Author Topic: Apollo 11 annotated landing  (Read 9565 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Apollo 11 annotated landing
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
Someone mentioned the http://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/ web page over at JREF.  Basically, it's a JavaScript app playing the audio, with synchronized film, transcript, and other data (such as LM attitude and Armstrong's heart rate) around the page.  Worth checking out.

That was most excellent, I found it rather therapeutic. I was working while listening, and that's so much better than working to music.

Somebody did a lot of work to get that together.

That's what I thought, all so I could have chills run down my spine. Amazing stuff.

Take out of obligatory shots of chain smoking from the retelling and everyone seems so calm.

That made me giggle Glom. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:46:14 AM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Re: Apollo 11 annotated landing
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 07:22:26 AM »
The ALSJ and AFJ transcripts have been cleaned up a lot from the original NASA transcripts, thanks to both the editors and the readers, so it's worth it to start with them instead of re-applying existing corrections.

But the transcripts there include only Net-1, i.e., the air-to-ground loop, and not the flight director loop, and that would be a valuable addition for at least the more historic excerpts. And the Apollo 11 landing certainly qualifies.