Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hoax Theory / Re: Radiation
« Last post by nomuse on Today at 08:28:18 PM »
I am sure his problems and complaints about a three-dimensional universe stem from the same sources of his problems and complaints about averages. He can only handle a simplistic, straight-line approach to a problem. He has yet to reach that point of understanding where one realizes the tools one knows are insufficient for the problem at hand. Instead he keeps trying to force the square pegs into the round holes.
« Last post by smartcooky on Today at 07:32:42 PM »
Rockets do not steer with the main engine, they steer with thrusters and unless they did then they would remain on identical orbital planes.
So much wrong. You likely believe that the pointy end always points in the direction of travel (snigger).

It actually shows a complete lack of understanding of orbital mechanics, no wonder he had a problem with a 3D rendering of the path taken by Apollo.

It actually shows ignorance of how rockets even manoeuvre in space. Thrusters don't "steer" a spacecraft, they merely change the spacecraft's orientation. An an example, see how the SpaceX Falcon 9 boostback burn works
Announcements / Re: Banned members
« Last post by Abaddon on Today at 06:56:11 PM »
Shame in a way. I would have liked to see him dig a hole as big as he wished.

Kudos for Jason, though.
« Last post by Allan F on Today at 06:47:41 PM »
The thing about all this radiation talk that gets me is that it will probably all be revised in the future.  If you read a lot of the Nasa publications and articles they always put a disclaimer?  Usually they say something like "Though accurate at the time of publication........  You have to take it as faith that the information is correct and peer reviewed.  Might as well just believe in Sasquatch.

It may be REFINED in future papers, but the fundamentals won't change.
« Last post by gillianren on Today at 06:40:34 PM »
Nobody bit on that. Not even gillian. (No offence, gillian).

I'm sticking to my one simple question that he's continuing to ignore or answer dishonestly in a way that doesn't really answer it.
« Last post by inconceivable on Today at 06:33:57 PM »
The thing about all this radiation talk that gets me is that it will probably all be revised in the future.  If you read a lot of the Nasa publications and articles they always put a disclaimer?  Usually they say something like "Though accurate at the time of publication........  You have to take it as faith that the information is correct and peer reviewed.  Might as well just believe in Sasquatch.
« Last post by Abaddon on Today at 06:27:06 PM »
Yep, same old trolling. He won't last long. Still, it gave me an excuse to dust off my old VAB pencil diagram and create some new examples. The more he claims to not understand the stuff he is spoonfed the more he will edge himself closer to a ban. I came close to reporting him already after he insisted (and even appealed to a mod) that we give him what he asked for three times after I posted exactly wat he had requested.

I'm actually quite enjoying the mental exercise involved in coming up with illustrations. I might be able to eductae some children with them, even if they are beyond Tim's comprehension....
There is a problem in there. It is the objective of the crank to burn your time, my time and everyone's time. Apollo hoaxers are a dying breed. Let the medieval breed simply die out.
« Last post by Jason Thompson on Today at 05:42:35 PM »
Yep, same old trolling. He won't last long. Still, it gave me an excuse to dust off my old VAB pencil diagram and create some new examples. The more he claims to not understand the stuff he is spoonfed the more he will edge himself closer to a ban. I came close to reporting him already after he insisted (and even appealed to a mod) that we give him what he asked for three times after I posted exactly wat he had requested.

I'm actually quite enjoying the mental exercise involved in coming up with illustrations. I might be able to eductae some children with them, even if they are beyond Tim's comprehension....
« Last post by Abaddon on Today at 05:28:26 PM »
The CQ thread is going in circles just like log scale discussion. I'm sure he thinks the VABs are fixed in space as the Earth rotates underneath them.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Yup.

The latest game seems to be...
"I don't know where I am going wrong"

Various members point out where he is going wrong.

"Oh so I am right".

Ignoring the rhetorical baloney, which I have seen many times before, the level of cognitive dissonance is a sight to behold. He did throw in the site/sight baloney in what I can only suspect was a fishing expedition for diversion. Nobody bit on that. Not even gillian. (No offence, gillian).

My provisional assessment is that we could have either a moron or a troll, and I lean toward the latter. Look at reality. In real life, one could not function without some grasp of 3 dimensions, yet tim contends that 2 dimensions are good enough for everything. To me that raises a very big flag.

For example, I happen to live close to an international airport. Planes fly over my home every day. Viewed top down, those flight paths pass directly through my house in the "timverse".  Thus, in the "timverse", every time a plane takes off, I have to raise my coffee mug to avoid the wing knocking over said mug.

Now, obviously Tim does not believe that. One would have to be nuts to believe that. Thus, the conclusion must be that Tim does know that, has at least some grasp of 3D and is lying about that for what reason?
« Last post by MBDK on Today at 05:18:20 PM »
The CQ thread is going in circles just like log scale discussion. I'm sure he thinks the VABs are fixed in space as the Earth rotates underneath them.

Ha!  The ONLY thing fixed in space is timfinch's ability to comprehend.

NOTE:  Edited to fix fat-fingered spelling mistake.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10