Author Topic: NASA photographic record of Manned Moonlanding:Is there evidence of fabrication?  (Read 254327 times)

Offline Chief

• Venus
Jay,

I don't understand the graphs in that link at all, it's not my field. But do they represent all the activity in all directions or only the activity facing the earth?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Well yes sir, it DOES. that is IF you know what the attenuation graph...

I wasn't referring to the attenuation graph.  I was referring to your NOAA data.  I will deal with the attenuation graph in a moment, but first you need to show where you gave that answer prior to my reminding you of it.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
But do they represent all the activity in all directions or only the activity facing the earth?

The direction facing the satellite that detected them.  Solar radiation is very isotropic.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
Respect is earned.

Yes,  I agree.

So when do you intend to start earning it?

Now tell me what level of respect you have earned and how your behavior correlates with rule number one .What about Windley and the rest of his pack of wolves? Have they earned respect, or a kick to the crotch?

If you only respect people who agree with you without giving any critical thought to what you say, then you will likely not respect anyone here. Oh well. I guess you'd find more friends on YouTube.

I personally don't care if I have your respect. In fact, if I had your respect I might think I was doing something wrong. But let's be clear: I pay for this forum. If I don't like you I don't have to put up with you.

You believe the others here are violating the rules. How so? Give me some examples, please. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: disagreeing with you is not against the rules. Responding to your claims and asking you to provide proof is not against the rules. Doubting your credentials is not against the rules. Refusing to acknowledge your self-proclaimed superiority is not against the rules.

You, however, have blatantly insulted people many times. I can provide examples. But not to worry... like I said, I'm a lenient guy. I haven't held you to the rules... so far.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
The graph...

That was not the question.  You claimed you had previously answered the questions, hence I asked for a link to where the question was answered previously.  Answering it now admits you did not answer it previously.
I have caught you before editing posts and although I cannot prove it because the evidence is gone, this is typical of your approach. I certainly cannot answer questions as fast as  five or  six can fire them away without knowing the answers themselves nor even knowing what they're taking about . This is exactly why this method is used, as I pointed out before. You demand the impossible and intimidate and  denigrate your opponent. This is not the actions of man secure in his abilities  and able to use them effectively. T

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
Jay,

I don't understand the graphs in that link at all, it's not my field. But do they represent all the activity in all directions or only the activity facing the earth?

The radiation detected by those graphs almost all originates from a single direction and point, the Sun. However, there have been many instances of elevated proton flux of high energy levels (velocity in the case of particles) that was not related with solar activity or emissions, but cosmic in nature..

Offline Chief

• Venus
But do they represent all the activity in all directions or only the activity facing the earth?

The direction facing the satellite that detected them.  Solar radiation is very isotropic.

Well that makes sense, thanks. I don't know what relevance that link has though.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guruâ„¢
    • Rocket & Space Technology
Yesterday...

I suppose I am still posting because other people are. I am satisfied that I achieved my objective and recommenced unless you have intentions of altering your position you simply close the thread to additional posting. I'm not going to respond to it any longer. If you like I will continue to author other threads proving other claims using the scientific method, but I insist on the same latitude you give yoursleves in doing so.

Today...

My personal experience with critiquing these photos and videos is that the longer you critically analyze them, the more errors you discover and the less real they begin to appear.  The excuses you will make for each of these inconsistencies will build like evidence in a criminal trial, until a certain level of "beyond resolvable doubt" is achieved. I intend to reach the burden of proof "beyond a shadow of a doubt" that NASA faked the photographic record.

What happened to the scientific method, Romulus?

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
Well yes sir, it DOES. that is IF you know what the attenuation graph...

I wasn't referring to the attenuation graph.  I was referring to your NOAA data.  I will deal with the attenuation graph in a moment, but first you need to show where you gave that answer prior to my reminding you of it.

I am sure you will "deal" with it1 You have no idea what it means Mr.Windley.

What do you wish to know about the NOAA solar radiation graphs?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Chief, the x-ray flux graph is labeled misleadingly.  Particle flux is always given as the number of received particles per second, per "window" of detection, where the window is normalized to an area (typically square centimeters) and to an incoming angle.  Imagine baseballs thrown through your window.  Your window has a given area -- square feet, or what have you.  If a hooligan wants to throw a baseball through it, he'd have to stand reasonably in front of it -- i.e., within a certain solid angle.  Otherwise he'd just see the window edge-on and couldn't throw his ball through it.  The number of times he can do that per second is the flux.  Obviously it's dependent on which way your window is facing.  You can only count balls thrown from that direction.

Particle energy is like throwing a fast ball versus a softball lob.  The faster he throws it, the more likely it is to break the glass.  If he just tosses it underhand, it may just bounce off and have no adverse effect.  Nature is like a hooligan who tires after a while.  The vast majority of baseballs that fly into your window are softball lobs, which he can do until the cows come home.  Fast balls take a lot of strength, so you won't get many of them.  Similarly, in terms of electrons and protons from the sun, the vast majority of them are "slow pitch" particles.  Only a few are zingers.  So for science, it makes sense to measure the speed of the ball and keep a separate flux for lobs and fastballs.  So at some given instant, particle flux is a graph of the rate at which particles of different energies are hitting the detector, so it looks like a graph with speed (which is particle energy in electron volts) on the x-axis and the number of hits for that energy as the y-axis.

X-rays are a little difficult because x-ray photons are harder to slice up that way.  So the graph for x-ray "flux" isn't really a flux in the standard physics sense.  The GOES detectors can't differentiate very well between "soft x-ray" photons (slow-pitch photons) and "hard x-ray" photons (slow-pitch).  It really can only count how much broken glass is on the floor, so it counts up the total amount of energy in watts that's created by absorbing all the photons of all the different energies and graphs that instead.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
I have caught you before editing posts and although I cannot prove it because the evidence is gone...

So your defense is that I edited your posts in which you previously answered?  And that's why you can't now produce them as you promised?  Explain how I am able to remove your posts.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
Yesterday...

I suppose I am still posting because other people are. I am satisfied that I achieved my objective and recommenced unless you have intentions of altering your position you simply close the thread to additional posting. I'm not going to respond to it any longer. If you like I will continue to author other threads proving other claims using the scientific method, but I insist on the same latitude you give yoursleves in doing so.

Today...

My personal experience with critiquing these photos and videos is that the longer you critically analyze them, the more errors you discover and the less real they begin to appear.  The excuses you will make for each of these inconsistencies will build like evidence in a criminal trial, until a certain level of "beyond resolvable doubt" is achieved. I intend to reach the burden of proof "beyond a shadow of a doubt" that NASA faked the photographic record.

What happened to the scientific method, Romulus?

Mr.Windley and others claimed we do not use the scientific method here.  So I am adapting. Fair enough? i believe I proved that and got an admission to that effect on my other thread. or are you saying that a need to abide in  the scientific method applies only to me? If you will, SO WILL I. That would suit my interests better than you realize, since none of you are competent scientists or even understand what constitutes proof , as evidenced by your practically unintelligible caterwauling here.

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
I have caught you before editing posts and although I cannot prove it because the evidence is gone...

So your defense is that I edited your posts in which you previously answered?  And that's why you can't now produce them as you promised?  Explain how I am able to remove your posts.
No sir, you edited your own previous post. It is standard procedure, isn't it?  I believe you could do anything you want with my posts and your own. You are not dealing with a naive fool, M.Windley. I know where I am or I wouldn't be here, and this is you house, as one of your minions pointed out. I'm just letting the children out  of their cages and encouraging them to misbehave  in a manner of speaking, and you don't like it, do you?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
I am sure you will "deal" with it1 You have no idea what it means Mr.Windley.

Nonsense.  My question was to interpret the graph at the value used by Groves, and the value that occurs naturally from the sun.  You didn't interpret the graph per se -- you just suggested that it confirmed that the attenuation of aluminum was negligible at the photon energy Groves used.  Now I want you to do the same for the sun.

What do you wish to know about the NOAA solar radiation graphs?

I want to know from you at what flux solar x-rays occur for the various energies that pertain to the x-ray band.  Your graphs don't explain that.  But I want you to.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
No sir, you edited your own previous post. It is standard procedure, isn't it?

The forum allows you to edit your own posts for a short time after posting them, such as to correct formatting errors.  It does not allow you to edit anyone else's posts.

I believe you could do anything you want with my posts...

So your claim is that I erased the posts where you claimed to have answered my questions previously.  Do you have any proof that this is what happened?