Author Topic: Preventing DAKDAK/Playdor-style revisionism  (Read 27004 times)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Re: Preventing DAKDAK/Playdor-style revisionism
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:53:10 PM »
I was only able to restore the titles of some posts unfortunately. The quotes we made of his posts helped, but weren't complete enough.
As cjameshuff pointed out it's possible to find many of DAKDAK's posts in google's cache.

Thank you, carpediem and cjameshuff. I was able to use the links you provided to restore about half of DAKDAKs posts, but anything he posted after about May 31 is still missing. But I'm thinking those will server a useful purpose in showing people how immature he was.

Forgive this radical suggestion, but I'm wondering about how best to deal with the aftermath - all the above stuff is good, but may I tentatively (and in a complete turnaround!) suggest that Dak be *unbanned*

I don't think that's going to happen. He asked to be banned and vandalized the forum to ensure it would happen, so I think he would have a hard time claiming martyrdom.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 01:49:23 AM »
However, he did try to remove the evidence of his ignorance obviously hoping he could be banned safe in the knowledge that noone would know what he said.

The fact that a large number of his posts have been restored could possibly leave him with the desire to explain himself.

Or maybe not.

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »
So this is why I can't correct my typo from earlier.  It will now be there to haunt me forever :(
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
It is somethign taht ihvae grwon acustom too.  You will to.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett