Author Topic: Perhaps everything doesn't exist? Guardian lists weirdest conspiracies  (Read 10595 times)

Offline twik

• Jupiter

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
This is kind of interesting, if only in a "what won't people believe?" sort of way. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/27/jk-rowling-doesnt-exist-conspiracy-theories-internet-cant-resist
Well, I'm beginning to think I don't exist.  I'm pretty sure JKR does though...  ;D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
We're all characters in a story written by JKR.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline twik

• Jupiter

Then where is my flying broomstick, LunarOrbit? WHERE IS MY FLYING BROOMSTICK??!?

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
I guess she wrote you as a Muggle.

Offline molesworth

• Mars
That made me literally laugh out loud!  :D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
I had to look up the meaning of 'muggle' to make sure I was using it correctly. I've never read the books and I've only seen a few of the movies.

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth

Could be worse: if the Author were George RR Martin we'd all have nothing but a messy and painful death to look forward to...
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.

Offline twik

• Jupiter

Damn. I'm a Dursley?

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
There are Muggles who aren't Dursleys.  We don't know anything bad about Hermione's parents, after all.  (I have read all the books, and honestly believe there should've been two Oscar nominations for acting for Deathly Hallows Part II.)
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline twik

• Jupiter
All these years, and I just kept telling myself my Hogwarts invitation was lost in the mail...  :'(

Offline molesworth

• Mars
All these years, and I just kept telling myself my Hogwarts invitation was lost in the mail...  :'(
I blame modern house designs with no chimneys - how are you supposed to get your Hogwart's letter, or have Santa deliver your presents?  ::)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
There's an absolutely adorable sequence from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street wherein kids explain how they think Santa can deliver presents.  I'm definitely fond of the kid who says he uses his keys, and when asked what kind of keys responds with a cheerful, "Santa Claus keys!"
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates