Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 341779 times)

Offline darren r

• Earth
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
I'm puzzled as to how Neil Armstrong could have been playing golf that day anyway. Wasn't he visiting strip clubs in Las Vegas at the time? Either that or he was on his way to the Moon. It all gets so confusing. Who to believe, who to believe....
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »
Of course the book is based on fact.

So you're prepared to prove that the ghost of Neil Armstrong visited its author.

‘These stories are absolutely true-exactly as I recall them.’

And your memory is infallible?  And you claim to talk to ghosts?

Just to make absolutely sure I flew 21 hours to Honolulu in November 2013. I checked at the Navy Marine Golf Club near Pearl Harbor that I had played golf with Neil Armstrong on 21 July 1969.  They gave me a great welcome and were able to confirm that we won the competition on that day.

Please list here the name of the person at the golf club to whom you spoke and who, according to you, confirmed that the astronaut Neil Armstrong played golf there with you on that date.  I will be verifying your story.

All the details are in the book which is available on our website   www.jockndoris.co.uk  where you can order a copy to be sent airmail.

I'm not paying for your book, but feel free to send me a complimentary review copy.

If you're going to shill your commercial products here, you had better pretend to give details when asked, and give them here.
I would be happy to send you a complimentary copy if you give me a suitable snailmail address
As before I will respond to all the points made given time - here are few replies
When I wrote my first book in 1999 I was 57 years old and so was 27 years old when I played with Neil Armstrong.
All points are covered in the book
The Navy Marine Club is a military club making it all the more plausible that the astronauts played there in 1969

Thank you for sending us a snailmail address. We will get a complimentary copy of the Book Haunted by Neil Armstrong by Neil Burns in the post tomorrow morning first thing. I hope you enjoy reading it and look forward to your comments. Best wishes Jockndoris

Offline Jockndoris

• Venus
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
The Navy Marine Club is a military club making it all the more plausible that the astronauts played there in 1969.

For military astronauts, BUT ARMSTRONG WAS A CIVILIAN.

Sorry to "shout", but this is a FACT you MUST acknowledge BEFORE we can proceed further with this discussion.

Do you understand?

Why do you think he was a civilian?   Neil Armstrong was a Naval Aviator with the rank of Commander and subject to military disciplines all his life.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »
$16.50, one assumes plus shipping, for a glorified pamphlet?  Who would pay that?

Well, he does admit to having a sense of humor.

He has a great sense of humour which he says is just as well in todays topsy turvy world.

http://www.ukuva.co.uk/author.htm

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2014, 07:28:35 PM »
Well, he does admit to having a sense of humor.

The chartered accountant tells people he has a sense of humor.  That's like Freddy Krueger telling people he's good with kids.

"He has a great sense of humour which he says is just as well in todays topsy turvy world."

I tend to think that supposedly respectable professional men who take people's money in exchange for outrageous claims they won't prove are a big part of what makes it topsy turvy.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:10 PM »
The Navy Marine Club is a military club making it all the more plausible that the astronauts played there in 1969.

Sorry to "shout", but this is a FACT you MUST acknowledge BEFORE we can proceed further with this discussion.

Do you understand?
Why do you think he was a civilian?   Neil Armstrong was a Naval Aviator with the rank of Commander and subject to military disciplines all his life.

Armstrong left the Navy at age 22 on August 23, 1952, and became a Lieutenant, Junior Grade, in the U.S. Naval Reserve. He remained in the reserve for eight years, then resigned his commission on October 21, 1960

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2014, 08:16:03 PM »
My grandfather was a chartered accountant, and he actually did have a good sense of humour.
One joke he was well known for was that the reason he became an accountant was because he 'liked figures', while gesturing the outline of a female form.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2014, 08:33:11 PM »

Do you understand?

Armstrong left the Navy at age 22 on August 23, 1952, and became a Lieutenant, Junior Grade, in the U.S. Naval Reserve. He remained in the reserve for eight years, then resigned his commission on October 21, 1960

For those who are not aware, that is not enough time to qualify for retirement so he would have had to surrender his ID card when he resigned his commission.  Even if he still had it for some reason it would have been expired.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »

So to answer my question, you do not understand that Armstrong was a civilian during his astronaut career.

Is this correct?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »

No, that's sometimes how it works in the United Kingdom, but that's expressly not how it works in the United States.  Once an officer leaves the service -- as Armstrong did long before joining NASA -- he is no longer entitled to the privileges afforded active-duty servicemen.

It was a big deal that Armstrong flew the X-15 as a civilian.  It was a big deal that he came to NASA as a civilian already wearing astronaut wings.  It was a big deal that the commander of the first Apollo landing mission was not a military officer, but rather an aviator who had distinguished himself as a test pilot as a civilian.

For someone who claims to have spoken to the ghost of Neil Armstrong, you seem to have this concept of his career that would be arrived at by a British subject who only did a little bit of research and really did not delve into the details, and assumed he knew how military service worked in the U.S.  I hope you realize that I'm an internationally recognized historian of the Apollo project as well as a professional aerospace engineer.  I will expose you.

And you still need to explain how you got to golf at a course reserved for active-duty U.S. military personnel, that does not allow guests.  I'm a U.S. citizen and an erstwhile defense contractor, and even I don't get to golf there.  So please explain this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:19:22 PM by JayUtah »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »
My grandfather was a chartered accountant, and he actually did have a good sense of humour.

I take back the stereotype then.  I'll repent by subjecting myself to all the Arthur Puty sketches.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »
And you still need to explain how you got to golf at a course reserved for active-duty U.S. military personnel, that does not allow guests.  I'm a U.S. citizen and an erstwhile defense contractor, and even I don't get to golf there.  So please explain this.

...and just to confirm the accuracy of what we are saying about this golf course...

I know that these restrictions were strictly observed in 1979 when I was there, so I would expect that to be at least the case 10 years earlier.

I cannot speak for what actually happens now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:37:20 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2014, 11:36:40 PM »
You should probably mention that you are its publishers. Anyway, I've read the synopsis and it's the ramblings of a fantasist.

When the publisher's synopsis contains the sentences, "However, when Neil Armstrong died in 2012, lots of memories started flooding back [to the author]," and "Read how the author met Neil Armstrong's ghost several times and how he recalled with complete freedom the secrets behind the greatest military hoax of all times," you know you're about to be swindled.

Yes, since you're not apparently making your book generally available, Jockndoris, please fill us in on whether the it's intended to be factual.
Of course the book is based on fact.  As I state on the back of the book 
Just to make absolutely sure I flew 21 hours to Honolulu in November 2013.
I checked at the Navy Marine Golf Club near Pearl Harbor that I had played golf with Neil Armstrong on 21 July 1969.  They gave me a great welcome and were able to confirm that we won the competition on that day. All the details are in the book which is available on our website   www.jockndoris.co.uk  where you can order a copy to be sent airmail.
You either have a bad memory.... or you're a liar. I'm leaning towards the later just a weeeeeee bit.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2014, 11:39:35 PM »
You should probably mention that you are its publishers. Anyway, I've read the synopsis and it's the ramblings of a fantasist.

When the publisher's synopsis contains the sentences, "However, when Neil Armstrong died in 2012, lots of memories started flooding back [to the author]," and "Read how the author met Neil Armstrong's ghost several times and how he recalled with complete freedom the secrets behind the greatest military hoax of all times," you know you're about to be swindled.

Yes, since you're not apparently making your book generally available, Jockndoris, please fill us in on whether the it's intended to be factual.
Of course the book is based on fact.  As I state on the back of the book 
Just to make absolutely sure I flew 21 hours to Honolulu in November 2013.
I checked at the Navy Marine Golf Club near Pearl Harbor that I had played golf with Neil Armstrong on 21 July 1969.  They gave me a great welcome and were able to confirm that we won the competition on that day. All the details are in the book which is available on our website   www.jockndoris.co.uk  where you can order a copy to be sent airmail.
This has to be a Poe, right????????
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2014, 11:55:52 PM »
Jockndoris,

If your book was being promoted as a work of fiction I'd have no problem with it. Everyone should have a hobby, and I certainly wouldn't discourage you from writing if you enjoy it. But come on! You don't really expect us to believe this is a true story, do you? Promoting this story as a fact... well, I do have a problem with that.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)