Author Topic: Banned members  (Read 112894 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Banned members
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 07:07:37 PM »
I think this checklist should consist of questions quick to answer. So don't include ones about the theoretical flaws in his energy balance.

Instead focus on more straightforward ones like the energy density he's using.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »
I'll work on a list of items, but I would recommend being careful on the "to our satisfaction" clause.

What I mean is that he will at least have to provide an answer to each of the questions, even if the answers are wrong. He can't just ignore the questions or dismiss them as stupid or "off topic".

The phrase I like in this situation is "directly address."  Meaning that whatever he answers must be obviously (not "evidently") pertinent to the question to an informed reader or it's pertinence must be explained in the answer.    He needs to give specific answers and not wander from the point of the question.  We (ultimately LO) are the target informed reader.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 09:30:27 PM »
Just my 2 cents.

1. LO is to be commended for his handling of heiwa.

2. It is probably unfair to post too much to the thread when heiwa has no right of reply. I know the suspension was self inflicted, but he will have one hell of a backlog to deal with after. (and may even use it as an excuse)

3. List of claims to which he must respond. Hmm. He still asks for the numbers, despite being handed the numbers multiple times. Feet to the flames on that one. Hold him to account. Still, a compiled list of outstanding questions which must be answered could be useful.

4. Heiwa can clearly learn, given the reported edits to his site on foot of conversations here. There may yet be hope. He just cannot bring himself to admit error as yet. The LES debacle comes to mind.

OK, that's 4 cents.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2013, 09:02:53 PM »
I don't think it'll be a surprise to anyone that chrisbobson has been banned. I banned him at about 8am my time, but I was too busy with work today to do much else until now. I'm just reading his posts now and cleaning up some of the mess. I'm deleting any of his posts that were not responded to, but leaving the ones that were.

It's obvious that he's a sock puppet of a well known internet troll, but even if I'm wrong about that he still flooded the forum with over 80 posts in an hour. Anyone who is seriously interested in having a discussion would not do that because their earliest posts would be so deeply buried by the more recent ones that it would be counterproductive.

He's already tried to re-register, but now that I know the IP range of his proxy server it was easy enough to recognize him.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 02:03:42 AM »
Can you put posting limits on New members?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Banned members
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
I'm not sure, I'll take a look.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 09:28:10 PM »
Heiwa has been banned for 7 days for insulting the members of the forum and for ignoring my warnings to not try to moderate the discussion (which is what got him banned last time).

He made several posts today, some of which I decided to approve (but just barely). I have copied the unapproved posts to this post to demonstrate that he is trying to provoke me into banning him.

He wants to be able to brag to his friends that I had to ban him in order to prevent him from publishing his "proof" here. So this is what I'm going to do. If he insults the members or violates any rules after being warned not to, he'll get another 7 day ban. If he follows the rules and is polite to the other members of the forum I will allow him to post. That means it is entirely up to him whether his "message" is published here. If he gets banned he'll be back in 7 days for another try. Maybe he'll eventually realize that the only thing preventing him from spreading his message is his behaviour. It's like trying to train a puppy not to pee on the carpet.

Here is the first post in which he insults the intelligence of Zakalwe:

I wonder will he (Heiwa) come back on here after he has had his a*se resoundably handed to him in quite such a manner.

I just want to assist you winning my Challenge - see post #1 - but I wonder if you manage it.

In the next post he tries to warn Daggerstab not to post off topic. Now, I've warned him enough times not to do that, so I have to wonder... is he trying to provoke me or is he just too stupid to understand simple instructions?

Heiwa, I suggest looking up the ownership of the different components of the ISS and who put them up there. I guess it will be a surprise to you that there is a sizable Russian part. I also suggest updating your page, because it talks about the Dragon's flight to the ISS in future tense, and it's already old news. You also seem to be unaware of the initial Dragon flight and reentry that didn't go to the ISS. For your education, here's SpaceX's website:
http://www.spacex.com/

Thanks for visiting my web page about Moon travel. Yes, I know SpaceX' Dragon module allegedly landed in the Pacific just outside LA, after a visit to the ISS October 2012 - I describe the preparations/link for it at http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravel.htm#EM .

The Dragon re-entry is just copy/paste of the Soyuz re-entry that I describe in detail, i.e. both are impossible. Part of my Challenge - see post #1 - is to demonstrate that they are possible and that I am wrong. Try to stay on topic, pls.

Followed by another post in which he insults the intelligence of the members of this forum:

Heiwa, does that include the people on this forum? Who do you think gets paid by the military here?

Judging from the last 200-300 posts in this thread I think many people on this forum are not very intelligent or clever but as they all hide behind strange xyz123 masks I do not really care. I just notice they have all failed my Challenge - post # 1.

And then a post where he insults the members of the forum and warns Frenat to stay on topic. A two-for-one violation.

He appears to have his own cheering section that is just as clueless as he is. 

Appears! I am very popular. Are you jealous? Or sorry that you cannot win my Challenge? See post # 1.
Pls, try to stay on topic! Moaning and groaning about stupid things you do not understand is ... off topic.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 01:29:09 PM »
Nice job applying the rolled-up newspaper of suspension (or temporary ban).  I agree, do not permanently ban him.  Let's see if he is capable of learning the rules, and besides, what other kitty toys are there to play with right now?

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2013, 01:34:42 PM »
Does it have to be a week?  Think of our amusement.

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
Banned members
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »
Nice job applying the rolled-up newspaper of suspension (or temporary ban).  I agree, do not permanently ban him.  Let's see if he is capable of learning the rules, and besides, what other kitty toys are there to play with right now?

Agreed.  Besides, as has been mentioned, it's clear to me that he wants to be banned.  Why give him the satisfaction?

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
...and besides, what other kitty toys are there to play with right now?

Now that's just plain evil...I like it. :D

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:39 PM »
alexsanchez has been permanently banned for trolling. He even admits to it here:

Calling me a troll hurts my feelings.

Feelings?...no, you get some sick pleasure by "jerking our chains".

I don't think You even believe the things you say...you just "get off" on watching us react.

How sick is that?
This is the first comment that is right on the money. 

I really don't understand the point of trolling. Why would anyone intentionally make themselves look stupid just to provoke people into answering questions? Is it supposed to be embarrassing for us some how? I really only see it as embarrassing to the troll.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
I really don't understand the point of trolling. Why would anyone intentionally make themselves look stupid just to provoke people into answering questions? Is it supposed to be embarrassing for us some how? I really only see it as embarrassing to the troll.
There's a reason most trolls remain anonymous.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »
I really think they think they're bothering us a lot more than they do.  I go most of my day without even thinking about these twits unless I'm actually on the board at the time.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »
And in the meantime, we learnt a lot about rendezvous.

I thought he was fun until he gave up all pretenses.