Author Topic: Cat Scratch Fever! Meow!  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Read Think Repeat

• Mercury
Cat Scratch Fever! Meow!
« on: April 04, 2019, 01:34:20 AM »
In AS16-114-18387 the visor displays a reflection with the proper orientation of the astroNot's hands. But in AS16-114-18388, as if the visor can channel the astroNot's mind, we get instead a more suggestive image. The astroNot reflected in the visor in 18388 is just about ready to pounce or something. Or is he offering up a massage?! "Why, yes, I could use a massage. A little lower, please..."

Apollo, a criminal joke.

"Ignorance is Strength." I'm weak.

Offline jr Knowing

• Earth
Re: Cat Scratch Fever! Meow!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 01:39:57 AM »
Read Think Repeat,

Seen it before. Put it in a photo editor. Remix the contrast and you will see the gloves are oriented right. So far all your examples are sub par. And I am on your team.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:43:31 AM »
The astroNot reflected in the visor in 18388 is just about ready to pounce or something.

Incoherent babble.  Obvious troll is obvious.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 01:44:43 AM »
Put it in a photo editor.

Second time you've invoked this without being able to explain what that means.

Remix the contrast...

That's not a thing.

Offline jr Knowing

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 01:57:25 AM »
Hi Jay,

I was trying to keep it simple by using "remix the contrast". But if you want to get techinical, how about contrast and brightness, or if you want to get real professional "adjusting the curves" or "dodging and burning".

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 02:32:51 AM »
"On your team"?

I thought you were just asking questions and 99% sure the missions were genuine?

Is the new guy making the hoax movement look stupid? It was managing to do that just fine without him.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 04:06:24 AM »
Hi Jay,

I was trying to keep it simple by using "remix the contrast". But if you want to get techinical, how about contrast and brightness, or if you want to get real professional "adjusting the curves" or "dodging and burning".

If you want to get technical, how about addressing the open questions on your own thread, rather than feed this incredibly obvious troll?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 05:35:11 AM »
This is a perfect example of somebody manufacturing an impossible problem and claiming it proves a hoax. I ask the fairly obvious question, how was this accomplished on Earth and why this demonstrates it wasn't on the Moon?

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 05:51:29 AM »
Hi Jay,

These terms are only "real professional" to people who have zero knowledge or experience in photography. Dodging and burning has been around since the early days of photographic development. So we can add photography to the list of things that you have little or no experience in.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 07:37:40 AM »
"On your team"?

I thought you were just asking questions and 99% sure the missions were genuine?

Is the new guy making the hoax movement look stupid? It was managing to do that just fine without him.

I picked up on that too!!
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 08:56:20 AM »
I was trying to keep it simple...

Why would you do that?  The people here don't need you trying to dumb things down for them.  On nearly every topic you've raised, the regulars here have shown themselves far more informed and capable than you.  If anything you should be trying to provide more detail.

...by using "remix the contrast".

"Remixing the contrast" is neither a simplification nor a reference to any valid technique in image analysis.  Methinks you're trying to use technical-sounding words to convince the reader you actually know something about this.  Your history here has shown a willingness to bluff about such things.

But if you want to get techinical...

It's not a matter of want.  Image analysis is by nature a technical subject -- a highly mathematical one, as well as a careful one if it is for forensic purposes.  Your advice, as it stands, boils down to randomly applying software processes to an image.  That's not how it works.

how about contrast and brightness...

Which of the several available algorithms for "contrast" and "brightness"?  Linear transformations?  Higher-order transformations?  If the latter, are you recomputing the gamma? You haven't told us what you're looking for and how such a transformation would help determine it.

...or if you want to get real professional...

Do you have any professional qualifications in image analysis or photographic interpretation?  I highly doubt you do, so maybe talking down to others isn't a good strategy here.

"adjusting the curves"

Okay, this is getting closer to a useful technique.  Adjusting response curves for what portion of the histogram?  What degree of adjustment?  What order of adjustment?  What would you do to determine that?

or "dodging and burning".

Dodging and burning are artistic techniques.  They have no place in image analysis.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:12:09 AM by JayUtah »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 08:58:05 AM »
If you want to get technical, how about addressing the open questions on your own thread, rather than feed this incredibly obvious troll?

Indeed.  It's obvious he has no answers there.  The fortuitous arrival of our latest troll has provided him with the distraction he sought all day yesterday when he was hell-bent on social engineering.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »
So we can add photography to the list of things that you have little or no experience in.

And photo analysis, which is related to but different than photography.  More disturbingly, we can add it to the list of things Jr Knowing knows little about, but doesn't hesitate to pontificate upon.  Not knowing something is one thing.  Pretending you do, and talking down to others about it, is something else.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 10:13:58 AM »
"On your team"?

Motte argument:  "I'm on your team."
Bailey argument:  "I'm 99% sure the missions were real; I'm just asking questions."

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 04:31:28 PM »
"On your team"?

Motte argument:  "I'm on your team."
Bailey argument:  "I'm 99% sure the missions were real; I'm just asking questions."

I suspect jr. would fall into the category of of the majority of hoax believers so full of themselves that even if it was possible to take them to the moon today and show them everything left behind including the ALSEP's, Apollo 16 UV telescope, footprints and impact craters from the LM ascent stages they would still dismiss it all as irrelevant and go on about how it could of all been staged during the decades since the last Apollo mission.