Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 341797 times)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2014, 07:12:50 PM »
I get the feeling that Jockndoris is just one of these guys that likes to pull peoples legs and does his coup counting by selling the pamphlets he calles books.  Simply stirring the pot seems to be a second choice option since it at least keeps him from complete obscurity as a noaccount accountant. Assuming that claim is true. I mean really, communing with ghosts?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2014, 02:45:16 AM »
I get the feeling that Jockndoris is just one of these guys that likes to pull peoples legs and does his coup counting by selling the pamphlets he calles books.  Simply stirring the pot seems to be a second choice option since it at least keeps him from complete obscurity as a noaccount accountant. Assuming that claim is true. I mean really, communing with ghosts?

And there's the rub. Forget about arguing about if a civvie could get into a golf club or not. This specimen claims to speak to ghosts and can cure arthritis with gooseberry leaves. That puts him firmly in the "point at and laugh" club. He's either a badge-carrying member of the Woo-Woo brigade or a charlatan intent on milking as much money from the gullible as he can. The accountant version of Derek Acorah, if you will

Some great posts and some not so great. Why is there so much anger around?!
I don't see any anger, though I freely acknowledge that a forum is a difficult place to display and interpret the emotions of the poster. You've got to remember that this place isn't the be-all and end-all of the contributors. Most of the heavy-weights in here are busy with their careers, and to be frank, answering most of the bunkum that the typical hoaxie puts up will probably take seconds. In contrast, your typical hoaxie will have spent hours absorbing all sorts of claptrap and will become emotionally invested in their belief-system. Mainly, IMHO, because the majority of them have bugger all else to do. These are the ones that tend to get angry quite quickly and normally resort to throwing their own body-waste about quite quickly.
You only have to look at the Awe130 thread to see how quickly Adrian van Wereeld Awe130 descended into panic and spittle-flecked fury.

Anyhoo, you might have over-looked this one, but I wonder of you'd like to answer this question?

do believe it was faked myself.
Why?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
Of course the book is based on fact.

So you're prepared to prove that the ghost of Neil Armstrong visited its author.

‘These stories are absolutely true-exactly as I recall them.’

And your memory is infallible?  And you claim to talk to ghosts?

Just to make absolutely sure I flew 21 hours to Honolulu in November 2013. I checked at the Navy Marine Golf Club near Pearl Harbor that I had played golf with Neil Armstrong on 21 July 1969.  They gave me a great welcome and were able to confirm that we won the competition on that day.

Please list here the name of the person at the golf club to whom you spoke and who, according to you, confirmed that the astronaut Neil Armstrong played golf there with you on that date.  I will be verifying your story.

All the details are in the book which is available on our website   www.jockndoris.co.uk  where you can order a copy to be sent airmail.

I'm not paying for your book, but feel free to send me a complimentary review copy.

If you're going to shill your commercial products here, you had better pretend to give details when asked, and give them here.
I would be happy to send you a complimentary copy if you give me a suitable snailmail address
As before I will respond to all the points made given time - here are few replies
When I wrote my first book in 1999 I was 57 years old and so was 27 years old when I played with Neil Armstrong.
All points are covered in the book
The Navy Marine Club is a military club making it all the more plausible that the astronauts played there in 1969

Thank you for sending us a snailmail address. We will get a complimentary copy of the Book Haunted by Neil Armstrong by Neil Burns in the post tomorrow morning first thing. I hope you enjoy reading it and look forward to your comments. Best wishes Jockndoris

JayUtah
I trust you have now received the complimentary copy of Haunted by Neil Armstrong  which we sent to you and have had enough time to read it. We all look forward to hearing what you thought of it. 
Jockndoris

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »
With bated breath
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »
JayUtah
I trust you have now received the complimentary copy of Haunted by Neil Armstrong  which we sent to you and have had enough time to read it.

Have you factored in the extra time required for laugh breaks?

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »
Jockndoris, to reiterate my earlier post, I still don't understand his you can expect that such a frankly cockamamie claim merits any attention whatsoever, other than perhaps a roll of the eyes.    Neil Armstrong was observed to be on the Moon that day.  The idea that one of the most famous men in human history would be casually and openly playing golf with some random civilian on a military course when he was supposed to be on another planetary body is just... stupid.   Do you actually expect anyone with any familiarity with the Apollo program to take this seriously?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #246 on: September 13, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »
I trust you have now received the complimentary copy...

No, not yet received.

Independent of whether it appears in the book, I repeat that I require the name of the person to whom you spoke at the golf course, who allegedly confirmed to you that you played golf with Neil Armstrong the astronaut, on the day he was supposedly on the Moon.

Please supply that name at your earliest convenience.  I shall be calling the golf course to confirm it.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2014, 05:21:53 AM »

I trust you have now received the complimentary copy of Haunted by Neil Armstrong  which we sent to you and have had enough time to read it. We all look forward to hearing what you thought of it. 
Jockndoris

Is it printed on nice soft three-ply tissue paper?  ::)
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2014, 06:10:40 AM »

Please supply that name at your earliest convenience.  I shall be calling the golf course to confirm it.

A photo of the visitor's book would also be good.

On another note, I have recently received some very nice books on Apollo in the form of the Apollo 15 PSR and Apollo 10 Photography Analysis report. They are much more fun than any work of fiction.

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2014, 07:05:18 AM »
I trust you have now received the complimentary copy...

No, not yet received.

The Complimentary Copy was posted on September 4th Airmail with a Customs Note attached – it should be there very soon.  If any of the other members want their complimentary copy please send me a snailmail address – I want you all to read it !!  Jockndoris

Independent of whether it appears in the book, I repeat that I require the name of the person to whom you spoke at the golf course, who allegedly confirmed to you that you played golf with Neil Armstrong the astronaut, on the day he was supposedly on the Moon.

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2014, 07:06:28 AM »
With bated breath
  The Complimentary Copy was posted on September 4th Airmail with a Customs Note attached – it should be there very soon.  If any of the other members want their complimentary copy please send me a snailmail address – I want you all to read it !!  Jockndoris

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2014, 07:11:01 AM »

Jockndoris

Is it printed on nice soft three-ply tissue paper?  ::) 

Much nicer to have a proper copy with color photos of the Navy Marine club and their club professional!!  The Complimentary Copy was posted to JayUtah on September 4th Airmail with a Customs Note attached – it should be there by now  please send me your  snailmail address – I want you all to read it !!  Jockndoris

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
Please learn how to use the quote tags correctly.  Your response should be after the closing [/quote].

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2014, 10:30:30 AM »
Much nicer to have a proper copy with color photos of the Navy Marine club and their club professional!!  The Complimentary Copy was posted to JayUtah on September 4th Airmail with a Customs Note attached – it should be there by now  please send me your  snailmail address – I want you all to read it !!  Jockndoris[/b]

Thanks for the kind offer to send me your pamphlet, but on this occasion I will decline your offer. I really don't have the time or inclination to spend reading kook books about communing with ghosts.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2014, 11:29:46 AM »
Thanks for the kind offer to send me your pamphlet, but on this occasion I will decline your offer. I really don't have the time or inclination to spend reading kook books about communing with ghosts.

Quite.  I, for one, am in the middle of doing real research (about a different topic, admittedly) right now.  I want the book I publish to be worth reading, you see.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates