Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hoax Theory / Re: A hoax theory...
« Last post by bknight on October 20, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
Necro thread, I was searching for Larry Bassinger's ham set up monitoring Apollo 11 and this site came up.

https://www.thespacerace.com/forum/index.php?topic=2777.0

LO you do get around.

Ok thread back into the grave.
General Discussion / Re: The Trump Presidency
« Last post by LionKing on October 20, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »
So Trump believes that Khashoggi was killed in a fight now while all the world stands laughing at the Saudi story  :D
The Hoax Theory / Re: Yet more claims from the cutting room floor.
« Last post by apollo16uvc on October 19, 2018, 04:33:25 AM »
The fragment with astronauts in a zero-g plane, does anybody know the complete clip?
« Last post by raven on October 18, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »
Digital viewfinder on 2:48
It's that magic NASA tech they had decades ahead of time that let them do everything and anything the plot conspiracy theory requires . . . except land folks on the moon, dont'cha know?
General Discussion / Re: Astronauts Escape Malfunctioning Soyuz
« Last post by molesworth on October 18, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »
Some interview material from Nick Hague about what the experience was like :

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/16/17983682/nasa-astronaut-nick-hague-soyuz-rocket-launch-failure-experience

He makes it all sound very routine, but I'm sure, even with all the training, it was a bit of a scary moment...  :o
« Last post by apollo16uvc on October 18, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »
Given there are live video broadcasts of astronauts moving around the camera, it can not be a large 35mm film studio camera that are mostly used in the Apollo stage depictions.

A 35mm camera as usually depicted would also only be good for short takes, not the long ones we have.

Filming out in the desert would also create diffuse shadows as we see on earth, not the harsh shadows we see on the moon, and of course Apollo. usage of multiple stage lights, as usually depicted by satire, would have created multiple shadows from singular objects, something we do not see in Apollo footage.

Digital viewfinder on 2:48
« Last post by onebigmonkey on October 18, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
Looks like he got it from elsewhere, here it is again:

General Discussion / Re: First Man
« Last post by raven on October 18, 2018, 02:20:39 AM »
Armstrong never struck me as 'emotionless'. Just someone not great in front of the camera. Some people are like that. Excellent at what he did but not someone who liked the spotlight. And he had this adorable shy smile. If I was a few decades older, I would have had such a crush on him.
Still, I definitively will be seeing this, despite its faults.
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Exclusive look at Apollo 14 NASA photos
« Last post by apollo16uvc on October 16, 2018, 04:02:31 PM »
Thanks for your amazing research so far.
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Exclusive look at Apollo 14 NASA photos
« Last post by onebigmonkey on October 16, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »
Very good, I bet if the sun angle was the same in the Hycon photo it would have almost the same resolution. the LRO photo appears higher resolution than it actually is due to the greater shadows.

Is that the LRO at maximum magnification?

To be fair it is just a screenshot of the LRO quickmap at maximum zoom, rather than the image itself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10