Author Topic: Xavier Pascal (“hunchedbacked”) ruins Quora.com  (Read 13159 times)

Offline BDL

• Venus
Xavier Pascal (“hunchedbacked”) ruins Quora.com
« on: July 31, 2018, 08:50:40 PM »
Xavier Pascal has gone to the question/answer site Quora.com.
Now, I know that Xavier Pascal has no valid evidence against the moon landings... but, others don’t know that. He’s turned to “answering” questions people have about the Apollo Program with nothing but his own ignorance and I find this very troubling since it seems people actually started believing him. Fortunately, however, Quora.com is also home to many NASA employees, scientists, engineers, technologists, space enthusiasts, etc. This has put him at odds with many people.
I feel that people should receive actual information about the Apollo Missions and not the poisoning nonsense hunchbacked likes to answer with. I wonder if there’s something we can do or should we just ignore him? https://www.quora.com/profile/Pascal-Xavier
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Xavier Pascal (“hunchedbacked”) ruins Quora.com
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:20:30 PM »
If he starts with his nonsense, someone will likely step and destroy him.  I know ka9q has tried in vain to turn him onto science instead of his beliefs on YT, to unavail.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 07:22:34 AM »
If he starts with his nonsense, someone will likely step and destroy him.  I know ka9q has tried in vain to turn him onto science instead of his beliefs on YT, to unavail.

I think we have spoken before bknight about pascal. even though I may struggle to debunk some his more intricate claims due my lack of knowledge he did have 1 video called Apollo 11 BullShit. the very first claim on this claimed that in 1 video Buzz Aldrin saluted the flag with his right hand even though it was perfectly obvious to anybody with eyes it was his left. obviously the phot showed his left and he was trying to claim it was different. myself and another guy called John called him out on this and all he could do was deny the obvious. I have asked a couple of questions here about his claims and they have been shown to be incorrect quite easily.

am I correct in saying there is a thread here where somebody actually got him to admit he was wrong (power in the batteries I think)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »
I'm not sure, as I've only been around here for 3 years, Abaddon, or some of the others especially ka9q, since he tried so hard to educate the man, may have more memory about such items.
Personally I believe he would never venture here, so many people could destroy him.  He is visually challenged for sure.  I haven't watched the video, but I know Buzz saluted with his right hand, being from a military back ground.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 08:25:58 PM »

I think we have spoken before bknight about pascal. even though I may struggle to debunk some his more intricate claims due my lack of knowledge he did have 1 video called Apollo 11 BullShit. the very first claim on this claimed that in 1 video Buzz Aldrin saluted the flag with his right hand even though it was perfectly obvious to anybody with eyes it was his left. obviously the phot showed his left and he was trying to claim it was different. myself and another guy called John called him out on this and all he could do was deny the obvious. I have asked a couple of questions here about his claims and they have been shown to be incorrect quite easily.

am I correct in saying there is a thread here where somebody actually got him to admit he was wrong (power in the batteries I think)

Yeah, that sounds like him. From what I’ve gathered from hunchbacked’s character, his ignorance is astoundingly vast. He also constantly uses recycled and previously debunked arguments. He’s never accepted that he’s wrong about anything, despite being proven wrong on multiple occasions.
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 08:30:08 PM »

I hope so. Unfortunately, however, that doesn’t seem to be the case. From what I’ve been able to observe, most people don’t really respond to him anymore and more and more people seem to actually believe the things he says. In fact, he’s constantly promoting his site “angelfire.com.”.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 11:44:29 PM »

I hope so. Unfortunately, however, that doesn’t seem to be the case. From what I’ve been able to observe, most people don’t really respond to him anymore and more and more people seem to actually believe the things he says. In fact, he’s constantly promoting his site “angelfire.com.”.

He owns angelfire? Really?

Surely, he only has a site hosted there?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:46:30 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 01:07:09 AM »

He owns angelfire? Really?

Surely, he only has a site hosted there?
I’m 90% sure he owns angelfire. I could be wrong though. I’ve only known he existed for about a month and a half and only knew angelfire existed since this last week.
On Quora.com he’s constantly promoting the site as “evidence” against Apollo. When he does so he sometimes says it’s his own private site. Sometimes, however, he talks about it as if he “studied” there or is merely a contributor but I think he probably does own angelfire. I think I can find some quotes from him there.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:11:53 AM by BDL »

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 02:15:12 AM »
I’m 90% sure he owns angelfire. I could be wrong though. I’ve only known he existed for about a month and a half and only knew angelfire existed since this last week.
angelfire.com goes waaay back, and was one of the early web site services on the internet.  It's owned by Lycos, who also own tripod.com, another blast from the past  :o

So if Hunchedbacked is claiming he owns angelfire, rather than just saying he has a site hosted there, he's being dishonest.
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 02:43:39 AM »
angelfire.com goes waaay back, and was one of the early web site services on the internet.  It's owned by Lycos, who also own tripod.com, another blast from the past  :o

So if Hunchedbacked is claiming he owns angelfire, rather than just saying he has a site hosted there, he's being dishonest.

That’s good to know. Is there even anything worth talking about on angelfire? I presume it’s probably not really worth talking about because it’s mostly likely debunked BS.
 But - I mean, since hunchbacked is using it as his main source of research there must be something about it? It’s hard to get a reading on hunchbacked. He’s an odd character.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:46:12 AM by BDL »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 03:16:29 AM »
That’s good to know. Is there even anything worth talking about on angelfire?
Angelfire is a web hosting service. He might have a web-page hosted there, but he doesn't own the hosting service. The service itself is host to many thousands of websites.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 06:22:36 AM »
Oh gawd. I've written a lot of stuff for Quora.com, enough to get me a nice tote bag and windbreaker. Guess it's time to jump back in.

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »
That’s good to know. Is there even anything worth talking about on angelfire?
Angelfire is a web hosting service. He might have a web-page hosted there, but he doesn't own the hosting service. The service itself is host to many thousands of websites.
Ah, that would explain it.
He was saying something about his own “private site.” I guess I got confused and thought he was claiming the entire site was his own private site. Whoops! Thanks for the information.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:59:53 AM by BDL »

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 11:06:19 AM »
Hunchbacked is merely a member there among many thousand members. It is owned by Lycos. Hunchbacked merely rents a tiny amount of space there.

I say "rents" but he is actually on the free scheme.

I will say that his site is worth a quick look if you are curious what websites looked like in the 1990s.

http :/ /www. angelfire. com/mo on2/xpa scal/Moon Hoax/Mars Curiosity/Mar sCuriosity F.HTM

(link intentionally borked. No promotion for him)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »
He posts this picture...

And claims the following...
Finally, to conclude, with an atmosphere as rarefied as that of Mars (if it exists!), The sky could not appear so clear, it should be much darker.

Duh, that is an artists impression, not a photograph, hunchbacked, you abject moron.

That is his level of thought.