Author Topic: Mythbusters  (Read 24134 times)

Offline Dinorupe

• Mercury
Re: Mythbusters
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 05:24:38 AM »
Its a really good episide of the show!

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
Its a really good episide of the show!
Yes it is. Forum member JayUtah (owner of the Moonbase Clavius Apollo hoax debunking site) was a consultant for that episode.
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 04:35:59 PM »
Unfortunately (for me) I have not seen this. Only terrestrial TV so we only get a few old episodes repeated ad nauseam (Quest TV in the UK). I would rather watch them on the TV than on line (if they are available on line, not looked).

Well, if you change your mind (and if the link works where you are), here it is:
http://mythbustersresults.com/nasa-moon-landing

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »
That particular episode is not available on Netflix in the U.S. but it is on Amazon Prime. :)
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »

In this Youtube clip of Mythbusters, the presenter states "You can tell it's Neil because he has the red command stripe". The red command stripe was first worn on the moon by Al Shepard, although it should have been Jim Lovell.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 10:28:06 PM by LunarOrbit »
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »
Unfortunately (for me) I have not seen this. Only terrestrial TV so we only get a few old episodes repeated ad nauseam (Quest TV in the UK). I would rather watch them on the TV than on line (if they are available on line, not looked).

Well, if you change your mind (and if the link works where you are), here it is:
http://mythbustersresults.com/nasa-moon-landing

Cheers. Just a bit old fashioned, rather put me feet up in front of the telly rather than a laptop. Might give it whirl though seeing as I keep missing them.

Edit. Just bought a new disc thingamabob that has netflix and youtube...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:52:44 PM by Tedward »

Offline mikejohnson

• Mercury
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »
mythbusters did a good job on this , but they used a lot of nasa based help,i think to really prove the truth it has to come other sources

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »
mythbusters did a good job on this , but they used a lot of nasa based help,i think to really prove the truth it has to come other sources

Oh, you mean like engineers with experience in the aerospace industry, like Jay Windley, or astronomers who have debunked this hoax nonsense for years, like Phil Plait?

Oh, wait both of them were involved with the Mythbusters episode.

I'm curious..please give examples of other "sources" you think would be better suited to tell the "truth".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:33:16 PM by RAF »

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »

Why? Would the results from the vacuum chamber tests be any different if they used someone else's chamber? Would their tests aboard the "vomit comet" be different if they used someone else's plane?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:33 PM »
How about Bart Sibrel?...he's a pretty "stand up guy"...that is until Buzz knocked him on his can for calling him a liar, a coward, and a thief.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 11:22:36 PM »
The "proof" needs to come from anyone that says the missions were faked.  Your claim, your proof.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:38 AM »
Actually, they did much of the work without NASA, including  the photographs of shadows, the visit to the lunar laser ranging telescope, and the tests of slow motion and wire supports. Even the 1/6g airplane rides were provided by a commercial company, not NASA's famous 'vomit comet'.

They did use a NASA vacuum chamber to recreate a bootprint and to see how a flag swings without air. But unless you're arguing that NASA centers have a magic reality distortion field that causes their vacuum to behave differently than elsewhere, this doesn't do much for your argument.

Offline mikejohnson

• Mercury
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
well if they used some nasa stuff and got their own results i guess thats ok,  i thought the lazer shooting to the moon , bouncing off the mirror was all nasa,  i havent seen the episode for since it was first on. 

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »
i thought the lazer shooting to the moon , bouncing off the mirror was all nasa,  i havent seen the episode for since it was first on.

I think that was McDonald Observatory, which is affiliated with the University of Texas.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
well if they used some nasa stuff and got their own results i guess thats ok,  i thought the lazer shooting to the moon , bouncing off the mirror was all nasa,  i havent seen the episode for since it was first on. 
Are pulling all your criticisms out of your ass, or just this one.