Author Topic: Hunchback aka inquisitivemind.  (Read 127973 times)

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
Re: Hunchback aka inquisitivemind.
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2012, 04:28:36 AM »
His frequent self-comparisons to Galileo, besides being a crackpot cliché, are especially ironic because Galileo wrote so eloquently about the vital importance of mathematics in science. And Hunchbacked, despite his claim to be an engineer, is virtually innumerate. I have seen him use a mathematical formula only once, for the angular size of an object seen at a distance.

in one of his newest videos, he calculated that the memory of the AGC was less than nine times of that which was stated by NASA.. 4 kilowords vs 32 kilowords.. 

he has not provided any sources.. though i have asked for them, so he might present them. but out from the picture he shows, i see room for 6 rope modules, not just the 4 HB claims, (in the illustration, two of the modules are already inserted, and labled "rope modules" and in the second illustration, you see the right bay is empty, and has room for 3 rope modules) and that there are room for 4 trays of 6 rope modules in the whole unit, and using his calculations that would corresponded to 24kilo words, perfectly coherent with AGC block 1 of 24kilo words, (but not block 2 with 32 kilowords which is the one HB must be referring to.)

i'm still waiting for his sources, but if anyone of you guys know what documentation he is using, please share it :)

edit: added youtube video in question
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:55:21 AM by Lunchpacked »

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2012, 09:13:24 AM »
Now hunchbacked is claiming Spirit & Opportunity are fakes seeing as somebody pointed out laser returns sent back from the Spirit rover on Mars were many, many times weaker then those reflected from the retro-reflectors but still detectable. I guess anything that might corroborate the Apollo landings is got to be bogus. Hard to believe that this clown compares himself to Galileo and is supposedly a huge fan of science.
Where is he saying this?

Over at this youtube video:

Some kooky stuff being discussed but the reflectors on the moon is also being debated from  about 4 or 5 days ago.  Instead of wading through it all, I copied the main points below:

Jebus495: Are you saying that the moons surface will reflect a laser beam directly back on it's original trajectory? If that it what you're getting at, you're very wrong.
There is NOWHERE on the moon that a laser will do this except for the reflector arrays.

hunchbacked: I say that the moon's surface reflects the laser beam in several directions, but that the relief may be averagely such that it sends it back in enough good directions for the echo to be received on earth; concerning the tiny retro-reflector, it receives a so small part of the signal that it can only send back an almost insignificant part of it and not even in the perfect direction.

Jebus495: You could have stumped me early on by saying that the beam reaches a radius of about 3250 meters before it reaches the moon.

hunchbacked: That's what I wanted to make you understand.

hunchbacked: Now calculate what it represents for the tiny retro-reflector which does not even have a surface of a quarter of square meter: The retro-reflector receives an insignificant part of the signal; even if it sends it back perfectly it is still a very small part of the signal sent back; add to that the fact that the atmosphere deviates the signal, the retro-reflector sends back the signal in the perfect direction it receives it, but this direction is not the exact direction it has been sent!

hunchbacked: The retro-reflector is very efficient at short range, but on the moon, it is totally inefficient, inadequate for the conditions.

GABEONEILL: That is simply not true, the beams sent back from the Spirit rover on Mars were many, many times weaker then those reflected from the retro-reflectors, even over a larger distance and less output, neither the atmosphere nor size made any difference.

hunchbacked: Of course, Mars is much farther away than the moon, it is not surprising!

GABEONEILL: I rest my case.

hunchbacked: I think that you didn't get what I said.
Mars is considerably farther away than the moon, and the signal is much weakened by the distance.
I don't even believe that there is an echo from Mars, rover or not.

GABEONEILL: My point was that even though the output of the devices was many times weaker and at a farther distance from Earth they were still detectable.

hunchbacked: So you really think that an echo coming back from mars come from a mars rover?
There's not even a proof that this echo comes back from Mars.
And I can tell you one thing: There is no rover on Mars!

At that point, I asked him if he thought Spirit & Opportunity are fake and how does he know this but he seems to be ignoring me again after I asked him a few times how to artificially produce the zap pits found on lunar samples seeing as he figured it be easy to masquerade meteoric lunar samples found in Antarctica as ones brought back by faked landing missions.

Now as Trebor was wondering about, I wasn't even aware that they where getting laser reflections from Mars or was GABEONEILL talking about something else? I did try searching for something about the Rovers having reflectors but no luck there.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:19:52 AM by mako88sb »

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
His frequent self-comparisons to Galileo, besides being a crackpot cliché, are especially ironic because Galileo wrote so eloquently about the vital importance of mathematics in science. And Hunchbacked, despite his claim to be an engineer, is virtually innumerate. I have seen him use a mathematical formula only once, for the angular size of an object seen at a distance.

in one of his newest videos, he calculated that the memory of the AGC was less than nine times of that which was stated by NASA.. 4 kilowords vs 32 kilowords.. 

he has not provided any sources.. though i have asked for them, so he might present them. but out from the picture he shows, i see room for 6 rope modules, not just the 4 HB claims, (in the illustration, two of the modules are already inserted, and labled "rope modules" and in the second illustration, you see the right bay is empty, and has room for 3 rope modules) and that there are room for 4 trays of 6 rope modules in the whole unit, and using his calculations that would corresponded to 24kilo words, perfectly coherent with AGC block 1 of 24kilo words, (but not block 2 with 32 kilowords which is the one HB must be referring to.)

i'm still waiting for his sources, but if anyone of you guys know what documentation he is using, please share it :)

edit: added youtube video in question

HB got me the source.. sent in a pvt message.. i shared it in the comments for him.

http://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/hrst/archive/1029.pdf

i haven't started reading it yet, but i on the second page, it reads: The publication of this document does not constitute approval by {nasa} of the findings or conclusions contained herein. It is published for the exchange and stimulation of ideas.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »
I've been following that YT thread with interest. My knowledge of electronics is 'way too limited to try to debate anything about the functioning of the AGC, but I do see that Hunchy still shares a characteristic of most of the CT crowd - he can look right at something and (claim to) not see it. Like the two bays that already have memory modules in them.

Of course, that's hardly news to anyone familiar with his videos.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »
Hunchbacked spent a whole three weeks debating me over the fact that I was the author of "Live TV From the Moon", that I worked for a well-known European/German based TV network, or had any expertise in TV theory. Three weeks. In that time he could have contacted Apogee books, who would have forwarded me his email. Heck he could have even contacted my employer - the same one who filed my paper work with the German Immigration Authorities to secure my residence permit for this country.

He and his sidekick gijshu claimed they could make an easy debunk of "Live TV". That's the book that says a TV camera works by light which enters through a lens, strikes an image senor plate which converts that to an electric signal. I still haven't heard any debunk to this day, but I did have him attempt to tell me how to spell my name and which nationality I was.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2012, 06:46:33 PM »
@dwight

Oh, that Dwight. Well, that sounds right (Hunchy). 

Although my fingers leave my control occasionally, I try really hard not to try to comment on the Hunched one. I try only to engage with him for my own amusement, since I know I'm just shouting down a well.

Speaking of TV, do the HBs really think that people smart enough to pull off a hoax the size of the one NASA supposedly did would have gone to the trouble - and risk - of  televising hours of clear color video of the EVAs when they could have just stuck to the low def B&W like on A-11?

Ah, well.

::)What's all the ruckus overhead, Hunchy?
 :-\Seems I have a 'roo loose in the top paddock. Just ignore it.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »
In all the time I spent researching the book I never once had anyone from NASA, Westinghouse, RCA, or any of the tracking stations get secretive or hush-hush on me. If I asked a question I was given more information than I needed. In the cases where an answer was not readily known, I was given a list of emails and telephone numbers of people who did know the answer.

Compared to the HB camp who would dance around the issue, tell me a list of reasons why so-and-so couldn't be named. They then proceeded to tell me why I had no idea what I was talking about while simultaneously getting equipment names wrong. You get the idea of the calibre of the type of people that camp provides.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »

just having some fun :P

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
Great response.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2012, 05:23:03 PM »
Great response.
thanks.. the moon hoaxers request videos instead of comments, i'll give them videos.

they do seem to be influental, Chev4206 peed himself and started bleeping after i bleeped all his cursewords in the first video i shared two weeks ago, and he continues to do so even today on hunchbackeds new video.
First in!!! Bleeping.
and he really has his skirt in a bundle, trying to figure out who i am. guess a newcomer that comes on "this strong" from the beginning has him stumped.

Code: [Select]
OFFTOPIC!
if you like making these nay sayers squirm, try busting 419 (nigerian) scammers.
they are kinda like moonhoaxers, only much more gullible, and fun.
if you are interested, or just want a good laugh or 60, start here:[urlhttp://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm[/url]

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
There's a new (I think) video meister over on YT going by the name of Foosmasoos who has found a whole new crop of what he thinks are photographic anomalies, mostly based on how quickly one can shoot repeated shots with the Lunar EDCs. I don't think he actually is Hunchedback, but he's kind of how Hunchy would be if he could construct a clear sentence.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2012, 02:20:22 AM »
Go! Animate is cute. It kinda grows on you. Somehow the hoaxers arguments sound even sillier when they're spoken.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2012, 02:26:30 AM »
FoosMasoos has been around for some time, but he only started to produce videos recently it seems.

Yeah, he has built a real house of cards around the claim that the Apollo lunar surface film cameras couldn't take pictures as fast as NASA documented. To "prove" this he gets a terrestrial model of the 500 camera and punches off a few pictures, adding as much of a pause between each press of the shutter as he thinks we won't notice.

This led to much amusing argumentation that is still going on. When I pointed out that the Apollo cameras were specially modified by having their viewfinders, mirrors and secondary shutters removed, and that this could significantly speed up picturetaking, I was presented with mined quotes stating that the Apollo cameras were "standard", as though that word could magically do away with the obvious differences. I now see that equivocation - using words with multiple or ambiguous meanings - is one of their favorite tactics.

What would really be fun is to find a copy of the Apollo version of the Hasselblad, sans mirror, and see how quickly it takes pictures.

Offline Lunchpacked

• Mercury
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2012, 02:41:25 AM »
Go! Animate is cute. It kinda grows on you. Somehow the hoaxers arguments sound even sillier when they're spoken.
i don't know why, but i do enjoy those cheesy and garbled voices. the way the pronounciate is often way off the subject discussed. "why d'you THINK we, Never WENT to th' muun" kinda reminds me of g-man from halflie actually :P
"Wake up hoaxers... wake up and smell the ashes.."

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »
What would really be fun is to find a copy of the Apollo version of the Hasselblad, sans mirror, and see how quickly it takes pictures.

As fast as you can push the button.  The shutter recycle is almost instantaneous.  I used one built for Apollo 14 but not flown (i.e., the flight spare).
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams