Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 632972 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2130 on: April 18, 2018, 05:42:32 PM »
Colour me cynical, but benparry seems deeply uninterested with any conversation absent timfinch. One would think that he would forge ahead with productive conversation were he interested, no? Surely, he must be interested in learning in his own right? No?

Well, NO. ben does not post much at all without the presence of tim. Given the sheer volume of knowledge herein, and ben's claim to be strangely ignorant of the Apollo facts, ben's reluctance to post absent tim seems odd to me. So how about it, ben? Do you want to know more? Or are you content to slavishly follow tim around the internet while learning nothing? Or do you really want to know exactly how to refute tim's nonsense? Surely, by now you are able to read basic graphs, right? And surely that allows you to refute tim's wild claims, right?

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2131 on: April 19, 2018, 03:56:56 AM »
Colour me cynical, but benparry seems deeply uninterested with any conversation absent timfinch. One would think that he would forge ahead with productive conversation were he interested, no? Surely, he must be interested in learning in his own right? No?

Well, NO. ben does not post much at all without the presence of tim. Given the sheer volume of knowledge herein, and ben's claim to be strangely ignorant of the Apollo facts, ben's reluctance to post absent tim seems odd to me. So how about it, ben? Do you want to know more? Or are you content to slavishly follow tim around the internet while learning nothing? Or do you really want to know exactly how to refute tim's nonsense? Surely, by now you are able to read basic graphs, right? And surely that allows you to refute tim's wild claims, right?

Hi abiddan

many thanks for your comments.

since you seem fully conversant with all my study on the moon landings could you please post here a list of websites i have visited on them.

my point in asking the original question was i unable to completley refute tims claims and wondered if anybody here had any pertenant information which would. that has happened. i havent heard from Tim in a short while so presumably he has accepted the findings.

However, you claim i am uninterested in learning. apart from the facebook forums i have been a member of / still a member of which have been documented here i am a semi avid researcher of such materials. Bob Breaunig's site, clavius, this site with other threads and many other resources have been used by me to further my knowledge. i now believe i have a general understanding (not thorough) of quite a few issues.

can i also point out that this thread is 143 pages long. i have looked at every single post on there and the reason i dont post much is because the general cut and thrust was between Tim and people like Luke. i didnt feel i had the expertise or experience to jump in on people like Luke, BKnight, Jay, Jason etc who clearly are better equipped than me but if you feel i have committed an offense then no problem.

when i was accused earlier on of being Tim or working with him i quoted something which i will quote again. you are a person who refutes hoax believers and most people like that claim the HB jump to conslusions with no real knowledge or evidence. may i say you seem to have done the same here.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #2132 on: April 19, 2018, 04:46:09 AM »
i havent heard from Tim in a short while so presumably he has accepted the findings.

Given his responses here and on CQ so far, do you honestly think that is a likely outcome? Tim has demonstrably done everything in his power to avoid accepting anything that doesn't agree with his predetermined conclusions. He has gone on for page after page with mathematically nonsensical drivel to justify his refusal to accept what plain numbers are telling him. Witness his latest rant where he is refusing to accept the numbers on the crater data set are what they are actually described as. He has shifted goalposts, refused to acknowledge fundamental things about mathematics and radiation, still refuses to grasp that it is possible to skirt the edge of the VAB rather than go right through the middle because spaceflight is a 3D issue not a 2D one, and insulted members of this board. He has lied about being banned from CQ when he was in fact clearly suspended for reasons involving not actually following the rules of civility on a forum he joined voluntarily. His attitude is like walking into a church and demanding that they stop talking about God because he wants to talk about something else.

you are a person who refutes hoax believers and most people like that claim the HB jump to conslusions with no real knowledge or evidence. may i say you seem to have done the same here.

As has been pointed out already, our years of experience has helped reach these conclusions. It's not arrived at on a whim.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2133 on: April 19, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »
i havent heard from Tim in a short while so presumably he has accepted the findings.

Given his responses here and on CQ so far, do you honestly think that is a likely outcome? Tim has demonstrably done everything in his power to avoid accepting anything that doesn't agree with his predetermined conclusions. He has gone on for page after page with mathematically nonsensical drivel to justify his refusal to accept what plain numbers are telling him. Witness his latest rant where he is refusing to accept the numbers on the crater data set are what they are actually described as. He has shifted goalposts, refused to acknowledge fundamental things about mathematics and radiation, still refuses to grasp that it is possible to skirt the edge of the VAB rather than go right through the middle because spaceflight is a 3D issue not a 2D one, and insulted members of this board. He has lied about being banned from CQ when he was in fact clearly suspended for reasons involving not actually following the rules of civility on a forum he joined voluntarily. His attitude is like walking into a church and demanding that they stop talking about God because he wants to talk about something else.

you are a person who refutes hoax believers and most people like that claim the HB jump to conslusions with no real knowledge or evidence. may i say you seem to have done the same here.

As has been pointed out already, our years of experience has helped reach these conclusions. It's not arrived at on a whim.

jason it was more of a hope really lol 143 is a very long thread :)

i am aware of that i just find it very annoying to keep being accused of something. i have a good interest in apollo and find comments like 'color me cynical' rediculous. as Luke put it last time lets concentrate on what we know not what we think.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2134 on: April 19, 2018, 06:56:39 AM »

Hi abiddan
Sudden spelling fail noted.

You're welcome.

since you seem fully conversant with all my study on the moon landings could you please post here a list of websites i have visited on them.
Why should I? How would I know? and why would I care anyway? What I do know is that you have been here, CQ and facebook and have apparently learned nothing from those ventures.

my point in asking the original question was i unable to completley refute tims claims and wondered if anybody here had any pertenant information which would. that has happened.
I don't believe you. You got nothing here that you haven't been spoonfed elsewhere. The answers remain the same wherever you choose to roam.

Nope.

However, you claim i am uninterested in learning. apart from the facebook forums i have been a member of / still a member of which have been documented here i am a semi avid researcher of such materials. Bob Breaunig's site, clavius, this site with other threads and many other resources have been used by me to further my knowledge. i now believe i have a general understanding (not thorough) of quite a few issues.
Have you asked questions at those sites? Of course not because those sites do not have such a facility. You could ask here since the owners of both of those sites are members here.

can i also point out that this thread is 143 pages long. i have looked at every single post on there and the reason i dont post much is because the general cut and thrust was between Tim and people like Luke. i didnt feel i had the expertise or experience to jump in on people like Luke, BKnight, Jay, Jason etc who clearly are better equipped than me but if you feel i have committed an offense then no problem.
An "offence"? Hyperbole noted.

when i was accused earlier on of being Tim or working with him i quoted something which i will quote again. you are a person who refutes hoax believers and most people like that claim the HB jump to conslusions with no real knowledge or evidence. may i say you seem to have done the same here.
Long experience informs opinion.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2135 on: April 19, 2018, 07:46:40 AM »

Hi abiddan

You're welcome.

Why should I? How would I know? and why would I care anyway? What I do know is that you have been here, CQ and facebook and have apparently learned nothing from those ventures.

my point in asking the original question was i unable to completley refute tims claims and wondered if anybody here had any pertenant information which would. that has happened.
I don't believe you. You got nothing here that you haven't been spoonfed elsewhere. The answers remain the same wherever you choose to roam.

Nope.

Have you asked questions at those sites? Of course not because those sites do not have such a facility. You could ask here since the owners of both of those sites are members here.

I'll Tell you what Abaddon you believe whatever you wish too. you are incorrect but never mind. You say about asking questions. if you cast your eye back over the threads you will find quite a few questions that i have asked. You may well even have provided an answer for them. so for the learning nothing that couldn't be further from the truth.

finally its nice to hear you say opinion because it certainly isn't fact. i do find it amusing though that after all your character assassinations the best answers you could try to get me with is to do with my spelling lol.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2136 on: April 19, 2018, 07:55:43 AM »

Hi abiddan

You're welcome.

Nope.

I'll Tell you what Abaddon you believe whatever you wish too. you are incorrect but never mind.
You think I need your permission for that?

You say about asking questions. if you cast your eye back over the threads you will find quite a few questions that i have asked. You may well even have provided an answer for them. so for the learning nothing that couldn't be further from the truth.
So after asking at CQ all about radiation and receiving explanations, you learned so much that you signed up here and asked THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS all over again because....reasons.
finally its nice to hear you say opinion because it certainly isn't fact. i do find it amusing though that after all your character assassinations the best answers you could try to get me with is to do with my spelling lol.
It is a common tactic used by CTists to intentionally bork their interlocutors names.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2137 on: April 19, 2018, 07:58:43 AM »

Hi abiddan

You're welcome.

Nope.

I'll Tell you what Abaddon you believe whatever you wish too. you are incorrect but never mind.
You think I need your permission for that?

You say about asking questions. if you cast your eye back over the threads you will find quite a few questions that i have asked. You may well even have provided an answer for them. so for the learning nothing that couldn't be further from the truth.
So after asking at CQ all about radiation and receiving explanations, you learned so much that you signed up here and asked THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS all over again because....reasons.
It is a common tactic used by CTists to intentionally bork their interlocutors names.

no you dont need my permission but you seem to think it is ok to just insult me whenever you wish. surely that is against the rules here. secondly i did ask that question at CQ but Tim didnt delve into nearly as much detail as he has here.

finally after casting you eye back on the questions i have asked (i assume you have done this so you have some facts not opinions to come back with) and knowing the facebook groups i have been in which you can look through to see comments i have made and seen the comments i have made here you think i am a HB. Really

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2138 on: April 19, 2018, 09:06:16 AM »
no you dont need my permission but you seem to think it is ok to just insult me whenever you wish.
Point out any insult

surely that is against the rules here.
Would be up to the mod to determine that, but it is moot as it didn't happen.

secondly i did ask that question at CQ but Tim didnt delve into nearly as much detail as he has here.
Nothing stopping either of you so doing. Have at it.

finally after casting you eye back on the questions i have asked (i assume you have done this so you have some facts not opinions to come back with) and knowing the facebook groups i have been in which you can look through to see comments i have made and seen the comments i have made here you think i am a HB. Really
My honest answer? Naw, you don't want that. Really.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2139 on: April 19, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »
no you dont need my permission but you seem to think it is ok to just insult me whenever you wish.
Point out any insult

surely that is against the rules here.
Would be up to the mod to determine that, but it is moot as it didn't happen.

secondly i did ask that question at CQ but Tim didnt delve into nearly as much detail as he has here.
Nothing stopping either of you so doing. Have at it.

My honest answer? Naw, you don't want that. Really.

well i have been accused of being Tim, working with Tim, then you came back with accusing me of having no interest and being a silent member. as alluded to above that is incorrect.

yes it would be down to the administrators to say that. i am in no way attempting to manage this or any other part here.

if you cast your eye over this thread you will find he did have at it. for all of 143 pages. i do not believe the moon landings were fake so there is no need for me to have at it.

finally yes i would like your answer. do you believe i am a hoax believer and if so i would find it interesting to see your evidence and proof for this.

if you don't have any then you shouldn't make silly comments.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2140 on: April 19, 2018, 09:29:45 AM »
no you dont need my permission but you seem to think it is ok to just insult me whenever you wish. surely that is against the rules here. secondly i did ask that question at CQ but Tim didnt delve into nearly as much detail as he has here.
How do you know that timfinch didn't go into further detail on CQ?

You want facts? OK. After starting the ball rolling on CQ, you bailed on 21-Nov-2017 never to be seen again. No posts, not even a login. timfinch, OTOH kept plugging away until 12-Apr-2018 at which point he claimed here on this site to have been banned (that was a lie).

Then you arrive here with the exact same story "I have this friend..." and recycle the exact same story all over again.

Are you really suggesting that this should not be a matter of some suspicion? Then, piling Pelion upon Ossa, you reluctantly link us to facebook pages (and we had to batter that out of you) where the very same double act is performed.

And you are claiming to be perplexed that a certain rodent is being detected?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2141 on: April 19, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
well i have been accused of being Tim, working with Tim, then you came back with accusing me of having no interest and being a silent member. as alluded to above that is incorrect.
Then why did you vanish without trace from CQ? timfinch bashed on for a further 4 months there before attempting to weasel out with nary a comment from you, not even a login. Somehow you seem to be familiar with his posts there.

yes it would be down to the administrators to say that. i am in no way attempting to manage this or any other part here.
Because self-appointed mods never sit well on any site. This is true regardless of the topic at hand.

if you cast your eye over this thread you will find he did have at it. for all of 143 pages. i do not believe the moon landings were fake so there is no need for me to have at it.
So just to be clear. You introduced TF to CQ and then abandoned ship for 4 months, never logging in to contribute, ask, or even read, yet you somehow know what TF may or may not have said for those intervening 4 months.

finally yes i would like your answer. do you believe i am a hoax believer and if so i would find it interesting to see your evidence and proof for this.
Asked and answered.
What was that you said about insults?

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2142 on: April 19, 2018, 09:45:36 AM »
How do you know that timfinch didn't go into further detail on CQ?

You want facts? OK. After starting the ball rolling on CQ, you bailed on 21-Nov-2017 never to be seen again. No posts, not even a login. timfinch, OTOH kept plugging away until 12-Apr-2018 at which point he claimed here on this site to have been banned (that was a lie).

Then you arrive here with the exact same story "I have this friend..." and recycle the exact same story all over again.

Are you really suggesting that this should not be a matter of some suspicion? Then, piling Pelion upon Ossa, you reluctantly link us to facebook pages (and we had to batter that out of you) where the very same double act is performed.

And you are claiming to be perplexed that a certain rodent is being detected?

i didn't know. after CQ we didnt speak for a long time and there was no need for me to log into there as i didnt have issues answering people or finding details.

I'm not quite sure why Tim claiming to have been banned is my fault.

After a while i contacted Tim to see how he was and have a general chat. he provided me with more questions regarding the same topic and as i had asked some other questions on this forum i decided to try here to finally finish it off. i started with 'i have a friend' because i didnt know if the same people who were on cosmoquest were on here and i thought it was a polite way to start off a thread.

yes i am suggesting that. no non cynical person would believe that. if somebody asks me a question my mind doesnt immediately go through a whole list of things as to why i shouldnt answer. i just answer it to the best of my knowledge.

you seem to be confused about the facebook pages. this information was happily given. i actually gave more links than was nessecary. there was no double act formed. i actually dont believe the radiation issue was discussed on the facebook groups. it was other topics such as the size of the earth.

so yes i am perplexed. if you feel you are some higher being that has to look after everybody here then thats fine but i again repeat what Luke said. lets focus on the facts and what is asked on the forum. lets not delve into any side stories. i understand many people have created sock accounts etc and tried to fool others here but at the end of the day i havent and i have shown i havent so i am not really clear as to why my name is still being soiled.

in my opinion the moon landings did happen and also in my opinion the radiation issue with Tim is now closed. as i say he hasnt contacted me for quite some time so i can only assume he has accepted the findings or simply realised he isnt going to get past the expertise here.

which ever is the case none of this means i am a hoax believer and if you think i am or you think i have some alterier motive then you are wrong. plain and simple.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2143 on: April 19, 2018, 09:46:21 AM »
Then why did you vanish without trace from CQ? timfinch bashed on for a further 4 months there before attempting to weasel out with nary a comment from you, not even a login. Somehow you seem to be familiar with his posts there.

Because self-appointed mods never sit well on any site. This is true regardless of the topic at hand.

So just to be clear. You introduced TF to CQ and then abandoned ship for 4 months, never logging in to contribute, ask, or even read, yet you somehow know what TF may or may not have said for those intervening 4 months.

Asked and answered.
What was that you said about insults?

all replied to in my latest comment.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2144 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:52 AM »
i didn't know. after CQ we didnt speak for a long time and there was no need for me to log into there as i didnt have issues answering people or finding details.
There is no "after CQ". Both accounts are still live.

I'm not quite sure why Tim claiming to have been banned is my fault.
Nobody said it was. Strawman.

After a while i contacted Tim to see how he was and have a general chat. he provided me with more questions regarding the same topic and as i had asked some other questions on this forum i decided to try here to finally finish it off.
Not what actually happened here. Any conversations you may or may not have had with TF are none of our business and unverifiable in any case.

i started with 'i have a friend' because i didnt know if the same people who were on cosmoquest were on here and i thought it was a polite way to start off a thread.
We have the same internet handles. Surely that gave you a clue, no?

yes i am suggesting that. no non cynical person would believe that.
It has actually happened plenty of times. Patrick Tekeli springs to mind, a man with so many socks that there are not enough drawers in the universe. I know you are not him because he is dead.

if somebody asks me a question my mind doesnt immediately go through a whole list of things as to why i shouldnt answer. i just answer it to the best of my knowledge.
Irrelevant. Most here would do likewise. The problem is that the corpus CT uses these very tactics to insinuate themselves like a bacterial infection into truth, knowledge and honesty. Perhaps you have found yourself unintentionally jumping through those hoops without foreknowledge that these are games we have all seen CTists perform over and over and over. It is a form of the "good cop, bad cop" routine. Again.

you seem to be confused about the facebook pages. this information was happily given.
Read back up thread. It was not happily given. The amount of dodging and obfuscation was a sight to behold, all for a link that was at your fingertips.

i actually gave more links than was nessecary.
Who exactly determined what was "necessary"? Given the links, the members could determine if they were sufficient.
there was no double act formed. i actually dont believe the radiation issue was discussed on the facebook groups. it was other topics such as the size of the earth.
And now you are claiming that the links you provided were off-topic. And you knew it.

so yes i am perplexed.
Well, if providing the links requested perplexes you, then I must perforce agree. You are indeed perplexed.

if you feel you are some higher being that has to look after everybody here then thats fine but i again repeat what Luke said. lets focus on the facts and what is asked on the forum.
Strawman and I did that already.

lets not delve into any side stories.
No, you are attempting to cast the "side story" as unimportant. From my perspective, it may be the most important aspect.

Are you and TF one and the same?
Are you and TF two individuals playing a game?
Are you and TF two individuals who are new to all of this?

And so on. The only method I have to make this determination is the evidence I have before me, and what am I to make of that?
i understand many people have created sock accounts etc and tried to fool others here but at the end of the day i havent and i have shown i havent so i am not really clear as to why my name is still being soiled.
Because you have not done that. All I or anyone knows is whatever you self present. As we stand, the evidence is that you and TF are one and the same individual. Have you other evidence to present?

in my opinion the moon landings did happen and also in my opinion the radiation issue with Tim is now closed.
Neither of those are matters of opinion. It is a fact that the moon landings happened as advertised and it is a fact that TF does not accept the preceding fact.

as i say he hasnt contacted me for quite some time so i can only assume he has accepted the findings or simply realised he isnt going to get past the expertise here.
That is naive. TF wants the moon hoax as a matter of religious belief and those are not subject to reason.

which ever is the case none of this means i am a hoax believer and if you think i am or you think i have some alterier motive then you are wrong. plain and simple.
WTF? "alterier"? Really? Is that some breed of dog?