Author Topic: Trump will win?  (Read 62728 times)

Offline gwiz

• Mars
Re: Trump will win?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 10:17:53 AM »
Where would he be if he didn't inherit his father's $billions?
Didn't someone work out that he'd be richer still if he'd just put his inheritance in a nice safe investment account rather than use it to finance his business?
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »
Given how many of his ventures fail, it's obvious.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »
Probably in a bar somewhere, starting fights.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 09:35:27 PM »

LOL! Oh, I like, I like!

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »
Hell, it's possible he might have been a better person if he hadn't been raised to expect so much from the world.  He just takes it so personally when things don't go his way, instead of being aware that it'll happen now and again.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 09:11:07 AM »
OK, so you Americans out there, please listen up.

On November 8 of this year, y'all will be sitting a very important intelligence test. Please don't fail it... the rest of the free world is counting on you!!! 
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 09:57:24 AM »
I wonder if anyone outside of the US believes Trump would make a good President?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Luckmeister

• Venus
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »
I wonder if anyone outside of the US believes Trump would make a good President?

I am disgusted but not surprised that anyone within the US believes Trump would make a good president.
"There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. … There is much you have to learn. … Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 09:23:08 PM »
I cant believe anyone thinks EITHER of them would make a good President, party or ideological affiliation bedamned.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 10:25:14 PM »
I cant believe anyone thinks EITHER of them would make a good President, party or ideological affiliation bedamned.
True, but there's still a difference. One is bad but the other is far worse. As somebody said, an extinction-level event.

I see politics as something like the second law of thermodynamics. The entropy of the universe can never decrease, but we can control the rate at which it increases.

In fact, humans are so good at increasing entropy that one could argue that our evolution (or the evolution of a species like us) was strongly favored by thermodynamics itself.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:34:34 PM by ka9q »

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »

LOL! Oh, I like, I like!
Thank you. I do take credit for that one.

I really do believe there are many, many men just like Donald Trump; how else could he become the nominee? The only thing that put him on a different path in life was his daddy's money. And as others have pointed out, he could have done better by putting it all in an unmanaged index fund. That also would have avoided four big bankruptcies.

Offline Luther

• Venus
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2016, 12:07:06 AM »

On November 8 of this year, y'all will be sitting a very important intelligence test.

I'm not sure what conclusion we draw regarding someone's intelligence based on their choice between Hitler and Stalin.

Please don't fail it... the rest of the free world is counting on you!!!

The "rest" of the free world?  Are you implying that the United States is part of the free world?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 12:46:06 AM »

Well, one of them is supportive of giving money to science, has consistently called for greater access to health care for the poor, and wants to get corporate money out of elections.  She's not perfect, but yes, I think she's going to make a fine President.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 01:27:28 AM »

On November 8 of this year, y'all will be sitting a very important intelligence test.

I'm not sure what conclusion we draw regarding someone's intelligence based on their choice between Hitler and Stalin.

Please don't fail it... the rest of the free world is counting on you!!!

The "rest" of the free world?  Are you implying that the United States is part of the free world?
You just had to go and Godwin the thread, didn't you? >:( ;)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
So I'm doing well on the 50 states quiz. It's really hard because the countdown of points is so quick. You really need to have a fast finger and quick recall and/or deduction* to get the 1300 points needed to unlock the next level.  On one I got 1776, which I thought was neat.

*By deduction, I mean the flag and seal levels. I didn't know many flags before going in. Texas because of their different identity priorities. Alaska because it has the big dipper to reflect its polar position. Hawaii because it makes it look like a British Overseas Territory. Colorado because it has a big C and I watch lots of South Park. Florida because it is sort of Spanish. California because I remember the video by CGP Grey when he said it was hideous and it has a distinctive bear. So for the others I had to deduce. If it has imagery of coastline, I look for the coastal states. If it has Confederate allusions that narrows it down to the Southern states. Many have a date on them, which helps because I have a general idea of the admission history including knowing 1912 was when Arizona and New Mexico were admitted completing Manifest Destiny. A number of the flags and seals only referencing 1776 are more likely to be one of the original 13.