Author Topic: Two New Users  (Read 19596 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Two New Users
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:28:33 AM »
Two new users I pointed here one a hoax believer, one a good guy, both say they have an initial email saying their requests are being considered but getting no follow up.

The hoax believer is a "Photographic expert" who thinks he knows more than he does, Tom Brinckman (That's all the info I have)

The good guy is Bruce Merrill and his username is bruce92106.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Re: Two New Users
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Bryan. I don't always get the email notifications from the forum when someone joins, and Tapatalk doesn't show the number of users waiting for approval.

I've approved bruce92106, but I'm not sure which account belongs to Tom Brinckman. None of the other unapproved accounts really jump out at me as real people (I get a lot of fake spam accounts). Could you please ask him to confirm what username he used?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 07:48:08 AM »
I will, thank you :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:03:57 AM by Bryanpoprobson »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:13:18 AM »
The other one was Gardum apparently. :)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 11:49:33 AM »
Ok, thanks, I've approved his account.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 12:41:09 PM »
Cheers.. :) I hope he provides some good sport lol. :)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 04:45:53 PM »
The hoax believer is a "Photographic expert" who thinks he knows more than he does,

Oh goody!. He will run into a few people here who ARE photographic experts, including Kiwi and myself (both of us having been professionals in the trade).
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:24 PM »
Cheers.. :) I hope he provides some good sport lol. :)
You have created a Golem, "[...] a highly mutable metaphor with seemingly limitless symbolism. [... I]t has been used to connote war, [...] isolation, [...] and despair."

"[... I]t is often used today as a metaphor for a brainless lunk or entity who [...] is hostile to his [master] under [un]controlled conditions."
   (Cooper, Marilyn.  ''Moment Magazine''.  17 July 2017.

But be careful: In one version of this story, the rabbi had to resort to trickery to deactivate it, whereupon it crumbled upon its creator and crushed him.
   (Gelbin, Cathy S. Introduction to "The Golem Returns".)

;D

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
I've had a query from a metabunk member saying his application here hasn't been approved? He is 'James Mercer' on that forum and may have applied twice.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:57 PM »
I don't see any users with that name. I may have mistaken the account for a spammer and rejected it. Please ask him to register again with the same name so I can approve his account.

Offline nweber

• Venus
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 11:35:47 AM »
I've had a query from a metabunk member saying his application here hasn't been approved? He is 'James Mercer' on that forum and may have applied twice.

I think this account (the one I'm using to post right now) is the sixth time I've attempted to join the board.  Maybe it's the fifth, maybe the seventh, I've lost count.  Fortunately I have a lot of email addresses.  Judging by the confirmation email, this latest registration attempt was on January 7th; I can't really tell when it was approved, but it must have been sometime in the last couple weeks or so.

There was surely something I saw back in 2017 or 2016 that caused me to want to register, but I can't remember what it was.

In any event, hello everyone.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 11:51:41 AM »
I apologize for the delay in approving accounts. There are several reasons for that:

• I have a day job that often turns into an evening job, and don't have as much time to manage the forum as I used to
  • I normally only view the forum on my phone using Tapatalk, which doesn't notify me of new users
  • The notification emails that the forum sends me almost always go to my spam folder
  • 9 out of 10 of the new users are spammers, so if the username looks at all suspicious to me I will reject the account
  • Actual legit new users are not too common nowadays
  • The new users that I do approve give me crap about the delay so I start to wonder "Why do I even bother?"

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »
I apologize for the delay in approving accounts. There are several reasons for that:

• I have a day job that often turns into an evening job, and don't have as much time to manage the forum as I used to
  • I normally only view the forum on my phone using Tapatalk, which doesn't notify me of new users
  • The notification emails that the forum sends me almost always go to my spam folder
  • 9 out of 10 of the new users are spammers, so if the username looks at all suspicious to me I will reject the account
  • The new users that I do approve give me crap about the delay so I start to wonder "Why do I even bother?"

You are doing a great job for the pay your receive, which I know is zilch. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 11:57:56 AM »

You are doing a great job for the pay your receive, which I know is zilch. :)

Thank you, bknight. :) It's technically less than zilch since I have to pay for the hosting... which is currently not earning my business. Sorry if sound a bit grumpy today. Just annoyed by the server issues.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
Guy called William Wagner is trying to get on :)