himself with conspiracies I guess.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »
Yes Jet would trash talk anything that might debunk his videos.  And yes he would be a filmmaker at least in YT.  I watched the 1 hour video about 2 years ago and made notes of all his ignorant observations.  Those all are lost unfortunately and I won't set through another hour of stupidity.  To be associated or linked to aulis isn't a good thing, as they are all snake oil salesmen selling to the unwary.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 01:26:28 PM »
http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2015/01/leo-donofrio-natural-born-conspiracy-theorist/

From that link, and thank you for the research.

I have never decided in my own mind whether Donofrio believes any of the stuff, or if he is just trying to prove how smart he is by fooling other people.

It is difficult to assess whether one believes the crap he spouts or just trying to fool others.  Only he can know for sure.
Eugene Cernan

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »

"Donofrio". I thought that name sounded familiar. He's one of the main proponents of the Obama Birther Conspiracy. Expecting intellectual honesty from him is a lost cause.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »

Fat chance!

I have seen his lack of intellectual honesty first hand. If commenters question him, he abuses them or calls them NASA shills; if they post detailed, technical refutations of his video, he generally deletes the comments.

People like Jet Wintzer, and the Blunder are intellectual cowards. In places like like YouTube or GLP, he can control the debate by deleting inconvenient refutations of his BS. I doubt we will ever see Wintzer here because he knows he will not be able to control the debate.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 09:28:04 AM »
So I’ve found the explanation for the flag. It was static charge.https://www.quora.com/Why-did-the-flag-sometimes-move-when-the-astronaut-was-not-touching-it
Also, “Moon Hoax Now” was already talked about here on this site.
I’m still curious, however, about his problem with JayUtah and what that was all about. I’m also unsure of what he has against apollohoax.net in general.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 12:07:30 PM »
I've never paid attention to YouTube hoax claimants and I don't plan to start.  They're the only group I have ever felt honest categorically dismissing.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams