Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
That's a cool mission patch!
While we are on the subject of mission patches, I note that you mention the original "Its a Test" patch from the first attempt to go to orbit. Interesting that you didn't link to it.

Well here it is

The "American Flag" you mention is a strange one indeed... the stars are white and the stripes are red (there are only three of them... I thought there were supposed to be 13, but I digress) are on a black background. I wonder why that is?

Further, in the centre of the patch is Rocket Lab's Logo; the same logo that is on the side of the Electron rocket

(also, note the Silver Fern at the top!)

Rocket Lab's logo is a stylized atom, the Earth is shown as the nucleus, with three electrons "in orbit". Note the country that is centred on the globe... can you guess which country that is?

I'll refer you to the mission patch, the flag for the US, but no flag, only a fern for NZ.  First launch patch had similar symbols and the actual rocket also carried a US flag.
http://www.spaceflightinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MissionPatch.png

If you knew anything at all about New Zealand (and you obviously do not) you would know that the Silver Fern IS the symbol of New Zealand, internationally recognised in all affairs except those of government. Trade, sport, retail and manufacturing all use the Silver Fern and only the Silver Fern. It is the officially registered trademark of NZ

http://www.fernmark.nzstory.govt.nz/silver-fern

You will not find the NZ flag on anything produced or made by private companies in New Zealand, except those involving the government, e.g. the military. I would have been astonished to see the New Zealand Flag on Electron as it is a private project, not a Government project (a NZ Flag would indicate it had something to do with the NZ Government)

And just to further rip the rug out from your mission patch argument I give you the SpaceX mission patch for Bulgariasat

The green, white and red of the Bulgarian Flag is prominent... must have been launched by Bulgaria, right?

Ooops... try again.

ETA: And just to address your "RocketLab is a USA company" meme

Intel, the great American Computer chip manufacturer, right? Bzzzt Wrong... based in The Republic Of Ireland.

Vauxhall, the Great British car manufacturer? No so fast... its a subsidiary of General Motors, an American Company, based in Detroit

Just because RocketLab is based in the USA does not mean that Electron is an American rocket or that the launch was American. The rocket was conceived, designed, manufactured, tested and launched in New Zealand, with New Zealand expertise, skill and engineering. It is a New Zealand Rocket by every measure that matters.
I'll refer you to the mission patch, the flag for the US, but no flag, only a fern for NZ.  First launch patch had similar symbols and the actual rocket also carried a US flag.
http://www.spaceflightinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MissionPatch.png
The Hoax Theory / Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Last post by bknight on February 19, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »
Since this video is posted by the willfully ignorant ratface, I didn't listen to it as I'm sure he butchered A13 just like he has butchered almost, if not all, that he ahs posted concerning Apollo.
The Hoax Theory / Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Last post by Bryanpoprobson on February 19, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »
I did some maths for him regarding the volume of water in relation to carrying component O2 and H in cryogenic storage, but now I can’t find my original comment or my references. 🤯🤯
However, Rocket Lab is a US company.  Von Braun and many of his team were German, but no-one claims that Explorer 1 was anything other than a US launch.  By the time they designed the Redstone, the Germans were all working for a US organisation.
But von Braun wasn't running a German subsidiary company, in postwar Germany, launching rockets from German soil.

No one is claiming an NZ launch and satellite deployment on the strength of some kiwis working in the US.
The rest of the world acknowledges that this is a NZ launch, and that we are the 11th country to launch satellites into orbit.
We'll have to see which country eventually registers it with the UN.  In the meantime, the Satellite Situation Report lists all objects from the launch, Electron stages included, as US apart from the Humanity Star payload.
However, Rocket Lab is a US company.  Von Braun and many of his team were German, but no-one claims that Explorer 1 was anything other than a US launch.  By the time they designed the Redstone, the Germans were all working for a US organisation.

The rest of the world acknowledges that this is a NZ launch, and that we are the 11th country to launch satellites into orbit.

Frankly, I just think you're just trolling me. I expect this from youtubers and at places like Godlike Productions and Above Top Secret... but I didn't expect this crap here from a regular.
The Hoax Theory / Re: Apollo Pictures
« Last post by Nowhere Man on February 18, 2018, 09:09:27 PM »
Dunno if I have the issue, but I do have the record, "Sounds of Space."  Sooner or later I'll digitize it.

Fred
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10