Author Topic: Visiting Kennedy Space Center  (Read 1950 times)

Offline ApolloEnthusiast

• Venus
Visiting Kennedy Space Center
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:21:06 AM »
I'm excited to be making my first pilgrimage to Kennedy Space Center during the anniversary week this July.  I'm a little disappointed that the only major special event there is a gala that is not priced to include people like me.

I just wanted to pick the brains of anyone here who has been to see if there are any experiences I should enjoy while I'm there or any additional events that anyone may know of during that week that are more for a working class person.

I'm intending to see the visitor center over several days and taking all of the tours that are available on site.  Just checking to see if anyone has awareness of hidden gems that may be off the beaten path or not publicized as well.

Thanks!

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Visiting Kennedy Space Center
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »
Do the launch site tour...the Apollo1 stand remains always brings a lump to the throat.
 The obsolete tech in the Mercury blockhouse is pretty special too.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov