Author Topic: J Class LM Upgrades  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
J Class LM Upgrades
« on: July 25, 2018, 12:23:06 PM »
Just a query does anybody know of any PRE-flight notes or references to proposed upgrades for each of the J class missions. A hoax believer has thrown the supposition that all references to the upgraded LM's post date the Apollo's 15, 16 and 17. All the reference material that I have and can find definitely refers back to the missions and talks about what was done.
Has someone got any links to documents that refer to proposed upgrades or are these changes noted in the H class documentation? 
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Re: J Class LM Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »
I believe the Apollo 15 press kit has what you need. Specifically on page 143.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 01:01:02 PM »
A further comment:

A hoax believer has thrown the supposition that all references to the upgraded LM's post date the Apollo's 15, 16 and 17.

Hoax believers also use this claim on any material that reprints the original reports, assuming that the 'original' was actually fabricated for the more recent publication. Be prepared for said HB to assume the same for this: it didn't exist until it was created for the internet. We've heard that before....

Since the document I linked to was a press kit, it is reasonable to assume the information may have appeared in newspapers and news programmes of the time as well.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »
Cheers Jason I did think about the press kits but talked myself out of it.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »
It doesn't matter what you supply them with, they don't want to hear it anyway - the guy's already stated that if it's from NASA it's just a lie.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:30:50 PM »
It doesn't matter what you supply them with, they don't want to hear it anyway - the guy's already stated that if it's from NASA it's just a lie.

It was more for my enquiries as the data I had was post mission. There is obviously some good links around but I couldn't locate them, the ALSJ has the press packs and the H mission LM data.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 12:46:13 PM »
This is not strictly relevant, but when I opened this thread this morning, it took a minute to load.  As my computer caught up, it informed me in boldface that one of the people discussing the subject was Offline Jason Thompson.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »
This is not strictly relevant, but when I opened this thread this morning, it took a minute to load.  As my computer caught up, it informed me in boldface that one of the people discussing the subject was Offline Jason Thompson.

It says "Offline" (or "Online") as a placeholder while it loads the little white (offline) or green (online) image icon. If it is slow loading all the time, perhaps there is some trouble with the image server.

However, I find my computer does this from time to time, especially if I have just done a cleanup, and all the browser cache have been deleted.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Von_Smith

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 11:57:04 AM »

It says "Offline" (or "Online") as a placeholder while it loads the little white (offline) or green (online) image icon. If it is slow loading all the time, perhaps there is some trouble with the image server.

However, I find my computer does this from time to time, especially if I have just done a cleanup, and all the browser cache have been deleted.

It's just more fun to imagine that "Offline" is that given first name he never uses and only ever appears on his passport. 

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 05:05:09 PM »
...or he could be named Jason '}: DROP TABLE....

https://www.xkcd.com/327/

(code boggled just in case this forum doesn't sanitize, either)