Author Topic: Bart Sibrel  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Bart Sibrel
« on: January 23, 2017, 05:08:14 PM »
I'm trying to think of the name of the satirical show where Sibrel was interviewed.

All I can remember is that during the interview it was put to Sibrel that the punch by Aldrin was faked as it was clear it went 'back, and to the left.'

It's driving me potty, especially the name of the male satirist that fronted the show.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Trebor

• Earth
Re: Bart Sibrel
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:34:45 PM »
Daily Show?

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 06:12:15 PM »
I'm trying to think of the name of the satirical show where Sibrel was interviewed.

All I can remember is that during the interview it was put to Sibrel that the punch by Aldrin was faked as it was clear it went 'back, and to the left.'

It's driving me potty, especially the name of the male satirist that fronted the show.

Its so lucky I didn't see that, and even more lucky wasn't having dinner or drinking coffee at the time....
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 08:53:37 PM »
Yup, that's The Daily Show, back in its Jon Stewart incarnation.  (I like Trevor Noah fine, but I still miss Jon.  Also, I discovered Friday that, while Trevor Noah sings better than my mother, anyone who knows my mother can tell you just how much that's damning with faint praise.)
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 05:34:31 AM »

All the usual nonsense But a few shots of some righteously angered astronauts.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 07:33:57 AM »
I still love that punch to Sibrel's face.  It is too bad it didn't knock some sense into his brain.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »
I still love that punch to Sibrel's face.  It is too bad it didn't knock some sense into his brain.

At that time, Aldrin was an elderly gentleman, so he probably didn't have the horsepower available to effect any positive change.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 10:42:38 AM »

At that time, Aldrin was an elderly gentleman, so he probably didn't have the horsepower available to effect any positive change.

Watch it there, as I resemble that comment. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 03:17:33 PM »
Elderly or gentleman?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 05:35:58 PM »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »

IMO, it is best piece of video ever to be turned into a gif.

Enjoy it some more!!!

.....it never gets old!!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.