Author Topic: Solar filter for camcorder  (Read 6896 times)

Offline Ranb

• Mars
Re: Solar filter for camcorder
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
Nice video, an awesome site in person no doubt.
I cannot over stress how lame the video is compared to actually being here.  I've watched videos of eclipses before, not one of them was convincing enough to actually take the trouble to travel to view an eclipse.  But after viewing this on in Oregon, I know it well worth the trip.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
Traveled up to South Carolina from Orlando for the eclipse, conditions were overcast but still a great experience. The trip was worth it if only to spend some hours chatting to astrobrant2 the handsome chap on the right of the photo. The dog was photoshopped on the image by NASA whistleblowers.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:00:44 AM by Bryanpoprobson »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 12:02:51 PM »
Traveled up to South Carolina from Orlando for the eclipse, conditions were overcast but still a great experience. The trip was worth it if only to spend some hours chatting to astrobrant2 the handsome chap on the right of the photo. The dog was photoshopped on the image by NASA whistleblowers.

There seems to be a problem with the image:

The webpage at https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/08/23/IMG_0194.jpg might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 01:49:04 PM »
Nice video, an awesome site in person no doubt.
I cannot over stress how lame the video is compared to actually being here.  I've watched videos of eclipses before, not one of them was convincing enough to actually take the trouble to travel to view an eclipse.  But after viewing this on in Oregon, I know it well worth the trip.
Agreed!  This was my first total eclipse, and was well worth the long trip from Scotland to see it.  We found a nice quiet location not far from Casper, Wyoming (after intending to go to a big organised event, and taking a wrong turn  :) ) and it was really an amazing experience.

Now I'm planning to go and see more...
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb