Author Topic: NASA photographic record of Manned Moonlanding:Is there evidence of fabrication?  (Read 254260 times)

Offline Chief

• Venus
Well, that seems to be the end of him.

Coffee anyone?

I wouldn't bet on THAT, cretin. This is"your house" as you put it, and I DON'T BELONG HERE for the same reason I don't belong at a gay pride parade . But I'll be around. And I will be there when NASA is exposed. And you will all be doing the same things you are now in the meantime, losing ground with every day that goes by .
The only thing missing is the maniacal laughter. He's homophobic too I see.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Probably. It was common in those days to modify commercial 2" quad videotape recorders as wideband instrumentation recorders. Although 2" quad has long been obsolete, they were so common that you can still find parts if you know where to look.

Ampex VR-660C telemetry recorders.  They're about the size of a refrigerator and eat a reel of 2-inch tape the size of a large pizza every 15 minutes.  I think you can see one in the photos of Honeysuckle Creek.  IIRC there's one working model and two others in various stages of de-zombification.

The biggest problem were the spinning headwheel assemblies; as I knew from my own background in TV broadcasting they had an operational lifetime of only about 1,000 hr and had to be periodically refurbished. I don't remember where they got those, but I think there are some specialty shops that will still do this.

Only one today, an they have to be cleaned in unicorn sweat.  Seriously, the refurbishment of the heads is a nearly lost art form.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
The only thing missing is the maniacal laughter. He's homophobic too I see.

I doubt the gays would want him either.  So a gish-gallop of long-debunked claims and a bunch of puerile name-calling later...

Offline Chief

• Venus
.... He runs away  with his tail between his legs declaring a victory.

Surely they must have transferred all the footage to digital by now. How long would tape last?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
How many of those flares produced radiation exposures that were of biological significance?  I'm not interested in speculation, please provide numbers.

The afternoon before Romulus first night here, we had one of those "1,600 measurable x-ray flares."  When Romulus linked to the NOAA data, all one had to do was scroll back a few hours and see the spike.  And with that data I was able to compute the biological dose and put it in a lay context.  Romulus missed all that.  It was part of the day's debate he unilaterally declared off-topic.

As I documented when Jarrah White made the same naive mistake, X-class solar x-ray events occur on average six times per year.  The overwhelming majority of "measurable" x-ray events are of the B- and C-classes that would give an astronaut in space about the same radiation exposure as eating a bunch of bananas.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Surely they must have transferred all the footage to digital by now. How long would tape last?

Enter Mark Gray and Spacecraft Films.

Offline Chief

• Venus
So intense x-rays and gamma rays need significant lead or concrete shielding (just quoting your website) but there are none of the intensity that would require said shielding? Is my assumption correct?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
So intense x-rays and gamma rays need significant lead or concrete shielding (just quoting your website) but there are none of the intensity that would require said shielding? Is my assumption correct

Right.  X-rays in the million-electron-volt range (or gamma rays, at that point) have tremendous penetrating power.  As photon energy increases, penetrating power increases dramatically.

X-rays in the thousand-electron-volt range comprise the vast, overwhelming majority of what comes out of the sun, and a few millimeters of aluminum (or your skin, or a roomful of air) is appropriate shielding.

Offline Chief

• Venus
Thanks Jay,

I'm slowly getting it, I am going to check out Jarrah's videos again to see if I can work out where he is wrong. I know he is but up to now I have been taking everyone else's word for it.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
I'm slowly getting it, I am going to check out Jarrah's videos again to see if I can work out where he is wrong. I know he is but up to now I have been taking everyone else's word for it.

Several months ago I wrote a review of Jarrah's Van Allen radiation belt video and highlighted all of his mistakes.  If you are interested, you can read it here...

Review of Jarrah White's "Radioactive Anomaly III"

I admire that you want to work it out for yourself.  My review should give you some helpful information.  I'd be happy to discuss with you any part of it.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:00:42 AM by Bob B. »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat

The real intersting part of this is Jarrah tried debating Jay and others at the IMDb. Jarrah assumes that every solar flare is accompanied by a solar proton event (SPE). SPEs have an exact definition and are generally produced by a different mechanism to solar flares. Jay tackled him on the correlation between flares and proton events (with other aspects of Jarrah's understanding).

Jarrah, after being moderated for his foul mouth, ran away and the declared he's being asked to produce proton data which did not exist in the time of Apollo. Jarrah claims that proton data is unavailable before 1976. This is complete hogwash as Jarrah uses an event from pre-Apollo which cites proton data, he's quite proud of his SPE graph which is based on proton data that he claims does not exist. Yes, proton data pre-GOES and pre-SOHO was obtained by different methods, but none the less we know when SPEs occurred. Google the Carrington event, we know space was swimming in protons back in the 1859 when that event was observed. It is considered the largest SPE in 'recent history', much larger that the Halloween storm (another massive SPE event), and occurred before modern space craft. How do we know, because of observations and core ice samples. Determining the size of an SPE does not need a spacecraft beyond the van Allen belts. The latter helps, but it is not required to know that an SPE has occurred.

Anyone can obtain the proton flux from the NOAA space weather website and find that the proton flux rarely rises to 'deadly' amounts. The flux is collected across three channels, >1 MeV, >10 MeV and >100 MeV (if I recall correctly). It's morning here and I really need to head for work, but I'll dig out more later.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:56:38 AM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
So Romulus' brief visit here consisted of two threads of 60 odd pages in which he

a. dragged up nothing more than previously long debunked and factually incorrect horse puckey, and
b. obsessed excessively over Jay, and
c. abused and berated other posters, calling them liars and frauds.

This was followed by him running away with his tail between his legs, desperately pulling up his pants after we gave him a good old fashioned ass whooping.

Excellent!   
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:06:49 AM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
So Romulus' brief visit here consisted of two threads of 60 odd pages in which he

a. dragged up nothing more than previously long debunked and factually incorrect horse puckey, and
b. obsessed excessively over Jay, and

This was followed by him running away with his tail between his legs, desperately pulling up his pants after we gave him a good old fashioned ass whooping.

Excellent!

Nail.
Head.

That's how i summed it up Smartcooky...he came in all full of p*ss and vinegar, attempted a gish-gallop and then ran away crying about how the bigger boys were picking on him.
I wonder how these people operate in real life? Is their online persona a true reflection of their true nature? if it is, then there sure are some obnoxious people out there. How do they get through each week without getting a slap or two??
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline beedarko

• Earth

You guys got off easy. My nether regions were directly threatened.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars

Nail.
Head.

That's how i summed it up Smartcooky...he came in all full of p*ss and vinegar, attempted a gish-gallop and then ran away crying about how the bigger boys were picking on him.
I wonder how these people operate in real life? Is their online persona a true reflection of their true nature? if it is, then there sure are some obnoxious people out there. How do they get through each week without getting a slap or two??

I think there are two (or more) kinds of them in the real world.

There are those who only want to get attention. Either for their self-assurance (Hey, they're talking about me, so I'm important) or, as I noticed especially here in Germany, to make a quick dollar/euro/whatever by selling their books or dvds or getting klicks on their websites.

And there are those who really need help. This YT troll humanmonkeyrace and his several incarnations is one of the saddest examples. It seems this guy needs a manual to get his pants on. There is really not a shred of basic knowledge.

Maybe I can add another kind of those people. I call them easy to impress. Most of them are easy to impress by big numbers and big words like the famous "deadly radiation".
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi