Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Apollo 11 video feed delay?
« Last post by Obviousman on March 27, 2024, 04:53:05 PM »
Dwight will have all the answers you need.
« Last post by Bryanpoprobson on March 27, 2024, 11:10:36 AM »
Sorta.  He replies as if open to admitting to being wrong about fakery, remains civil, and at least partly admits when debunked. 

I am defending the impossibility of faking artificial lighting in the Apollo visual record.  He is mostly arguing how all photographic evidence can be faked one way or another.

He finds the video and 16mm footage more compelling to argue with, than any still images, since the camera and things move around, conceding that they cannot be post-composited.  For the moment, he is ignoring what I consider the most compelling visual recording- 16mm Apollo 15 footage of EVA 2 (also EVA 3), between Station 6 and 6a-   It cannot be miniature since uncut footage has astronauts walk in front of camera, and shows miles of evenly lit terrain with sharp, unidirectional shadows, where it is impossible to use or hide lights.  I will return to that.

But after days of debate on this frame-rate point (among others), he has retreated to claiming NASA is at least lying about a live feed, but not that it proves anything one way or the other.  But I know that if you dont debunk a particular detail they gather all wagons around that last hill.  So I was looking for a bit more definitive info on the A11 feed delay.

This is 16mm footage and therefore any astronaut coms was added and sync’d as best possible.
The Hoax Theory / Re: Saturn V Third Stage - Not enough room
« Last post by benparry on March 26, 2024, 05:45:32 AM »
Many thanks Gents for you're answers. As usual the answer is deceptively simple.
« Last post by Jason Thompson on March 25, 2024, 10:50:47 AM »
Is there a website which literally adds up the bits within the Third stage that shows it does all fit

Not necessary given the massively flawed arguments.

Phase 3 of the Saturn 5 rocket is 61.6 feet tall and 21.7 feet in diameter.

Height measured from where to where?

If it was a cylinder (which it's not the top has a lander attached to it and it's much smaller and the diameter slowly decreases at the top)

That is incorporating both the Instrument Unit (IU) and the Spacecraft/LM Adapter (SLA), neither of which are part of the S-IVB.

I used a cylinder calculator and came up with 22,781 cubic feet.

Remember it's already more than ½ full even if you just literally poured the fuel in the rocket.

Yes, that is literally how most rocket stages work. How much space does he imagine the lines and everything else take up when compared to the volume of fuel?

We still need room for Insulation so now your available space is even smaller.

How thick does he expect the insulation to be? There are many unqualified assumptions being made in his comment that he needs to justify if he claims it supports his conclusions.

Next subtract the cubic feet needed for the rocket's engines.

Go on then? That, again, is his burden of proof. As well as showing that the rocket engine is included in the length of the stage he quotes.

Don't forget the Lander itself.
We still need an oxygen supply, batteries, computers, and room for 3 Astronauts.

None of that was included in the S-IVB stage. The lander sits inside the SLA, and the command/service module sits on top of that. That's a fundamental error in his argument.

That and the fact there are many many diagrams available online that show how everything fitted. Not our burden to go and find the actual answers. His argument fails for being incomplete and making several errors about what needs to be included.
« Last post by Allan F on March 23, 2024, 11:07:11 PM »
As the SSTV feed was routed to a monitor, and from there picked up by a TV camera and retransmitted across the world, it was practically instantaneus.
« Last post by bknight on March 23, 2024, 10:49:05 AM »
I'm a bit confused.  The 16mm footage you refer is not transmitted live, it is film that was processed after the mission concluded.  The rest of the transmissions were "live" with roughly a 2 second delay. The only delayed video from was from A17 when the Cernan was driving to the parking place the antenna was positioned properly to have the DSN pick up that signal.  A11 video was processed to a format that could be presented to the TVs around the world.  I don't remember if there was an additional delay other than the transmission delay.  That may be addresses in Jay's Clavius site.
The Reality of Apollo / Re: Vale GEN Thomas P Stafford
« Last post by bknight on March 23, 2024, 10:36:59 AM »
RIP Gen. Stafford.  Another Moon astronaut passes away.
« Last post by Allan F on March 22, 2024, 05:33:40 PM »
Also, he thinks the CSM is also inside the 3rd stage.
« Last post by Allan F on March 22, 2024, 05:31:56 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_(spacecraft)#Spacecraft%E2%80%93lunar_module_adapter_(SLA)

The confusion stems from your inclusion of the SLA into the 3rd stage. It was a separate entity.
« Last post by Allan F on March 22, 2024, 05:23:42 PM »
Are your numbers for the third stage or for the third stage AND the SLA?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10