Author Topic: NASA and Freemasonry  (Read 15994 times)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
NASA and Freemasonry
« on: December 22, 2018, 06:21:03 PM »
I have googled many signs of freemasonry in NASA, and many of its astronauts and men are freemasons. The question is why are highly intelligent people after a sort of cult organization?
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: NASA and Freemasonry
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:03:12 PM »
You assume freemasonry is a cult?

Isn't it more like a gentleman's club, where people of significance can discuss subjects that matter to them? Why is it a problem? People discuss private and business matters confidentially all the time.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 02:50:25 AM »
It's seen in many circles as a sign of social rank - part of the natural order of things as you climb the ladder. I often see it floated as something of significance in terms of Apollo (not to mention the wildly exaggerated number of freemasons among the astronauts), but it's not like they ever made a secret of it.

This first day cover from my collection proudly shows off one of their members, and I have seen others:

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 04:26:42 AM »
If we ever find out that any astronaut was a member of the Stonecutters, then I'll start to worry...  ;D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 06:29:46 AM »
It's seen in many circles as a sign of social rank - part of the natural order of things as you climb the ladder. I often see it floated as something of significance in terms of Apollo (not to mention the wildly exaggerated number of freemasons among the astronauts), but it's not like they ever made a secret of it.

This first day cover from my collection proudly shows off one of their members, and I have seen others:

They keep a secret of their beliefs. They swear an oath to that. Why high ranking people go to it if it is not giv8ng them power in some way?
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 07:00:03 AM »
They keep a secret of their beliefs. They swear an oath to that. Why high ranking people go to it if it is not giv8ng them power in some way?

Why not? Also, you seem to have it backwards. High ranking people already have power. Why join another society to get what they already have?

All you are doing is demonstrating the sadly not unusual paranoia that any group that doesn't share everything must be hiding something and it must be something big if high ranking individuals are involved. You have no proof. You also have no basis to consider it a cult besides this supposed secrecy and the widespread understanding that masons help other masons, which is hardly unique to that group or society of humans.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:06:15 AM »

It's another group that people can join, in order to meet other people who might be able to help them climb the corporate/social ladder.

In one organisation I worked for it was supposedly fairly common knowledge that the workforce contained large groups of Catholics and Masons. The theory was that Masons would do everything they could to help fellow Masons get promoted, and the Catholics would do everything they could to help fellow Catholics get promoted. Naturally, if people were promoted ahead of others with supposedly better skills, then it's reasonable to believe that promoted Masons were promoted at the expense of non-Masons, including Catholics. And vice versa.

Whether the astronauts were able to pull similar stunts I don't know.

Just another thing, LionKing: look at the first day cover again and see the dates he reached his "Degrees": 1955 and 1956 - not only before he was an astronaut but before the first satellite was launched. In other words, Aldrin wasn't a "high-ranking" person at the time. People didn't join the Masons because they already were high-ranking; they joined it when they were low-ranking in the hope it would help them become high-ranking.

Offline grmcdorman

• Earth
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 10:14:45 AM »
It's social networking, pre-Internet style. Perhaps a bit more filtered, to be sure, but still just social networking. That probably existed since the first organizations; the people who put up Stonehenge probably had some form of social networking.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 10:18:30 AM »

It's another group that people can join, in order to meet other people who might be able to help them climb the corporate/social ladder.

In one organisation I worked for it was supposedly fairly common knowledge that the workforce contained large groups of Catholics and Masons. The theory was that Masons would do everything they could to help fellow Masons get promoted, and the Catholics would do everything they could to help fellow Catholics get promoted. Naturally, if people were promoted ahead of others with supposedly better skills, then it's reasonable to believe that promoted Masons were promoted at the expense of non-Masons, including Catholics. And vice versa.

Whether the astronauts were able to pull similar stunts I don't know.

Just another thing, LionKing: look at the first day cover again and see the dates he reached his "Degrees": 1955 and 1956 - not only before he was an astronaut but before the first satellite was launched. In other words, Aldrin wasn't a "high-ranking" person at the time. People didn't join the Masons because they already were high-ranking; they joined it when they were low-ranking in the hope it would help them become high-ranking.

This is what i actually meant. They are getting power from there. Why not join the catholics? Bcz politicians or to be politicians and to be high ranking people know how much controlling and powerful such an organization is. This confirms the "rumors" about their control of affairs or serves to highten its likelihood.
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 12:29:17 PM »
My grandfather was a Mason.  He was also a member of the Lions Club and the Kiwanis.  Want to tell me some conspiracies about them?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 12:58:56 PM »
A pub I used to frequent as a young man hosted in its upstairs room the "Royal Antediluvian Order of the Buffalo". I believe you had to be nominated to join. No doubt there were silly deeds to be done as initiation ceremonies. Really it was just a drinking club for old boys.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 09:30:22 PM »
That one about only drinking with your left hand, because if somebody in the room shouted "Buffalo" while you were raising your glass with your right, you'd have to buy everybody in the room a drink?
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 02:13:08 AM »
A pub I used to frequent as a young man hosted in its upstairs room the "Royal Antediluvian Order of the Buffalo". I believe you had to be nominated to join. No doubt there were silly deeds to be done as initiation ceremonies. Really it was just a drinking club for old boys.

I’m a buff, but not active anymore, it was a drinking club and a means of raising charitable funds.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 05:42:03 AM »
But freemasonry's people are not lay people. They are presidents and academics, financial persons and police, all helped to reach such positions. It will be naive to think all this is done without a plan to control.
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2018, 07:39:23 AM »
But freemasonry's people are not lay people. They are presidents and academics, financial persons and police, all helped to reach such positions. It will be naive to think all this is done without a plan to control.

There are plenty of lay people who are Masons. I know a few myself. There are plenty of academics, presidents, police and financiers who are not masons. The presence of a few prominent individuals in the group is no more suspect than any other group. It is not naive to think there is no plan of control, it is paranoid to assume there is. Helping others in your club get into high positions is not an indication of anything other than a desire to help individuals succeed. Why assume a wider purpose than individual gain?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain