Author Topic: Jay and Brian O'Leary  (Read 22537 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Jay and Brian O'Leary
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 01:03:16 AM »
I am looking for help on posting Brian's last word on the moon landings issue.  It was indeed his last word.  It seems that everybody wants to pursue ancillary matters (and rather irrationally and naively, as if they never heard of Black Ops, something that I am unfortunately somewhat familiar with), and nobody here has offered to help.  That is too bad.  The moon hoax theorists try to keep Brian's "participation" in the issue alive, and in the interest of truth, it would be nice to have his last words stand as his last words.  Is this forum comprised of truth-seekers or establishment defenders? 

I speak for myself here, and maybe I speak for others, but I do not see myself as a truth-seeker or establishment defender. The truth of Apollo speaks for itself through its scientific and engineering legacy, it does not need me to defend it. My interest in Apollo is the scientific legacy, such as the LRRRs and the rock samples. We owe much to the astronauts for their bravery, as placing the LRRRs on the moon has told us much about general relativity. As a physicist, the LRRRs are a great resource for me, and learning about them has given me a greater understanding of a theory that I personally find very exciting and interesting, and can talk about at great length.

As someone who works in educational outreach, Apollo is one of many historic scientific events, and providing cultural access to a scientifically correct view of man's greatest technical achievement is very important. Man's scientific legacy is about as far removed from black ops as you can imagine, and has nothing to do with establishments and truth seeking.

While I am a physicist, I am a member of this forum because I learn a great deal from qualified engineers like Jay, sts60, Bob, ka9q et al. I have also become very interested in the radiation aspects of the hoax theory which has nothing to do with defending the establishment or being a truth seeker. The science of space weather is not owned by the establishment (as you call it), nor is it about truth. It's about scientific fact, and setting the flawed science of Ralph Rene correct. So please do not paste me with your all encompassing brush, and place me into one camp or another as a consequence of others' buffoonery.

The talk about the truth and interspersion with mention of black ops is simply of no interest to casual observers. With respect, if you have Brian's last words and want to publish them, then there is nothing stopping you. To be quite honest, and with respect ot Brian, his final words don't interest me. I simply don't care much about what he had to say regarding Apollo. The truth about those events is in the Apollo record for all to see, and is owned by those that made those events possible. It was tainted by Bill Kaysing's arrogance, and kicked around further alongside Ralph Rene's ego. It's a few hangers on trying to make a quick buck that peddle the hoax.

Given DAKAK's recent excursion here, I am sure that you will find this forum a place of integrity and honesty, and you can post Brian's final words for all to see. I'm not sure what is so special about them to warrant the continued double speak and reference to black ops. It is becoming tiresome, and I'd rather you didn't use it as an excuse to tar me with the same brush that you use for others.

Apollo is bigger than Brian O'Learly - that's the reality. I really do wish people would get over it, particularly now he is no longer here to defend himself.

Admin - Can we have a new smiley that shows a bored yawning face?  :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:08:09 AM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 02:02:57 AM »
I speak for myself here, and maybe I speak for others, but I do not see myself as a truth-seeker or establishment defender. The truth of Apollo speaks for itself...
Luke, you certainly do speak for me..  That was an excellent summary of my own feelings - I've been looking at this thread with some puzzlement - what on earth did Wade think he would achieve?  And the references to free energy, 'talented' psychics, 'alleged' murder attempts, and corrupt establishment - it all just left me shaking my head.

I  too would prefer such dramatics were taken elsewhere.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 02:54:18 AM »
Yeah, I've been bored with this particular train of thought for some time now.  Add me to the list of those who don't care what any individual has to say about Apollo.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 04:30:20 AM »
It seems that everybody wants to pursue ancillary matters (and rather irrationally and naively, as if they never heard of Black Ops, something that I am unfortunately somewhat familiar with), and nobody here has offered to help.

Wade,

Members of this board are by and large skeptical of unsubstantiated claims like this.  Whatever your experience in this area, if you wish not to have it questioned, don't bring it up. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:38:51 AM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 08:41:47 AM »
I'm also at a loss as to why I should care what Brian O'Leary may or may not have said about Apollo.

There's a mountain of evidence that the Apollo landings happened just as documented: thousands of photographs, movie films, TV footage, flight reports, minutes of planning meetings, design reviews, oral histories, engineering documentation, user manuals, physical artifacts, training materials, physically returned samples examined by hundreds of scientists, transmitted signals received by hundreds of other engineers and scientists, etc, etc, etc.

I can't conceive of anything that any one person could say that could possibly have the slightest effect on this overwhelming reality. Even if that one person was an astronaut candidate who never flew in space.

Whoever thinks a conversation they may have had with such astronaut candidate, now conveniently deceased, actually means something against all this reality really needs to get over himself.

This means you, Wade.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »
Darn Black Ops, they sure have a high failure rate.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
Darn Black Ops, they sure have a high failure rate.

That's exactly what they want you to think!

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
This whole O'Leary-inside-knowledge-of-NASA thing is quite entertaining. The sum total of his inside knowledge of NASA amounts to interviewing for a job, dressing up for a group photo, and dropping out of flight school.