Author Topic: Hunchback aka inquisitivemind.  (Read 125971 times)

Offline Laurel

• Earth
Re: Hunchback aka inquisitivemind.
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2012, 01:43:22 AM »
He's more interested in the picture of himself.  He's the cat Gaston.

Offline GoneToPlaid

• Mercury
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Do we actually know what the film advance time was for the Apollo version of the Hasselblad 500EL? The one without a viewfinder?

Yes. Exposure interval between frames (continuous exposure mode) was 1000 milliseconds.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
Welcome GoneToPlaid!
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline cjameshuff

• Mars
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »
I was really intrigued by that one. It certainly was a new CT to me, and its author knew a certain amount of technobabble. However, he played an excellent game of "keep away" with the actual point he was trying to make. I was rather dashed when he was banned - it was like getting to the last chapter (or what you think is the last) of a novel, only to find the pages torn out.

Solon wasn't banned, just got an infraction and his thread locked after making some really absurd demands for minute technical details of the optical systems of any instrument that actually did see stars, while once again ignoring all the posts pointing out the many errors in his arguments and introducing yet another unclear claim (he apparently found the use of vidicon tubes suspicious for whatever reason).

I don't think he was onto anything, I just wanted to know what he was going on about. Why exactly did he think the scientific community was hiding the evidence that light isn't visible in a vacuum?

Apparently it was something to do with ancient civilizations that were cutting stone blocks with gamma ray lasers. I don't think he had any sort of coherent set of ideas, just a bunch of random beliefs that he found too appealing to drop.

I've concluded that this is one telltale sign of a crank. They won't actually come right out and tell you what their point is, for fear that you'll attack it directly.

Don't forget the willful ignorance. If Solon starts another thread elsewhere, I bet he'll use the same claim that transverse waves have limited range in vacuum and starlight is plane waves, despite it having been explained in detail to him multiple times that all electromagnetic radiation in vacuum is transverse waves, and that plane waves are not a different type of wave, just waves of any sort with a particular wavefront geometry.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2012, 01:21:09 PM »
I got the impression s/he was playing a tactic I call "unraveling". In it, the CTist tries to make some apparently trivial point. Once they get people to admit that point, they expect the rest of known scientific thought will unravel from that weak spot, like pulling a thread on a knitted blanket.

I really think Solon started the thread believing people would at least admit that "seeing stars in a vacuum" was unproven. Then, s/he would have his/her "aha!" moment, claiming, "But all Apollo/relativity/nuclear physics/BB theory/evolution is based on light being visible in a vacuum. So, you must admit that they're all wrong! Bwhahahaha!"

Offline cjameshuff

• Mars
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
I got the impression s/he was playing a tactic I call "unraveling". In it, the CTist tries to make some apparently trivial point. Once they get people to admit that point, they expect the rest of known scientific thought will unravel from that weak spot, like pulling a thread on a knitted blanket.

I really think Solon started the thread believing people would at least admit that "seeing stars in a vacuum" was unproven. Then, s/he would have his/her "aha!" moment, claiming, "But all Apollo/relativity/nuclear physics/BB theory/evolution is based on light being visible in a vacuum. So, you must admit that they're all wrong! Bwhahahaha!"

Ah, the "house of cards" approach. It's rather hilarious when it stalls before getting anywhere. "The two capacitor problem shows mainstream theory violates conservation of energy! This means atomic theory, quantum mechanics, relativity, and the big bang theory are wrong!" Cue painful demonstrations of inability at basic mathematics and reasoning skills as the crank (Ronald Satz/Transpower in this case) struggles to avoid admitting that not only is mainstream theory just fine, his own theory is deeply flawed...

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2012, 05:57:19 PM »
The ghost of Ralph Rene still walks among us................
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »
I have made a video concerning Hunchbaked's video "The ovverated memory of the apollo computer"
Check out Hunchbacked's video first if you haven't already (he'll remove it if he accepts being wrong)

Here is my reply video.

let's see if he accepts being wrong and removes his video..

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
now he's claiming i'm right, but only in theory, implying that it would not work practically.
it seems like ole hunchbacked is getting stumped.. i even noticed he removed his comments claiming someone did a lazy job, i replied to him saying i hope that the guy doesn't do lazy research aswell, wink wink nudge nudge say no more..

is this the start of the end of hunchbacked? is he finally starting to see the light of his errors?

5 bucks his delusions drags him back into the deep..

Selected comments from hunchbacked:
Effectively, they say that there can be 6 rope modules of 6k words...but there is what they say...and what they show...and it is not always the same thing!
yes, the high quality pictures in the pdf are much more correct than the silly text describing it.

May be sometimes I miss some things in my research, this is partly because of the fact that I trust my knowledge and my analysis of what I see.
But there are nevertheless incoherences between what they say and what they show.
this is my favourite.. he actually confesses that he does not check his findings.
well with anyone but himself.. if he agrees with himself, then he must be correct.. :P

edit: fixed typos and added hunchbackeds comments
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:06:54 PM by Lunchpacked »

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
now he's claiming i'm right, but only in theory, implying that it would not work practically.
I'm really surprised at that. My understanding of his video was that he based his figures on the total number of wires available for bits. Not that I would know either way - sadly, electronics is all noise and no signal for me - but it's odd that he would accept anyone's number but his own. If that's even what he's saying. Hunchy's comments are only slightly more intelligible than electronics to me.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »
Hunchy's comments are only slightly more intelligible than electronics to me.
More?

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2012, 04:28:23 AM »
I'm really surprised at that. My understanding of his video was that he based his figures on the total number of wires available for bits. Not that I would know either way - sadly, electronics is all noise and no signal for me - but it's odd that he would accept anyone's number but his own. If that's even what he's saying. Hunchy's comments are only slightly more intelligible than electronics to me.

He even accepted it as a video reply to his own video.
he says he's going to make a new video.. will he address my raised issues with his video? or just make new claims?

i don't have much knowledge in the apollo computer (rather none), but even i could see that he is wrong..

it must be aggrevating that an aerospace engineer from the finest aerospace engineering school in all of france, is easily stumped by a guy with little formal education beyond "normal school runs"
no wonder he only accept his own analysis and knowledge, 'cause he knows it does not hold water. i'll bet all his claims can be easily debunked..
if you have the time, go make a "debunk" video on one of his claims. no need to make it fancy, just make some title cards in paint, and use wevideo or something to put the pictures together in minutes. if he is proven wrong time and time again, maybe he will stop producing his shitty animated movies. i certainly won't stop making counter videos on his videos, but as i have work and a life, i don't think i'll be able to produce more than one a week tops.. come on, join in on revealing hunchbackeds poor research and analysis. he might even admit he was lazy i his research.

even though its a bit late for a ID4 quote...
"Get on the wire, tell them how to bring those sons of bitches down. " ;)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »
if you have the time, go make a "debunk" video on one of his claims. no need to make it fancy, just make some title cards in paint, and use wevideo or something to put the pictures together in minutes. if he is proven wrong time and time again, maybe he will stop producing his shitty animated movies.
Believe me, I've been trying. The guy is beyond all hope. On occasion I have actually succeeded in persuading him that he's made a mistake, but it's very rare and he always keeps a few more bogus "incoherencies" for the system in question to "prove" that it still doesn't work.

I've cited NASA documents (when the issue is what NASA says about something) and textbooks. I've provided schematics of commercial, non-space equipment using the same circuits and techniques. I've explained things from basic physical principles. Nothing works. Given that his videos rarely get more than a few hundred hits -- Youtube videos of people popping their zits get hundreds of thousands -- Hunchbacked might as well be Dr. John Nash, looking for Soviet secret messages and stuffing his results in a mailbox at an abandoned building.