Author Topic: Machine Parts found on the Moon!  (Read 13845 times)

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
Machine Parts found on the Moon!
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:10:12 AM »
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/02files/Moon_Images_A15.html

The skeptics are going to be hard pressed to call this one a "trick of light and shadow"

The hoaxers are getting more desparate or stupid  ::)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:13:18 AM by Inanimate Carbon Rod »
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
Re: Machine Parts found on the Moon!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »
The skeptics are going to be hard pressed to call this one a "trick of light and shadow"

No but we can easily call it pareidolia.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline ipearse

• Venus
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »
.....pareidolia.

Had to Google that to find the definition - I have come across the phenomenon before, just not what it was called! Amazing the games the human mind can play.
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »
Our visual system is designed to recognize patterns.  Some of us apply a bit of rationality to mediate our perceptions while others will leap at seeing exactly what their brain is expecting. 

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:42:17 AM »
^^^^
This methinks. If I look back through my digital and film pictures I bet I can find many examples. Then zap them through jpeg and this will make it worse (better??), if that makes sense.

Looking at that link at the top, you have got to accept a lot for that to fit.

Offline DataCable

• Earth
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 06:49:09 AM »
The last one on that page displays the author's clear lack of spacial reasoning skills.  He labels the shadow of the subject in the visor reflection as the shadow of the photographer.
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 05:20:29 AM »
The last one on that page displays the author's clear lack of spacial reasoning skills.  He labels the shadow of the subject in the visor reflection as the shadow of the photographer.
Don't forget the other label on that crop, "What is This?". Maybe, just maybe it's the photographer's (Charlie Duke) reflection? ::)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:22:52 AM by BazBear »
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline mikejohnson

• Mercury
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »
there could be debrie from the luna program the russians had, they had so many failures , they probably crashed a few on the moon.  every where humans go they leave litter, such as all the landing sites have a lot of human stuff left behind.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »
Litter? Did you expect the astronauts to pack up their trash and take it back to earth with them?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »
Charlie Duke left a photograph of his family on the Moon and Alan Bean left his silver astronaut pin and Dave Scott left a Bible. I don't think it was so bad to leave "human stuff" at the landing sites.
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 01:47:55 PM »
Just think of the dissertations to be written. We wouldn't want to deprive the first generation lunar archaeologist something to study, would we?

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 09:32:46 PM »
One of the reasons for NASA's request that the Apollo 17 site remain undisturbed is that it contains many documented experiments on the effects of long exposures to the lunar environment on various materials. It was thought that "long" might be measured in a few decades...

Offline armillary

• Mercury
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
The last one was funny. "There's this thingy reflected in the astronaut's helmet that looks like another astronaut! OMG!"

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 01:20:20 PM »
The last one was funny. "There's this thingy reflected in the astronaut's helmet that looks like another astronaut! OMG!"

And since the whole thing was all filmed in a studio, I'll bet that image even looks like it is holding a camera ...
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline wensleydale

• Mercury
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
most probably they are parts for the cooker who of course is the moons only inhabitant! ;D