Author Topic: Channel 5 showing a hoaxist "documentary" tonight  (Read 11359 times)

Offline Tedward

• Mars
Re: Channel 5 showing a hoaxist "documentary" tonight
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 05:40:02 AM »
Don't worry. Icke is supposedly setting up a TV and radio service, that will no doubt tell the unbiased truth far better than any mainstream show.

Offline Mr Gorsky

• Venus
  • Flying blind on a rocket cycle
    • That Fatal Kiss Music
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 08:55:22 AM »
Interestingly, it was another Channel 5 documentary (this one) that originally opened my eyes to the fact that the moon landing hoax was even a thing, and brought me to this site in the first place ... where I found that one of the actual scientists in the show (Jay Windley) was a regular poster.

And I cannot even recount how much I have learned from Jay and others here in the time since then.
The Optimist: The glass is half full
The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »
And I cannot even recount how much I have learned from Jay and others here in the time since then.

+1
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
Interestingly, it was another Channel 5 documentary (this one)

Ah, yes. I remember that. It was a good one. Seems to me if they're going to show that other travesty they should show this one to provide some balance.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Captain Swoop

• Venus
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 04:09:33 AM »
Does anyone else find that the Brits seem more predisposed toward disbelieving the history of Apollo?  I've never seen any studies or polls which compare the percentage of doubters by country, but based on some of the exchanges I've had, my hunch is that the UK would rank very high in a nation-by-nation comparison.

Maybe their beliefs are shaped by some weird sense of national pride or envy instead of rational thought.

A lot of Brits don't believe Apollo was real because it is American not because they have thought about it in any depth or have seen anything to make them disbelieve.
Since the Second Gulf War here is a lot of vague anti - American feeling in the UK.
If pressed a lot of the moon hoax believers will admit they have no reason to think it is a hoax apart from it being American.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 06:31:49 AM »
Not really asked people, I expect there are the same believers in proportion?

I would imagine there are more thinking "if only", missed opportunities rather than it never happened. More the bitter n twisted man muttering into his ale at the end of the bar "if only we had hem Germans after the war" sort of thinking. Not based on any reality.