Author Topic: Where Are The Hoaxers?  (Read 13346 times)

Offline HyperOreo

• Mercury
Where Are The Hoaxers?
« on: March 12, 2018, 01:17:57 AM »
I registered on this site to have some fun debates, but after carousing through the threads there don't appear to be any hoaxers around.

Offline chuckey_69

• Mercury
Re: Where Are The Hoaxers?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 02:02:10 AM »
they have all been banned for making compelling arguments that the regulars could not debunk.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 03:16:10 AM »
I registered on this site to have some fun debates, but after carousing through the threads there don't appear to be any hoaxers around.
The 'heyday' of the Apollo Hoax conspiracy theory is over, and most, most that is (see above), that remain know to keep their echo chambers where they can control the conversation, like Youtube, where not only can they delete comments and ban user, but they can also make false DMCA take down claims to get debunking videos and whole accounts deleted.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 06:25:51 AM »
they have all been banned for making compelling arguments that the regulars could not debunk.

Compelling argument that Apollo was hoaxed? Sound like an oxymoron... with the emphasis on "moron".
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 08:45:20 AM »

All of the ones that have been banned since my joining is due to socks, subjects that are beyond reasonability (Holocaust for example) or inappropriate posts.

If you believe otherwise show us your RESEARCH.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 09:57:36 AM »

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 12:33:48 PM »
I also honestly believe hoax belief itself is fading.  I read a book about conspiracism a few years ago that didn't even mention it.  And it wasn't just the age of the conspiracy, either, because there was a bit about anti-Stratfordianism, which is a wee bit older . . . and has similar levels of evidence, of course.  But Derek Jacobi is an anti-Stratfordian, and Ed Asner's a Truther, and Jim Carrey's an anti-vaxxer.  You'll even hear the occasional flat Earth garbage.  Who can you name who's an HB?  I grant you that there's more to a conspiracy than "celebrities believe in it," but it may be true that not having a celebrity who believes in it is a sign that a conspiracy is on its way out.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »

For example...?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:56:23 PM by LunarOrbit »
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »
Web sites dedicated to the Apollo hoax are for the old and unhip.  The real action is on YouTube.

My God, YouTube.  The most incoherent, batshit crazy HB on this site is like William Effing Buckley compared to the HBs on YouTube. 

Also, the Apollo missions are on the cusp of fading from living memory.  The youngest people who can realistically claim to remember seeing the Apollo landings live on TV are in their 50s.  Half of the Apollo astronauts are dead, the rest are in their 80s.  Same for the most ardent Apollo hoax proponents. 

There are so many new CTs to choose from these days - 9/11, chemtrails, NWO, vaccines, child sex slaves on Mars, etc., that hoax claims about Apollo are a bit passé.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »

You registered three years ago and this is your first post? How about introducing yourself?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline chuckey_69

• Mercury
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »
For example...?

Challenge accepted.

The "Compelling" works of DakDak and Margamatrix (Not sure if thats to correct spelling and wasnt he/she from to old forum)

these two come to mind. Both banned (At least DakDak is on this forum). Along with others they provided me with hours of entertainment.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 11:46:45 PM »
For example...?

Challenge accepted.

The "Compelling" works of DakDak and Margamatrix (Not sure if thats to correct spelling and wasnt he/she from to old forum)

these two come to mind. Both banned (At least DakDak is on this forum). Along with others they provided me with hours of entertainment.

Margamatix was banned for posting graphic images of someone that had been executed in an electric chair. That was not just a violation of this forums internal rules, but also a violation of the ProBoards Terms of Service that we were required to abide by at the time. Had I not banned him, ProBoards could have shut down the forum. He then repeated his offense by using a sock puppet account to post images of Saddam Hussein after his execution.

Margamatix was not interested in discussing the Apollo hoax theory. He simply wanted to push the limits of my tolerance so that he could brag to his friends that I banned him.

Source: http://apollohoax.proboards.com/post/37313/thread

DAKDAK was banned for deleting all of his posts, which I consider vandalism because it changes the context of the topics he participated in. So let me be clear: he deleted his posts and then ran away like a coward. I did not censor him. I wish I could tell you something about the substance of his arguments, but considering he didn't want people to read his posts I can only assume he was embarrassed by how badly he failed.

Source: http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=109.msg3096#msg3096

So I'm sorry if I spoiled your hours of entertainment, but this forum has standards that those two losers couldn't meet.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 12:16:45 AM »

You registered three years ago and this is your first post? How about introducing yourself?

Sleeper account.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline chuckey_69

• Mercury
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 01:27:31 AM »
For example...?

Challenge accepted.

Margamatix was banned for posting graphic images of someone that had been executed in an electric chair. That was not just a violation of this forums internal rules, but also a violation of the ProBoards Terms of Service that we were required to abide by at the time. Had I not banned him, ProBoards could have shut down the forum. He then repeated his offense by using a sock puppet account to post images of Saddam Hussein after his execution.

Margamatix was not interested in discussing the Apollo hoax theory. He simply wanted to push the limits of my tolerance so that he could brag to his friends that I banned him.

Source: http://apollohoax.proboards.com/post/37313/thread

DAKDAK was banned for deleting all of his posts, which I consider vandalism because it changes the context of the topics he participated in. So let me be clear: he deleted his posts and then ran away like a coward. I did not censor him. I wish I could tell you something about the substance of his arguments, but considering he didn't want people to read his posts I can only assume he was embarrassed by how badly he failed.

Source: http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=109.msg3096#msg3096

So I'm sorry if I spoiled your hours of entertainment, but this forum has standards that those two losers couldn't meet.

Ok, My bad I had forgotten about the obscenities posted by Margamatix. I certainly don't condone that sort of posting and is highly offensive. Unfortunately for me he was one that stood out from memory, I think I know why now.

As a long time lurker of this forum, I can assure you that I have not seen and doubt that there will ever be a “compelling” argument put forward regarding any moon landing hoax. Pure and simple because if for whatever reason you had to fake a moon landing you would not, could not, fake it the way it was done. Perhaps not at all.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:31:37 AM by chuckey_69 »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 04:39:26 AM »

The "Compelling" works of DakDak

DakDak's posts were only compelling in one aspect- they were an admirable demonstration of what happens when someone fails in education and then relies on YouTube to form their worldviews.

Along with others they provided me with hours of entertainment.
I don't doubt that. They were the mental equivalent of rubber-necking a car-crash or looking at a dumpster fire. I felt sorry for DakDak as his worldview was so wacky and so easily shattered that his inevitable implosion was guaranteed. It may have provided "entertainment", but as far as adding anything to the world's corpus of knowledge then they were sadly lacking.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov