Author Topic: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?  (Read 411052 times)

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
Re: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »
Not even trying any more, are you Alex?

Give up and go somewhere where your nonsense will be appreciated like abovetopsecret or infowars.
Just stating the facts.  You like my "nonsense" otherwise you wouldn't have posted a comment.  And, how do you know it's nonsense?  You only know what you think you know because that's what you've been told.  You believe what you want to believe.  It's comforting for you to say you think like most people.  I understand about wanting to fit in.  For 40 years I thought we went to the moon.  Then I looked into it. I also believed muslims with box cutters brought down the WTC, and that kerosene melts steel such that 110 stories collapse all at once.  (I can't believe I fell for that one.)  But that's what woke me up.  What else were they lying about?  It scares you to think that the moon landings might have been faked, doesn't it.  You're afraid of the mere possibility.  It's easier to just say something is nonsense than face the truth, or even face the possibility.   How do you know what you think you know?  Did you figure it out, or did you just take somebody's word for it?  Do you believe everything the govt tells you???? 

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:55 PM »
They say they went there 6 times and didn't find even one single thing of interest, like water. 

Rubbish. For example the Apollo-sourced samples dramatically changed our view on the genesis of the Moon.

We are still learning from the Apollo-sourced moonrocks. A study in 2010 by James Greenwood identified comets as the likely source of deuterium in the Apollo samples.
Rubbish?  Really?  What was the view on the genesis of the Moon prior to Apollo, and what is that view now?  And, what's the difference between moon rocks from the moon, and moon rocks from Antarctica?
Still looking for other people to do your research for you?

I seem to be the only one doing research.  Somebody like you telling me what NASA said they did is not research, it's spreading bullshit.   NASA gets paid to lie.  I don't.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »

I also believed muslims with box cutters brought down the WTC, and that kerosene melts steel such that 110 stories collapse all at once.  (I can't believe I fell for that one.)

The September 11th terrorist attacks are unrelated to Apollo and are therefore off topic in this section of the forum.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
NASA gets paid to lie.  I don't.

Yeah, you love it so much you do it for free.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »
They say they went there 6 times and didn't find even one single thing of interest, like water. 

Rubbish. For example the Apollo-sourced samples dramatically changed our view on the genesis of the Moon.

We are still learning from the Apollo-sourced moonrocks. A study in 2010 by James Greenwood identified comets as the likely source of deuterium in the Apollo samples.
Rubbish?  Really?  What was the view on the genesis of the Moon prior to Apollo, and what is that view now?  And, what's the difference between moon rocks from the moon, and moon rocks from Antarctica?
Still looking for other people to do your research for you?

I seem to be the only one doing research.  Somebody like you telling me what NASA said they did is not research, it's spreading bullshit.   NASA gets paid to lie.  I don't.

Prove they lie.  You have yet to prove a single thing.  Plenty of handwaving though.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »
I seem to be the only one doing research.

Are you still here? haven't you been humiliated enough?

Somebody like you...

What the hell does "someone like you" mean?

...telling me what NASA said they did is not research, it's spreading bullshit.

Listen very carefully....what you just said only reflects on YOUR IGNORANCE. The Apollo missions ARE ESTABLISHED HISTORICAL FACT. You may disagree with that, but no one is going to take you seriously as long as you behave like a child.

Do you at least understand that your behavior "turns off" anyone who might be willing to listen to you?
You are basically are your own worst enemy...and you can't see it.

NASA gets paid to lie.  I don't.

I simply do not believe you based on your posts...you say you don't lie, but one of the very first things the people on this board did when you arrived was catch you in a lie.

If you have the truth on your "side", then why do you find it necessary to lie?

..and of course...once caught in a lie, no one will take you seriously ever again.

As I posted...you are your own worst enemy.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:58:02 PM by RAF »

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »
Just stating the facts.

Facts like pretending to be an engineer when WE ALL KNOW that you are not?

Such a stupid lie, from a proven liar.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 09:04:28 PM »
You're absolutely right, Patrick.  They never went there.  In fact all six landings were close to the lunar equator, so they never went to the lunar North Pole.

Any more stupid arguments for us?
Yes, genius, I have another stupid argument for you.  6 times they found nothing interesting?  But they kept going back to the lunar equator?  Now that's stupid.  Why didn't they go to the north pole?  They would have found tons of water and people would have been thrilled to death.  But, no... all they did was bring back moon rocks, and more moon rocks.  They might have found some kind of life in that water. But noooo... lets go to the equator again, and, duhhhh... we'll bring back some more moon rocks.

I was going to reaspond to this...give the reasons why things were done the way they were, but what would be the point?...it's not like you listen to anyone but the voices in your head...so you can comment all ya want...and we'll just sit back and laugh at your willful ignorance.

...and I thought you said "good-bye"...you even lied about that.

Do you lie like this in everyday life?...do people shun you because they can not trust you to tell the truth?

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »

Prove they lie.  You have yet to prove a single thing.  Plenty of handwaving though.
Handwaving?  I'm just talking way over your head.  (What have you ever proven?)  Tell ya what... why don't you get me $50 million and I'll prove whether they landed on the moon or not.  $50 million is the cost of sending a rocket to the moon.  I just need to fly over a landing site and beam back a camera image.  If there's no descent stage, then they didn't go.   Until the time comes that somebody does that, all we can prove is that it was infinitely easier to fake it than go to the moon, and that's a fact.  I happen to know that they didn't go to the moon because they would have needed to do an IMU alignment on the moon, which they couldn't do, because they had no survey marker on the moon.  And, anybody who wants me to prove I'm an engineer, and that I worked on the Delta rocket, and the ISS, you need to put up some money and bet me.  A Director of Engineering at Boeing is a former co-worker.  Another co-worker is a Chief Engineer at General Dynamics.  I used to party with those guys.  I've used them as work references.  My college roommate is a director of engineering at Panasonic.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »

Handwaving?  I'm just talking way over your head.  (What have you ever proven?)  Tell ya what... why don't you get me $50 million and I'll prove whether they landed on the moon or not.  $50 million is the cost of sending a rocket to the moon.  I just need to fly over a landing site and beam back a camera image.  If there's no descent stage, then they didn't go.   Until the time comes that somebody does that, all we can prove is that it was infinitely easier to fake it than go to the moon, and that's a fact.  I happen to know that they didn't go to the moon because they would have needed to do an IMU alignment on the moon, which they couldn't do, because they had no survey marker on the moon.  And, anybody who wants me to prove I'm an engineer, and that I worked on the Delta rocket, and the ISS, you need to put up some money and bet me.  A Director of Engineering at Boeing is a former co-worker.  Another co-worker is a Chief Engineer at General Dynamics.  I used to party with those guys.  I've used them as work references.  My college roommate is a director of engineering at Panasonic.

So in other words, you can't prove they've lied so you're trying to shift the burden of proof.

Like you know anything about an IMU alignment.  You have already been shown to be a fraud.

Besides, the LRO has already done what you're asking.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
Handwaving?  I'm just talking way over your head.  (What have you ever proven?)

We've proven that you are not an engineer...just a sad little liar.

Tell ya what...

No...you're not going to tell us anything.

...why don't you get me...

I don't make deals with liars.

I happen to know...

Tell us another funny, liar.

...anybody who wants me to prove I'm an engineer...

No...not going to waste my time with more of your lies...

...and that I worked on the Delta rocket, and the ISS, you need to put up some money and bet me.  A Director of Engineering at Boeing is a former co-worker.  Another co-worker is a Chief Engineer at General Dynamics.  I used to party with those guys.  I've used them as work references.  My college roommate is a director of engineering at Panasonic.

Yet you can not provide any names...because you are lying...

So if I understand this correctly, you want us to believe that Apollo was faked, and your evidence for this is a pack of lies.

You must sincerely believe that others are as ignorant as you...they are not...that is why you fail...liar.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:19:49 PM by RAF »

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »
Aside...I'm not that particularly comfortable calling anyone a liar, but I just can not think of another word that applies...apologies to the board...

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
Just stating the facts.

Facts like pretending to be an engineer when WE ALL KNOW that you are not?

Such a stupid lie, from a proven liar.
Then you're all wrong.  And did everyone elect you to speak for them?   This is Ad Hominem.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »

Rubbish?  Really?  What was the view on the genesis of the Moon prior to Apollo, and what is that view now?
Thank you for asking.

Prior to Apollo, three theories had been posited:

1. Joint formation: the Earth and the Moon formed in their present relationship;
2. Fission: the early molten Earth spun so fast that a portion was spun off to form the Moon;
3. Capture: the Moon formed somewhere else in the Solar System, and was gravitationally captured by the Earth.

However, all three theories had problems.

Thanks to information supplied by the Apollo rocks, a new theory was developed which was first publicly presented at a conference at Kona in Hawaii in about 1984.

The new theory, which is still substantially as originally presented, is that the early Earth was struck a slightly off-centre blow by another planet about the size of Mars. That planet was shattered, most of its core absorbed by the Earth, and mantle material blasted off to form the Moon.

And, what's the difference between moon rocks from the moon, and moon rocks from Antarctica?
Lunar meteorites collected in Antarctica show evidence of passing through the Earth's atmosphere at high speed, and of contamination by the Earth. The Apollo rocks show no such signs, and instead show signs of having been struck by micrometeorites (called zap pits) and solar radiation. There is no technology to recreate zap pits.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:31 PM »
You're absolutely right, Patrick.  They never went there.  In fact all six landings were close to the lunar equator, so they never went to the lunar North Pole.

Any more stupid arguments for us?
Yes, genius, I have another stupid argument for you.  6 times they found nothing interesting?  But they kept going back to the lunar equator?  Now that's stupid.  Why didn't they go to the north pole?  They would have found tons of water and people would have been thrilled to death.  But, no... all they did was bring back moon rocks, and more moon rocks.  They might have found some kind of life in that water. But noooo... lets go to the equator again, and, duhhhh... we'll bring back some more moon rocks.
They didn't all land on the Moon's equator. Apollo 17 landed at 20 degrees north, and Apollo 15 landed at 26 degrees north. That was about as far from the equator as their fuel would allow them.

But even if they did all land at the equator, so what? It's obvious the Moon's geology varies considerably along the equator.