Author Topic: Faking the moon landings  (Read 140124 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Faking the moon landings
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
There was nothing even vaguely up to the job at the time of Apollo.

I think I mentioned, either here or on CQ, that I spent many years working on graphics system software, and if anything remotely capable of those effects had been available in the 1960's, it wouldn't have stayed a secret for long, since the movie industry would have leapt on it (much as they did in the 1990's).

People who believe that the Apollo films, videos and photographs were faked seem to have done no research into what tools were available at the time, and apparently think Photoshop was developed in the 19th Century, probably running on Babbage's Analytical Engine...  :D

The state of the art at the time was so limited that they couldn't even generate solid lines to separate the columns of numbers on the controllers screens. The idea of a graphics manipulation package similar to Photoshop in the 1960s is completely hilarious.

"The System/360 mainframes generated the requested data on a CRT screen using dedicated digital-to-television display generators; positioned over the CRT in turn was a video camera, watching the screen. For the oxygen status display example above, the mainframe would produce a series of numerical columns and print them on the CRT.

The numbers were just that, though. No column headings, no labels, no descriptive text, no formatting, no cell outlines, no nothing—bare, unadorned columns of numbers. In order to make them more understandable, an automated mechanical system would retrieve an actual physical slide containing printed column headings and other formatting reference information from a huge bank of such slides, and place the slide over a light source and project it through a series of lenses into the video camera positioned above the CRT. The mixed image, made up of the CRT's bare columns and the slide containing the formatting, was then transmitted to the controller's console screen as a single video stream.

This process was necessary to dress up and clarify the mainframes' sparse output, since the modern concept of a single unified graphical display consisting of mixed static and dynamic elements was impossible with the era's technology."

https://arstechnica.com/science/2012/10/going-boldly-what-it-was-like-to-be-an-apollo-flight-controller/2/
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »
There was nothing even vaguely up to the job at the time of Apollo.

I think I mentioned, either here or on CQ, that I spent many years working on graphics system software, and if anything remotely capable of those effects had been available in the 1960's, it wouldn't have stayed a secret for long, since the movie industry would have leapt on it (much as they did in the 1990's).

People who believe that the Apollo films, videos and photographs were faked seem to have done no research into what tools were available at the time, and apparently think Photoshop was developed in the 19th Century, probably running on Babbage's Analytical Engine...  :D

The state of the art at the time was so limited that they couldn't even generate solid lines to separate the columns of numbers on the controllers screens. The idea of a graphics manipulation package similar to Photoshop in the 1960s is completely hilarious.

"The System/360 mainframes generated the requested data on a CRT screen using dedicated digital-to-television display generators; positioned over the CRT in turn was a video camera, watching the screen. For the oxygen status display example above, the mainframe would produce a series of numerical columns and print them on the CRT.

The numbers were just that, though. No column headings, no labels, no descriptive text, no formatting, no cell outlines, no nothing—bare, unadorned columns of numbers. In order to make them more understandable, an automated mechanical system would retrieve an actual physical slide containing printed column headings and other formatting reference information from a huge bank of such slides, and place the slide over a light source and project it through a series of lenses into the video camera positioned above the CRT. The mixed image, made up of the CRT's bare columns and the slide containing the formatting, was then transmitted to the controller's console screen as a single video stream.

This process was necessary to dress up and clarify the mainframes' sparse output, since the modern concept of a single unified graphical display consisting of mixed static and dynamic elements was impossible with the era's technology."

https://arstechnica.com/science/2012/10/going-boldly-what-it-was-like-to-be-an-apollo-flight-controller/2/

Sure, that's just what they want you to think...

/s

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »
You don’t need sophisticated graphics software to take a picture or video of a man in a space suit on a movie set.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »
You don’t need sophisticated graphics software to take a picture or video of a man in a space suit on a movie set.

You also don't need it to broadcast live footage of Earth from space. Just a TV camera being pointed by a person in space.

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »
And I’m sure they will do it one day.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »

NASA already did it 6 times or do you not aree?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 06:33:49 PM »
Do what? Broadcast live footage of the Earth from space?

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 06:34:53 PM »

Movie sets require a lot of production personnel, prop makers and logistics people. How come none of them have ever spilled the beans?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 06:45:26 PM »
"Movie sets require a lot of production personnel, prop makers and logistics people. How come none of them have ever spilled the beans?"

MONEY!

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 06:52:31 PM »
"Movie sets require a lot of production personnel, prop makers and logistics people. How come none of them have ever spilled the beans?"

MONEY!

And how much money could a movie technician make selling his proof of the hoax to the media?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »

MONEY!
"OK, I take the money and make a deathbed confession to be read when I croak; that way any bad effects don't screw me over." said none of them . . . why?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2018, 09:23:22 PM »

MONEY!
How much money would it take to silence one person? How many of those payments would be required?

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 09:50:52 PM »

MONEY!
How much money would it take to silence one person? How many of those payments would be required?
And where is this money coming from. Let's say you paid 1,000,000 a year to everyone involved who knew. If only less than a 10th of people involved in Apollo got paid, not to mention however many were directly involved in faking,  that's 40 BILLION dollars a YEAR, which is over  twice NASA's current annual budget.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2018, 10:14:26 PM »

MONEY!
And where is this money coming from. Let's say you paid 1,000,000 a year to everyone involved who knew. If only less than a 10th of people involved in Apollo got paid, not to mention however many were directly involved in faking,  that's 40 BILLION dollars a YEAR, which is over  twice NASA's current annual budget.

And if you say that the NASA Death Squads keep the Apollo people from talking, those Squads have to be kept on salary for 50 years, they have to be let in on the hoax so they know what the people they are monitoring are NOT supposed to be talking about, and since those Squad members now know about the Moon Hoax, other Squad members now have to watch THEM to make sure that THEY are not tempted to cash in on revealing the Moon Hoax.

And of course, THEY have to know WHY they are watching their fellow Death Squad buddies, and now THEY have to be let in on the Biggest Secret Ever, and to keep THEM silent...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:16:10 PM by AtomicDog »

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2018, 11:13:03 PM »
And if you say that the NASA Death Squads keep the Apollo people from talking, those Squads have to be kept on salary for 50 years, they have to be let in on the hoax so they know what the people they are monitoring are NOT supposed to be talking about, and since those Squad members now know about the Moon Hoax, other Squad members now have to watch THEM to make sure that THEY are not tempted to cash in on revealing the Moon Hoax.

And of course, THEY have to know WHY they are watching their fellow Death Squad buddies, and now THEY have to be let in on the Biggest Secret Ever, and to keep THEM silent...
Great A'Tuin, it's death squads all the way down! :o