Author Topic: Long Live the Revolution  (Read 6205 times)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
Long Live the Revolution
« on: October 19, 2019, 01:04:14 PM »
In our whole history, this has never happened before. That the people have stood up in ALL parts of Lebanon to call for their own political parties to step down and return the stolen money, is something unprecedented and is a light of hope that we have been dreaming of as something impossible to happen. But it happened. It is not an issue only of whatsapp tax ( a devilish idea that the government came up with), it is years and years of poverty and billions of dollars of debts, it is a compilation of corruption in all sectors and areas: pollution, electricity, the waste crisis that is not solved till now, the very high cost of hospitalization, jobless rates and migration, and increasing costs of essential goods like bread and benzine..amongst sooo many other issues.

The money they stole in billions are in Switzerland  banks..I wish the free world would return it to us. I am afraid their puppet masters (USA, KSA, Syria, Iran,Qatar..) w9n't let them go..i wish they would be pressured from their people not to interfere to save them. Prisons should open to welcome them and a new blood is needed. They start to do their crazed conspiracies, sending people to do violence so they spoil the revolution. It has been filmed how the police walk with them normal, with their men holding sticks, then they act as if they are catching them once they think the people are watching. They are bankrupt.. if i just want to go into details of   how they are ruling in corruption, I can write a book.

Now we have went into previous demonstrations, but it was people against people.. now we are all one. I hope that the Tsunami will wash all the filth and the coming days will be better..just support our cause whenever you have the chance to.

What comes after this people's wake up will not be the same as what preceded it..
As our dear Fairouz says in the song:

"They asked me what is happening the country of feast
it is planted all around with fire and guns
I told them our country is being born again
Lebanon the dignity and the stubborn people"

A new birth it is God may, Fairouz.. your songs to Lebanon one day will become true
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
Re: Long Live the Revolution
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 06:28:54 AM »
It is being circulated on fb that the washington post said the stolen money is 800 billion dollars. I doubt this and could not reach it on the net. Is anyone a regular reader of Washington Post? Did you see anything  similar? Thnx
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »
Also about recharging your cellphones: how much does it cost each time you recharge ?  How much does it cost to charge 3g? What if the recharging finished? Does the line get burnt if you do not recharge each month?thnx
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »
If by "recharge" you mean get more minutes, I'm on a month-to-month plan that costs me about $30 every time I add minutes.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
By recharge I mean units relevant to money you pay. While you speak on cellphone you start loosing them. Plus, we pay from them 10 dollars to have 3G if we are not on wifi.

If we run out of them and  we can't call, we have to recharge within 5 days or the line gets burnt. When you loose these units, does your line get burnt within days if you don't recharge?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:44:25 PM by LionKing »
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 04:49:20 PM »
By recharge I mean units relevant to money you pay. While you speak on cellphone you start loosing them. Plus, we pay from them 10 dollars to have 3G if we are not on wifi.

If we run out of them and  we can't call, we have to recharge within 5 days or the line gets burnt. When you loose these units, does your line get burnt within days if you don't recharge?

(Bolding mine) Sorry to be a pedant but this is a pet peeve of mine. You mean LOSING and LOSE.

loose
/luːs/

adjective

1. not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached. "a loose tooth"

Similar: not fixed in place; not secure; insecure; unsecured; unattached; detached; unfastened; wobbly; rickety; unsteady; movable

Opposite: secure; tight

2. (of a garment) not fitting tightly or closely.

lose
/luːz/

verb

verb: lose; 3rd person present: loses; past tense: lost; past participle: lost; gerund or present participle: losing

1. be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something). "I've lost my appetite"

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 07:18:24 AM »
Yes lose is meant. Sorry
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
I'm actually not sure how long I'd have before my phone number got reassigned.  But most people in the US with cell phones have contracts and aren't month-to-month or what have you.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 11:29:19 AM »
I'm actually not sure how long I'd have before my phone number got reassigned.  But most people in the US with cell phones have contracts and aren't month-to-month or what have you.

I see. Thnx
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 07:23:22 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157083125019440&id=24369314439

The devilish sectarian system reassured in the Taef accord after the civil war..one of the aims of the revolution is its destruction.
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline rocketman

• Mercury
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 03:21:12 PM »
It is being circulated on fb that the washington post said the stolen money is 800 billion dollars. I doubt this and could not reach it on the net. Is anyone a regular reader of Washington Post? Did you see anything  similar? Thnx

I could not find anything on the internet either, and am not a regular reader of the Washington Post.

However, Lebanon's 2017 GDP was just over $50 billion according to the World Bank, and it was much lower in the couple of decades before.  So 800 billion would be several decades worth of the entire country's GDP.  I'm not sure how corrupt things are there, but this seems rather extreme.

This article, https://time.com/5707097/lebanon-protests/, does reference "hundreds of billions", but it is sourced only as "Lebanese protestors say".

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 04:45:12 PM »

I could not find anything on the internet either, and am not a regular reader of the Washington Post.

However, Lebanon's 2017 GDP was just over $50 billion according to the World Bank, and it was much lower in the couple of decades before.  So 800 billion would be several decades worth of the entire country's GDP.  I'm not sure how corrupt things are there, but this seems rather extreme.

This article, https://time.com/5707097/lebanon-protests/, does reference "hundreds of billions", but it is sourced only as "Lebanese protestors say".

Yes, I ask because it seemed rather much to me. Plus, I read different versions of this story. Sometimes that it is thefts since the start of the state, other times that these are the total of Lebanese population money in banks around the world.. they also refer the news to the American Treasury ministry, Wall Street Journal..

The fact still remains, however, that there is a lot of corruption and wasting of money if not direct thefts.

May God help us get back that stolen money from them so we can pay the debts. Someone suggested that signing a petition for bank account transparency of politicians and submitting it to the Swiss embassy would motivate Switzerland to uncover their bank accounts because they out their money there. I am not sure if this is correct too.

Thanks for your reply!
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline rocketman

• Mercury
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 06:08:16 PM »
May God help us get back that stolen money from them so we can pay the debts. Someone suggested that signing a petition for bank account transparency of politicians and submitting it to the Swiss embassy would motivate Switzerland to uncover their bank accounts because they out their money there. I am not sure if this is correct too.

I don't think Switzerland has much bank secrecy left; they've been defeated by the Americans.

Oddly, the United States, which is working vigorously to force every country in the world to report to their own tax authorities, is also now the world's largest tax haven.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 08:42:15 AM »
We have some leaks by L'Orient Le Jour journal, but we want all the names. The revolution's slogan is kellon yaani kellon= All of them means all of them.
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 03:05:11 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/7976226799/posts/10158062395196800/

;D

It is good that people could create some fun from all the sadness..
The other stories of people crying because they are unable to get their loved ones to hospitals or getting proper medication and basic life needs were devastating...still life continues
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi