Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 341942 times)

Offline skeptic_UK

• Venus
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #465 on: September 19, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »
Just because I don't give the answer you prefer seems to mean I don't give any answer at all.

I do not suffer fools at all...you can leave at any time.

If that statement is indeed true, maybe you're the one who should think about leaving.

Offline skeptic_UK

• Venus
« Reply #466 on: September 19, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »
Especially when their only 'proof' of the matter is that they cannot comprehend how I could like a piece of work unless I was somehow also it's author.

I, personally, can not comprehend how you could believe such idiotic "work".

Erm... OK? Not sure how your lack of comprehension is relevant. I do not care if you don't. I care that you sprout BS and lies about me.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #467 on: September 19, 2014, 07:47:11 PM »
I made one post stating that I liked the book and why.

...and your "why" continues to be irrelevant to the discussion going on ON THIS BOARD.

...so why do you continue here?

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #468 on: September 19, 2014, 07:48:23 PM »
I care that you sprout BS and lies about me.

Go away silly troll...

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #469 on: September 19, 2014, 07:49:55 PM »
Just because I don't give the answer you prefer seems to mean I don't give any answer at all.

I do not suffer fools at all...you can leave at any time.

If that statement is indeed true, maybe you're the one who should think about leaving.

...and you still can not tell us why you liked/believed a book filled with obvious, ignorant lies...

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #470 on: September 19, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »
Not sure how your lack of comprehension is relevant.

Well, it has to do with it being incomprehensible to me that anyone could believe anything in that book...that YOU do tells us all that your critical thinking skills are non-existent, and that
Your ONLY REASON HERE is to troll.

Boring troll is boring...go away boring troll...

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #471 on: September 19, 2014, 08:23:43 PM »
Almost every mention of the book in this thread has been by you.

I discussed several works at the beginning.  Since the time the author of Haunted by Neil Armstrong came into this thread to shill it, you've spoken of no other work.  That's after you asked for a reading list and evaded further questions which other works from it you'd investigated.

You even went out of your way to find the guys website...

No, I didn't go out my way.  It's printed on the back cover of the book you've been reading for a week.

...and publicise it.  Which you continue to do by posting the link on your own website.

That is my standard editorial policy.  If you had read any of the other reviews on the site, you'll see I always tell the reader where he can access the original material.  That's to allow someone to see whether I have selectively quoted it.  My argument at the web site is never based on keeping my readers from reading material I disagree with.

I made one post stating that I liked the book and why. Everything else has been in reply to people attacking that view or myself personally.

No.  Nearly every post has been you whining incessantly about how badly you're being treated at a forum you keep returning to, even when it's abundantly clear you have no interest in its stated purpose.

If you don't like the subject matter, go away.  If you're just here to keep stirring mud, go away.

Have you seen a post by myself where I say I have changed my mind or contradicted my original claim? No. So why would you need to even ask that question?

Because you made your original claim "...it's impossible to really know if it's true or not," only once in your very first post back from reading it.  Then you spoke of it no more until now, refused to answer questions regarding it, and refused to discuss it with anyone who disagreed with it.

I'd seriously like to know why I'd need to re-affirm a previous statement when it's clear I've not switched positions.

Because it is not at all clear you haven't switched positions.  You switched your argument almost immediately to not caring whether the book was factual.  And you raised that point over and over for pages, and ignored repeated requests for you to clarify whether or not you were indeed softening your position.

Nearly 10 pages of people trying to engage you on that "it's impossible" point, not the irrelevant indifference you kept substitute.

Now that you've finally affirmed that you believe it's impossible to determine whether the book is factual, do you have any interest in discussing that claim?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #472 on: September 20, 2014, 01:06:20 AM »
http://www.clavius.org/Rene-NASA-Mooned-America.pdf , if you must.

OMG! You have it right on your Clavius site! I didn't know that. I've been wanting to read his book for a long time but damn if I was going to pay WunderBlunder for it.

I've read some of it. What I've seen so far is unexpectedly well-written. He must have had a good editor, because it is head and shoulders above the writing he demonstrated on his web page.
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #473 on: September 20, 2014, 06:45:43 AM »
I've read some of it. What I've seen so far is unexpectedly well-written. He must have had a good editor, because it is head and shoulders above the writing he demonstrated on his web page.

... but still Everest's peak away from the rest of the sane world.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #474 on: September 20, 2014, 07:20:54 AM »

This book is magnificent.  It has nearly 200 pages all of them containing major discrepancies found in the so called Moon Landings which NASA have never explained.   Why they don't just admit it was a Hoax as there is no doubt after reading this book that it was.  I am going to send Rene a copy of my book to see what he makes of it Jockndoris

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #475 on: September 20, 2014, 07:26:49 AM »

This book is magnificent.  It has nearly 200 pages all of them containing major discrepancies found in the so called Moon Landings which NASA have never explained.   Why they don't just admit it was a Hoax as there is no doubt after reading this book that it was.  I am going to send Rene a copy of my book to see what he makes of it Jockndoris

Good luck with that. Your research powers are as effective as ever.

Like you Rene, was a liar, so pick one of these so called major discrepancies that you think is the smoking gun and we'll see how it fares. Do your worst.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:29:39 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #476 on: September 20, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
and just so we can remind ourselves how dishonest you are, here is your first post in this thread:

You obviously don’t know that there is a book published just recently in the UK called  Haunted by Neil Armstrong by Neil Burns.   Google should find it for you.
It claims that the astronaut played golf in Honolulu near Pearl Harbour on the very day he was supposed to be on the Moon in 1969!   It’s not available in the USA so I don’t think you could get a copy.  If it’s true of course it might be the proof everybody has been waiting for.

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #477 on: September 20, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »
I guess it has to be said.

Rene is dead.

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #478 on: September 20, 2014, 08:14:24 AM »
I guess it has to be said.

Rene is dead.

Phil

You shouldn't have told him that.

BTW - Jockndoris or Sceptic_UK - how long did it take you to read Ralph Renés book?
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #479 on: September 20, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »
This isn't Jock's first hoax thread.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:21:54 AM by RAF »