Author Topic: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation  (Read 83457 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »
A horse walks into a bar, and the bar server says 'Hi, but what's with the long face?'

A white horse walks into a bar.

The barman says: "Hi, what'll you have?"

The horse says: "Whisky, and make it a double"

The barman asks: "What brand of whisky would you like?"

The horse asks: "What brands have you got?"

The barman says: "Well, we've got Glenfiddich, and Balvenie, and Aberlour, and we've even got one named after you!!

The horse exclaims: What, you have a whisky called "Neddy"?!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
I want to see those plans which are allegedly hidden away on microfilm and allegedly available to engineers and researchers for scrutiny. Where are the testimonies from these engineers saying “yep, that’d work”

What, like modern day engineers examining the F-1 engines to see how they worked, even going so far as to test fire one?

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/146829-nasa-resurrects-its-most-powerful-rocket-engine-after-40-years-for-science

https://arstechnica.com/science/2013/04/how-nasa-brought-the-monstrous-f-1-moon-rocket-back-to-life/

Like examining the spacecraft hardware to aid in designing the modern day equivalent?

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/constellation/orion/umbilical_inspection.html

Like modern applications that are directly linked to Apollo?

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2525898/app-development/nasa-s-apollo-technology-has-changed-history.html

RTGs. FBW. The list goes on and on. Just because you are willfully ignorant, it doesn't mean that others have to be.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »
I'm interested in cambo's approach to this.

His reasoning appears to be that his self admitted lack of intelligence and any kind of a higher education makes him superior to us because he is unencumbered by all that "useless" knowledge and understanding stuff, and this allows him to see right through all that annoying science to the obvious hoax that lies beyond.

With this kind of thinking, its a minor miracle that the human species has managed to survive this long.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2018, 11:21:23 PM »
Just like the Vikings sent monkeys off in longboats to see if it was possible to sail a small boat from Iceland to Vinland. Yeah. They waited for those monkeys to return with the good news.

(I can't remember how they acquired monkeys in first millennia Iceland, maybe someone else here knows.)

A more literally than usual "if I ran the zoo" argument.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2018, 01:26:30 AM »
(A reply to an old post; apologies for any lack of current relevance.)
“surely you can't mean that nothing should be tried by humans until it's been previously tried by humans?”

Of course not, monkey then humans.
Just like the Vikings sent monkeys off in longboats to see if it was possible to sail a small boat from Iceland to Vinland. Yeah. They waited for those monkeys to return with the good news.

(I can't remember how they acquired monkeys in first millennia Iceland, maybe someone else here knows.)

I wonder if Queen Isabella of Castile sent monkeys out to see if it was safe before allowing Columbus to go look for the New World?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 01:28:30 AM by smartcooky »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2018, 05:41:55 AM »
His reasoning appears to be that his self admitted lack of intelligence and any kind of a higher education makes him superior to us because he is unencumbered by all that "useless" knowledge and understanding stuff, and this allows him to see right through all that annoying science to the obvious hoax that lies beyond.

Isaac Asimov summed it thus:
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2018, 05:49:56 AM »
I wonder if Queen Isabella of Castile sent monkeys out to see if it was safe before allowing Columbus to go look for the New World? a new route to the Indies?
Fixed that for you.

Fred
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2018, 06:08:48 AM »
I wonder if Queen Isabella of Castile sent monkeys out to see if it was safe before allowing Columbus to go look for the New World? a new route to the Indies?
Fixed that for you.

Fred

Ah yes of course,  my bad. He discovered the New World when he was looking for that new route.

Still no monkeys though!

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2018, 06:10:13 AM »

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "

I knew I had read that somewhere... so cambo's approach is not so new after all!

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2018, 06:28:56 AM »

I knew I had read that somewhere... so cambo's approach is not so new after all!

DakDak (remember him?) also tried it. It didn't end well for him.
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=164
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2018, 11:52:30 AM »
Fixed that for you.

Fred

Ah yes of course,  my bad. He discovered the New World when he was looking for that new route.

Still no monkeys though!

Well, see? That's what comes of not using monkeys in the first place!

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »

I never found it new. Just...balder.

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »
“I see nothing in that statement that speaks to your ability to interpret blueprints. Try again.”

I couldn’t possibly answer that question until I saw them. I know what the plans are for and what these contraptions are meant to do, so who knows, I may be capable of proving to myself that at least the Rover could possibly fold up inside the Landers trunk and then unfold into a functional moon buggy.

“So how many engines would satisfy you? Why do you need more than one as evidence?”

“Pity they couldn’t be arsed looking for the rest of it, because that where it’ll be.”

You will notice, I said “the rest of it” and not “the rest of them”. I was referring to the rest of the rocket, including the bits, they say they got into space.

“I also found the flashlight trick amusing, it’s a pity they never spun one of those food bags in mid “air”, although it wouldn’t be as easy without the aid of CGI.”

“Exactly what was the state of the art in CGI in 1969?”

It was non-existent, why do you ask?

You people are really annoying me now, I feel like I am talking to children here, can’t you digest a simple sentence without getting it totally wrong? The words “without the aid of CGI.” Should have gave you a clue, but because the initials “CGI” are in uppercase, that is all you noticed, and you went straight to your keyboard to ask your ridiculous question.

“I don't think Cambo actually understands the meaning of the word "extort"

“And where, pray tell, has all this "extorted" tax money gone?  How many NASA employees have holiday homes in the Bahamas, and drive Ferraris?”

“Only the ones that were in on it.”

I was answering the second part of your question, not the first part. Again, this inability you have to digest information is annoying. Or maybe you think you are being clever, twisting people’s words?

“he could not find the little ladder to debunk himself each morning to eat his coco pops, let alone debunk anyone else. I felt that was quite spontaneous.”

Well done! Sorry I didn’t give you the credit you so richly deserve, when you first said it.

“Just like the Vikings sent monkeys off in longboats to see if it was possible to sail a small boat from Iceland to Vinland."

Monkeys can’t sail boats, and I am laughing already, at the thought of you all searching the internet for a picture of a monkey sailing a boat, my wife nearly phoned an ambulance, as she feared my spleen would explode. I don’t think they had remote control either, which renders your analogy complete crap.

Dig this, if you haven't already:
http://www.arrl.org/eavesdropping-on-apollo-11

Thanks so much for posting that story, I’ve read it before, but I enjoyed reading it again, so thanks again.

“What, like modern day engineers examining the F-1 engines to see how they worked, even going so far as to test fire one?”

As I’ve previously stated, those bits worked.

Like modern applications that are directly linked to Apollo?

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2525898/app-development/nasa-s-apollo-technology-has-changed-history.html

So you think electronics would not be as advanced, if not for Apollo?

"Without it, you wouldn't have a laptop. You'd still have things like the Univac."

That’s priceless! Go NASA!

“this allows him to see right through all that annoying science to the obvious hoax that lies beyond”

No science is needed to realise it would be suicide to try and land on the moon, in a cardboard box that was never landed anywhere, let alone the moon.

No science is needed to spot blue sky and clouds through a window, when Apollo 11 was supposedly half way to the moon.

It doesn’t take a psychiatrist to find it odd, how calm they sound when their lives are at risk, as apposed to how terrified they look and sound, while being interviewed.

There is no scientific explanation as to why there is no noticeable disturbance under the Landers from their thruster. Anyone who says otherwise are either lying or brainwashed.

Science can’t explain why no country has sent people beyond the safety of Earth orbit since Apollo.

I don’t need science to wonder why an astronaut who supposedly walked on the moon, would not know about the radiation belts, the lying little sod.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »

Quote from: AtomicDog
“I see nothing in that statement that speaks to your ability to interpret blueprints. Try again.”

Quote from: cambo
I couldn’t possibly answer that question until I saw them. I know what the plans are for and what these contraptions are meant to do, so who knows, I may be capable of proving to myself that at least the Rover could possibly fold up inside the Landers trunk and then unfold into a functional moon buggy.

Oh, is that all? Here you go:

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/vintage-space/lunar-rover-designing-and-unpacking-car-moon

And here's the LRV deployment in action:

I keed, I keed! I know that you are going to deny the evidence of your own eyes like a good HB; I just wanted an excuse to post that fantastic video again.

Quote from: cambo
You will notice, I said “the rest of it” and not “the rest of them”. I was referring to the rest of the rocket, including the bits, they say they got into space.

I already said that there are intact flight Saturn Vs in Alabama and Florida. The first stages that splashed in the Atlantic were kind of crunched; hitting the water at 300 mph will kind of do that to a rocket. The engines were the only thing worth salvaging. But since intact rockets aren't good enough for you, I doubt that an F-1 engine whose serial numbers prove its provenance to the vehicle and mission it came from will.

"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »
If it should have been disturbed as much as you say, cambo, with all the other details in place as part of set dressing, why didn't they . . . oh, make it like that?
By the way, there is evidence of some disturbance. They even intentionally took pictures of under the LM descend stage to record it, as linked.
Now why the hell would the hoax creators take the time to make such photos, let alone present them to the public, while not making it how everyone who knew anything knew it would be?