Author Topic: LLRV and LLTV  (Read 4958 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: LLRV and LLTV
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »
Morning All

a chat with an old friend re the landings and the viewing of first man has posed a question which I am not sure of.

it regards the LLRV and LLTV. He acserts that not enough time was spent training in them especially the Apollo 11 backup commander who had no LLRV training.

firstly is this true and was it an issue and secondly is there a resource anywhere showing all test flights of the LLRV and LLTV with name of pilot , date etc

does this also exist for the testing of the LM components. I understand the actual LM couldn't be tested in full until the actual landings

cheers

Ben

Zakalwe has posted most of the questions/explanations as usual.

As usual find out his knowledge, not just his beliefs.  Pin him down to what training experience were the astronauts required.  I don't have a training record fo eash, but Bill Anders flew the LLTV immediatly prior to the one that crashed with Neil.  Bill didn't fly with a LM and he was CM pilot, but trained.  o his thoughts that they didn't train "enough" go out the window.

Zakalwe posted another good question, has he had any experience in setting up or managing training in a like program.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
Re: LLRV and LLTV
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 02:21:18 PM »
Morning All

a chat with an old friend re the landings and the viewing of first man has posed a question which I am not sure of.

it regards the LLRV and LLTV. He acserts that not enough time was spent training in them especially the Apollo 11 backup commander who had no LLRV training.

firstly is this true and was it an issue and secondly is there a resource anywhere showing all test flights of the LLRV and LLTV with name of pilot , date etc

does this also exist for the testing of the LM components. I understand the actual LM couldn't be tested in full until the actual landings

cheers

Ben

Zakalwe has posted most of the questions/explanations as usual.

As usual find out his knowledge, not just his beliefs.  Pin him down to what training experience were the astronauts required.  I don't have a training record fo eash, but Bill Anders flew the LLTV immediatly prior to the one that crashed with Neil.  Bill didn't fly with a LM and he was CM pilot, but trained.  o his thoughts that they didn't train "enough" go out the window.

Zakalwe posted another good question, has he had any experience in setting up or managing training in a like program.

what do you think bknight lol I doubt it just has his opinions