Author Topic: NASA photographic record of Manned Moonlanding:Is there evidence of fabrication?  (Read 255238 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
A fellow northerner? I hope you're from the decent God-fearing part!

I fear no god.

I'm a honorary Lancastrian, but originally from  over the stretch of water to the left....

Shakes fist from the Yorkshire side ;)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
My ancestral home is in East Midlands.  My nearer ancestors (i.e., somewhere between Henry III and 1830) were from Devon.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
I'm from that peaceful tribe of Huns across the North Sea...

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
We used to own (or plunder) large parts of England and the Baltic.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
I live in the Middlewest of Germany. My hometown is Düsseldorf.

I'm travelling much around the world. It's part of my profession. The last time I was in the USA was in 2002 at the winter olympics in Salt Lake City. What a pity, that I didn't know Jay at that time  ;D
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
The last time I was in the USA was in 2002 at the winter olympics in Salt Lake City. What a pity, that I didn't know Jay at that time  ;D

Indeed, that was quite a fun time.  I live just down the hill (a short walk) from the Olympic Stadium.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Shakes fist from the Yorkshire side ;)

s'OK. Lancastrians are OK with Yorkies having t'hump as we know that we earn more and don't wet the bed.... :P :P ;D ;D ;D
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
My family is from Burnley, Lancashire.  They were Catholic Royalist so when Lord Cromwell's men came around and cut off a few heads, my ancestor relocated to the mountains of Virginia.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Given the whopping that he got I think that he came with one of these.....

It's hard to declare a whopping given his reluctance to declare his complicated Earth shattering science that only he and a few others understand. He was like a boxer holding for 15 rounds, refusing to throw a punch and hoping to win on points. He lost on points because he refused to fight.

;)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars

Indeed, that was quite a fun time.  I live just down the hill (a short walk) from the Olympic Stadium.

My profession is manufacturing, or better to say developin, bobsleighs and luges. I'm part of the German team and was there as technician and as a member of the technical commission. Four medals in bobsleigh and another four in luge. Yes, it was a funny time  ;D

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
My profession is manufacturing, or better to say developin, bobsleighs and luges. I'm part of the German team and was there as technician and as a member of the technical commission. Four medals in bobsleigh and another four in luge. Yes, it was a funny time  ;D

That's some story to tell. It's why Apollo appeals, because I can't imagine what it would have been like to be involved and witness them land on the moon - 6 times! Same with you, what it must be like to have been involved with people working at the peak of athleticism.

I can sum up my own career in the the words of SG Collins:

'My career has been unremarkable, but it has happened.'
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars

That's some story to tell. It's why Apollo appeals, because I can't imagine what it would have been like to be involved and witness them land on the moon - 6 times! Same with you, what it must be like to have been involved with people working at the peak of athleticism.

I can sum up my own career in the the words of SG Collins:

'My career has been unremarkable, but it has happened.'

I'm a great fan of Olympia. My athletic skills are not good enough to participate as an athlete, but I'm proud to be part of the whole team. Salt Lake City were my first games, and they were fantastic, Turin was boring, Vancouver was fantastic and Sochi was strange.

Anyway, I know the work behind such a project. And to see, that all details work, is simply brillant. Ok, I can't compare it with such a project like Apollo, I'm not that megalomaniac  ;D One reason might be, that nobody will call our medals as faked.

P.S. I'm also interested in the history of the Olympics of the modern era. I'm this for Olympics, what Jay is for Apollo.  ;D

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
Does Betteridge's Law of Headlines apply here then?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
Does Betteridge's Law of Headlines apply here then?

Absolutely.

But I guess, HB's don't know what this law is.  ;D

Offline Mag40

• Mars
Wow! I just spent way too long going through that whole thread in 3 painful chunks. All I could see was somebody horribly out of their depth. Nowhere did I see any proof and the number of questions just brushed aside was very obvious when you read the thread like that.

The worst thing was the sheer number of insults levied by this person and I applaud Jayutah for his totally professional responses in not rising to the bait. The irony was this post I dug up from the first page of his first thread:

By the rules of your own forum this is not allowed as it is an ad hominem personal attack . Please remove all such ad hominems