Author Topic: Everyday examples to use in arguing the case for Apollo  (Read 5258 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Everyday examples to use in arguing the case for Apollo
« on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
Famous as the average conspiracy theorist is for being totally unable to grasp the concept of metaphors, similes and other examples that explain the phenomena seen in videos and photographs taken during Apollo missions, sometimes they are helpful in demonstrating simple concepts.

This morning I noticed an unusual phenomenon on my shed. I could see the shadow of a shabby birdtable (resting on top of the chicken coop) reflected on the shed. This was despite the shed being on the opposite side of the sun, and should therefore have been in shadow.

You can also see my head!

The clue to the cause can be seen in the caravan (my office when working from home!) - the bright reflection of the sun on the window of my house, reflected in the caravan window.

Gegenschein anyone :D

Of course a glass window is much more reflective than the lunar surface, but reflect light the lunar surface does!

Any other good ones?

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: Everyday examples to use in arguing the case for Apollo
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
AGN Fuel posted this one on what's now the Cosmoquest forum:

Naughty shadows, not going in parallel lines!

Offline Tanalia

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:22:56 AM »
Naughty shadows, not going in parallel lines!
And obviously fake 'cause the photographer's shadow isn't in the center...   ;)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:11 PM »
And a not-too-shabby example of hotspotting around the shadow.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »
I think I've made a few observations on the old BABB. One was an example of exposure bleeding in the scene in the map room from Raiders of the Lost Ark.