Author Topic: NASA photographic record of Manned Moonlanding:Is there evidence of fabrication?  (Read 254326 times)

Offline frenat

• Mars
I will not be posting here any longer using this ID

Fixed it for you.

I assure you, when I am finished kicking you in the nuts, i won't be back here. there is nothing to be proved beyond what I already have.

So then a grand total of nothing then, right?
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline frenat

• Mars
There is enough evidence to prove you are all conspiring to conceal a multibillion dollar fraud and hoax.
You keep saying that but then you provide no proof, no evidence.  Hilarious.

Offline frenat

• Mars

The fact that you are professional liars does not equate with any competence in the fields required to understand this subject, which you and your comrades have proved this over an over again, and consistency across the board.

Anyone with a moderate level of intelligence can do what you are doing here.It's easy  .What isn't easy is actually proving anything, and if any of you could, YOU WOULDN'T BE HERE STILL TRYING TO 48 YEARS LATER
Calling people professional liars implies you have proof they are paid to do so.  So far you've failed to provide said proof and failed to prove anything said was a lie. 

How's that book coming?

Offline frenat

• Mars
Why are there no tracks from a wheeled vehicle where astronauts  footprints can clearly be seen right where the wheels would have had to roll? Well, they picked it up, it was light on the moon.....Ok, it's possible, yeah.  But we both no he real reason is because it was carried there and placed.
You answered your own question.  the tracks were often obscured by the dust kicked up by the astronauts footprints.  Also hilarious that you think it was carried and placed when it is a vehicle that can move under its own power.

No dust displaced under the ascent stage engine? Well, it only had the force of a leave blower...(LMAO)....
It is a lie that there is no dust displaced.  Thank you for proving you haven't really looked and are quoting yet more of that propaganda you claim to never have read.

but these 6 missions all succeeded in the past century nearly half a century ago and not a single man was lost on any lunar mission, not even a broken finger or scraped knee...
9 missions went to the Moon.  I thought you'd studied this?

And a man filmed dropping off a ladder supposedly on the moon can be experimentally proved to have been accelerating at a speed 2.5 times what he would on the moon,
Really?  Then prove it.  Do the math for once in your life.

and NASA claims our videos are not e idence because they're not first generation,
Please post where NASA claims this.  I'll bet you can't.

while claiming to have lost the originals.
the originals are only gone from a SINGLE mission.  I thought you'd studied this?

DO you see my point?
Is it that you've essentially parroted the same propaganda you claimed to never have read?

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
He's in full on Gish Gallop mode now.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars

Maybe the optical systems in the Keyhole spacecraft.  ;D

Touché!

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
You answered your own question.  the tracks were often obscured by the dust kicked up by the astronauts footprints.  Also hilarious that you think it was carried and placed when it is a vehicle that can move under its own power.
He's actually partly right, though for the wrong reasons. On the moon, the LRV was so light that it could easily be lifted by the astronauts. They found it was often easier to turn the LRV around by simply picking it up than by driving it.

Offline Chief

• Venus

You are a phoney, you have no clue what you are talking about and you lost.

ROTFLMFAO!

Look at this thread and the other I posted here.  There is only one thing any of you actually discuss and that is me! This pattern is repeated over many years with many different people that are extremely qualified and have a high degree of integrity ,credibility and honesty. Have you noticed that none of you have this reputation with anyone? Just wondering.

Actually my Engineering staff and I do have that reputation. From the people that matter. The hundreds of people who fly 50,000 hours or more in our aircraft each year. We are complimented regularly on the level of maintenance we provide and we have never had a maintenance related issue.

Don't pretend to know me or anyone else here. You are most definitely a phoney, you most definitely have no clue whatsoever what you are talking about and you have most definitely lost whatever tiny, insignificant argument you may have thought you had. Run away little man.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:10:35 PM by Chief »

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
the originals are only gone from a SINGLE mission.

Weren't the tapes that are often referred to today as 'originals' considered at the time to be 'backups'?  My understanding is that all the data was sent to Houston where it was converted and stored as the primary source of the Apollo 11 TV imagery.  The tapes back in Australia were retained (for awhile) as a backup.  It wasn't until decades later when people went looking for the Australian tapes that they began to be referred to as original recordings.  Do I have that right?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:41:58 PM by Bob B. »

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Weren't the tapes that are often referred to today as 'originals' considered at the time to be 'backups'?
That's right. Their sole purpose was to capture the raw receiver output in case a scan converter failed during the EVA. We would have lost live coverage of the EVA, but the tapes could have been played back through the repaired scan converter later. That never happened, so the tapes were never needed. At the time, and for quite some time later, they had no other use.

Only decades later did it dawn on anybody that we could have extracted better quality video from them than the recordings of the scan converter output that are in the archives.

NASA has long made it standard practice to have backup tapes spinning everywhere during critical mission phases in case hardware, software or a transmission link fails.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:42:39 PM by ka9q »

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Does a machine capable of playing those tapes still exist?

It was my impression that those tapes were reused because there was a problem with a new batch.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Does a machine capable of playing those tapes still exist?
Probably. It was common in those days to modify commercial 2" quad videotape recorders as wideband instrumentation recorders. Although 2" quad has long been obsolete, they were so common that you can still find parts if you know where to look.

The recorders used by the Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project (LOIRP) are a case in point. The two working units I saw came from NASA and had required a lot of work to make them operational again. All the big electrolytic capacitors had to be replaced with modern parts. A third unit was cannibalized for circuit boards and other unique parts to make the other two work. It helped that recording wasn't necessary; in fact I think they disabled that function.

The biggest problem were the spinning headwheel assemblies; as I knew from my own background in TV broadcasting they had an operational lifetime of only about 1,000 hr and had to be periodically refurbished. I don't remember where they got those, but I think there are some specialty shops that will still do this.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
I wouldn't bet on THAT, cretin. This is"your house" as you put it, and I DON'T BELONG HERE for the same reason I don't belong at a gay pride parade . But I'll be around. And I will be there when NASA is exposed. And you will all be doing the same things you are now in the meantime, losing ground with every day that goes by .

Why do I hear Plankton's voice when I read Rom's rants?

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
Astronauts exposed to essentially exactly the same rate of radiation exposure on LEO missions as where they traversed the van allen belts and walked on the lunar surface outside the protection of the magnetosphere

No one has claimed that astronauts in LEO have the same rate of radiation exposure as those who went to the Moon.  We said that the exposure to electromagnetic radiation is the same in LEO as it is in cislunar space.  That does not include particle radiation, which we never got around to discussing.

surviving 1600 x ray flares and many hundreds of par tile events...

How many of those flares produced radiation exposures that were of biological significance?  I'm not interested in speculation, please provide numbers.

THEY GOT REAL LUCKY, they "won the lottery" so to speak.

That is a gross mischaracterization of the actual situation.  The Apollo spacecraft was well protected from Van Allen Belt radiation and normal cislunar radiation.  The only real threat was from major solar flares, which are rare.  The Solar Particle Alert Network was established to support the Apollo program.  SPAN's function was to monitor solar activity during the missions and provide warnings of particle events.  The network included seven stations around the world, situated so as to provide 24-hour coverage of the Sun at both optical and microwave frequencies.  If SPAN detected that a large solar flare was imminent, there was a few hours' advance notice of the particle flux. This was adequate time for the astronauts on the Moon to get back to the LM, take off, rendezvous with the CSM, and take cover as best they could. While in lunar orbit, the Moon would protect the astronauts for half of each orbit. At other times the spacecraft would be turned so the bulk of the service module was between the astronauts and the incoming particles. The astronauts had a handheld Geiger counter so they could find the safest spot in the command module cabin should they have to ride out a solar flare.

45 years later it cannot be done

That's only because nobody currently has a moon-capable system in production and/or operation.  It's not because it is impossible or because we don't know how to go to the moon. 

no government claims it is near ready ebcause they don't have the means to get beyond the magnetosphere and protect astronauts from radiator in space

When has any government has said that a short duration Apollo-style mission to the moon is impossible due to radiation (or for any other reason)?  Provide sources.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:28:00 AM by Bob B. »

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
Just add to the telemetry discussion: there is a least one machine retained to allow playback of the tapes should they ever surface. And yes the telemetry tapes where the BACKUP not ,the master.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"