Author Topic: Flat Earth???  (Read 8087 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Flat Earth???
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:36:31 PM »
I ran onto this video

It is a moon hoax video, but thee author jeranism, starts off asking the viewer to just "open your mind" for a few minutes.  Then goes on to state that a previous work, not linked here.  I stopped the video immediately, this is just too much for me.

Anybody run over this guy before?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Flat Earth???
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »
It is a moon hoax video, but thee author jeranism, starts off asking the viewer to just "open your mind" for a few minutes.

That old chestnut. Loading the dice before the argument is presented. I've been subject to the 'open your mind to a bogus authority' plea before, and usually respond with 'no, I'd rather trust to maths and physics thanks.'

I stopped the video immediately, this is just too much for me.

It's not too much for me to be quite honest, I just cannot be bothered with the amount of BS that pervades that side of the web. That's why this forum is so great, it attracts the odd CT. In my view, if they cannot come here, they're really not worth the bother as they clearly hide their arguments behind the walls of their little gardens.

Anybody run over this guy before?

No, don't go scooting into YT world much now. Used to, but I found it a futile activity. I like the cute kitty videos through :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »
It is a moon hoax video, but thee author jeranism, starts off asking the viewer to just "open your mind" for a few minutes.

No, don't go scooting into YT world much now. Used to, but I found it a futile activity. I like the cute kitty videos through :)
lol, thanks
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »
I just cannot be bothered with the amount of BS that pervades that side of the web

No, don't go scooting into YT world much now. Used to, but I found it a futile activity.

Yes, because "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy!!!"
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 06:56:36 PM »
Oh Obi Wan, tell it like it is.

Really I was trolling to pick up thoughts of others, attempting to hone my own observation skills.  But when this guys started talking about his previous video concerning a flat earth, just blew me away.  I guess someone stated they the CT's have a need to "know" something no one else does and that make them "important" or special.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »
All Flat Earth "facts/truth."

Couple Clues Forms guys there too, I think.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?board=20.0

Phil

Just remembered, Heiwa is there.....still claiming his so called "challenge," is unwinnable
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:58:03 AM by Philthy »
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 07:56:56 AM »
Hadn't heard of him and his claims until this information.  After reading the first few paragraphs, I closed the page. 
Eugene Cernan

Offline Grashtel

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »
Just remembered, Heiwa is there.....still claiming his so called "challenge," is unwinnable
Well he is sorta correct on that.  As he is the assessor of it and refuses to admit that he is wrong, and the little fact that he doesn't have a fraction of the prize money, means that the prize is unwinnable, just not in an honest way.
"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it." -Florence Ambrose

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 06:03:03 PM »
Hadn't heard of him and his claims until this information.  After reading the first few paragraphs, I closed the page.

I'm pretty much convinced that the website flatearthsociey.org is a poe that attracts genuine nutjobs who are too stupid to realise they are having their urine extracted. It ranks right up the with the FSM and Pastafarianism, all touched by His noodly appendages.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.