Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 460966 times)

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
Why do it on the ground, when it can be done in orbit? Or is it your assertion that the ISS, MIR, Skylab did not happen?

As Jay pointed out, this guy has been at it for years. He has stated numerous times that the ISS and all the Shuttle eva's are all faked. When it's pointed out to him that the ISS can be seen by eye, he just brushes if off with the ridiculous claim it's nothing more then an uninhabited inflatable.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 02:10:18 PM »
Schweikart testing the suit and PLSS in LEO

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 02:43:52 PM »
I see you've been banging this same drum since at least 2011, and you've already been provided with the evidence of suit testing many times over.  You simply refuse to accept it.
Try 2008
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1B2DMX4O95EQH/ref=cm_cd_pg_prev?ie=UTF8&asin=075662858X&cdForum=Fx2B4PDRF5MYYAO&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1NBQTDQ8WTG0M&store=books#wasThisHelpful

and from the replies it is clear he had prior form.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 02:51:35 PM »
Why do it on the ground, when it can be done in orbit? Or is it your assertion that the ISS, MIR, Skylab did not happen?

As Jay pointed out, this guy has been at it for years. He has stated numerous times that the ISS and all the Shuttle eva's are all faked. When it's pointed out to him that the ISS can be seen by eye, he just brushes if off with the ridiculous claim it's nothing more then an uninhabited inflatable.
That would be quite a feat in itself, sending up and inflating such a large, complex structure in orbit. Who built this alleged structure, Neil Baker? Who were the engineers and scientists involved? Can you name even one?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »
Try 2008
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1B2DMX4O95EQH/ref=cm_cd_pg_prev?ie=UTF8&asin=075662858X&cdForum=Fx2B4PDRF5MYYAO&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1NBQTDQ8WTG0M&store=books#wasThisHelpful

and from the replies it is clear he had prior form.
Why is that CT's always refer to their "critical thinking" when they don't realize the true meaning?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
Yes, he can be a pretty persistent fella:
http://www.independent.com/news/2013/dec/12/former-ucsb-employee-neil-baker-sentenced-probatio/

from 2010
https://edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?nid=27193&showcomments=T

So Neil. Do you think this type of behavior is justified?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:11:41 PM by mako88sb »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 03:51:58 PM »
Good Heavens!! I have a wee sleep and next thing, there's a three-pager

The OP certainly contains the Big Three of Hoax Belief; argument from assertion, argument from incredulity, argument from ignorance.

Mr Baker...

"I don't understand, therefore it didn't happen"
"I didn't see it therefore it didn't happen"

... are not valid arguments.

Apollo and the entire Space Programme are established facts, verifiable with mountains of documentation (most of which is available to the public), tens of thousands of hours of film and video and hundreds of thousands of images (all of which NASA freely shares with the public world-wide) and millions of eye witnesses, including hundreds of thousands of people who experience(d) it in person. 533 people from 46 different countries have reached Earth orbit, They have spent over 29,000 person-days (a cumulative total of over 77 years) in space including over 2400 person-hours of spacewalks. And you think they are all lying?

If YOU think it was/is all faked YOU have to prove that assertion.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:53:36 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 03:55:37 PM »
Good Heavens!! I have a wee sleep and next thing, there's a three-pager

That will teach you to sleep!!
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 04:27:07 PM »
Very disappointing.

The most disappointing are the ones asserting that the information I seek has been presented and yet I don't see any spacesuits being tested in vacuum chambers.
It's very odd. If NASA went to all of that trouble to manufacture fake video and photos of spacewalks and moonwalks, why didn't they manufacture fake video of spacesuits being tested in vacuum chambers?
Why release video of spacesuits in swimming pools but none in vacuum chambers?
Why did MythBusters acquire access to a NASA spacesuit and show a vacuum chamber but fail to enter the chamber wearing the suit?
It's been said that criminals want to be caught. Leaving this particular anomaly available for consideration seems very sloppy. I wonder what the NASA folks are thinking. I'm suspect some are here reading this. What's up?

And so many posts as expected want, so quickly, to get metaphysical. I don't expect anyone to believe me alone. I suggest three independent witnesses, two of whom have national gravitas, one General forced into retirement for revealing abuses at Abu Ghraib and the other Admiral forced into retirement for shutting down George W Bush's aspirations to attack Iran. And then me, the person that pointed out the anomalies regarding the spacesuit ice sublimators. They got Capone on tax evasion.

Whether you like it or not, the anomaly has been described. The NASA spacesuits are allegedly used and tested but no scientific validation exists that they are. The good news is that we're just a  simple demonstration away from the scientifically validated TRUTH. The Scientific Method is a wonderful thing. Now, if only we can get NASA to be scientifically accountable. By the way, I hope my suspicions are wrong. I hope we went to the moon and all the rest. But I seriously doubt it.

Raul Blanco is allegedly in charge of NASA spacesuit testing at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. I've chatted with him. He once promised video and photos but reneged. You can Google his number. He works for you. Holding him accountable is not inappropriate.

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
So how do you think people would survive hurricanes and typhoons with this proposal of yours. Just going to block them like waves as you suggest?

http://web.archive.org/web/20031224132630/www.oceanchinampa.com/

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
... I don't see any spacesuits being tested in vacuum chambers.

That's funny.  I did.

It's very odd. If NASA went to all of that trouble to manufacture fake video and photos of spacewalks and moonwalks, why didn't they manufacture fake video of spacesuits being tested in vacuum chambers?

See, you're already calling it fake.  So what's the point of jumping through all your hoops?

Why did MythBusters acquire access to a NASA spacesuit and show a vacuum chamber but fail to enter the chamber wearing the suit?

It wasn't a functioning NASA spacesuit.  It was replica of an Apollo spacesuit used, I think, in the miniseries "From the Earth to the Moon".

And then me, the person that pointed out the anomalies regarding the spacesuit ice sublimators.

You're not new or special.  There were a lot of people before you who demonstrated a similar ignorance of the sublimators.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:44:20 PM by Bob B. »

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 04:42:15 PM »
The NASA spacesuits are allegedly used and tested but no scientific validation exists that they are. The good news is that we're just a  simple demonstration away from the scientifically validated TRUTH.

Scientific validation does not, and has never, included a staged demonstration to a complete novice. And I say that as a scientist involved in a project currently undergoing a lot of scientific validation. You cannot simply state something is so and expect it to be accepted by all.

By the way, I hope my suspicions are wrong. I hope we went to the moon and all the rest.

This is, simply, BULLSHIT. If you hoped the landings were real you'd be examining ALL the evidence, not focusing on one little detail while disregarding the entirety of the record in favour of demanding one thing that there is no actual justification for NASA ever producing.

He works for you.

Who is 'you'? You understand this is the worldwide web, right?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 04:45:25 PM »
You mean like this? Yes, it ended in almost disaster, but it shows them testing it, it shows the vacuum chamber,it even shows video from inside the vacuum chamber while it was in use, and the problem that resulted had nothing to do with the water sublimation cooling.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 05:12:56 PM »
The NASA spacesuits are allegedly used and tested but no scientific validation exists that they are.

Correction...this information of course exists you simply refuse to accept it...there is a difference.

The good news is that we're just a  simple demonstration away from the scientifically validated TRUTH.

I seriously doubt you would accept the results...which makes your statement an empty brag.

Very disappointing

I agree...although I have not heard your particular "argument" for a hoax before, it is lame on its face.

...very disappointing...

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:15:38 PM by RAF »

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »
1964 December 9 - .

Effects of radiation and vacuum on the materials of space suits - . Nation: USA. Program: Apollo. Spacecraft: A7L. Summary: Avco Corporation was under a 10-month contract amounting to $124,578 to MSC to study the effects of solar radiation and ultra-high vacuum on the materials and components of space suits. Testing would be performed in the Avco space environment chamber.

1965 November 11 - .

Apollo manned lunar mission metabolic profile test run - . Nation: USA. Program: Apollo. Spacecraft: Apollo LM; A7L; LM Electrical. A manned lunar mission metabolic profile test was run in the Hamilton Standard Division altitude chamber using the development liquid-cooled portable life support system (PLSS). The system was started at a chamber altitude of over 60,906 m (200,000 ft), and the subject adjusted the liquid bypass valve to accommodate the programmed metabolic rates which were achieved by use of a treadmill. Oxygen was supplied from an external source through the PLSS bottle and oxygen regulation system. This procedure was used because bottle qualification was not complete, so pressure was limited to 2,068 kilonewtons per sq m (300 psig). An external battery was used for power because the new batteries that were required by the change to the all-battery LEM were not yet available. The thermal transport system including the porous plate sublimator was completely self-contained in the PLSS. All systems operated within specification requirements and the test was considered an unqualified success.

1965 December 5 - .

Hamilton Standard tested Apollo life support back pack - . Nation: USA. Program: Apollo. Spacecraft: A7L. Hamilton Standard successfully tested a life-support back pack designed to meet requirements of the lunar surface suit. The system functioned as planned for more than three hours inside a vacuum chamber, while the test subject walked on a treadmill to simulate the metabolic load of an astronaut on the lunar terrain. The 29.48-kg (65-lb) portable life support system supplied oxygen, pressurized to a minimum 25,510 newtons per sq m (3.7 lbs psi), controlled its temperature and relative humidity, and circulated it through the suit and helmet. The pack pumped cooled water through the tubing of the undergarment for cooling inside the pressure suit. A canister of lithium hydroxide trapped carbon dioxide and other air contaminants to purify the oxygen for reuse.

1968 November 22 - .

Astronaut training runs with the Apollo extravehicular mobility unit - . Nation: USA. Program: Apollo. Spacecraft: A7L. In a memorandum for the record, ASPO Manager George M. Low summarized results of November 19 and 22 meetings on procedures for astronaut training runs with the Apollo extravehicular mobility unit (EMU) under simulated space conditions. The runs would be in the two vacuum test chambers of the Center's Space Environment Simulation Laboratory. MSC Director Robert R. Gilruth had attended the meetings. Training runs were always to be preceded by a run also under altitude conditions and using a gas umbilical from the life support system of the facility itself. Although connected to the crewman, the facility umbilical would not be used as a gas supply under normal test conditions. For the final training run, the astronaut would wear a complete flight-configured EMU without any other link with the facility. Although several participants objected that training runs using the EMU alone ran greater risk than normal in chamber tests, the decision to conduct the exercises using the all-up flight configuration was reaffirmed.

1969 March 6 - . 16:45 GMT - .

EVA Apollo 9-1 - . Crew: Schweickart; Scott. EVA Type: Stand-Up External Vehicular Activity. EVA Duration: 0.0319 days. Nation: USA. Related Persons: Schweickart; Scott. Program: Apollo. Class: Moon. Type: Manned lunar lander. Flight: Apollo 9. Spacecraft: Apollo LM; A7L. Summary: Tested Apollo spacesuit.

SOURCE:  http://www.astronautix.com/craft/a7l.htm