Author Topic: Photo Foto Fake  (Read 19735 times)

Offline Read Think Repeat

• Mercury
Photo Foto Fake
« on: April 03, 2019, 11:37:44 PM »
Radiation was showstopper, venality the motive for the Apollo fraud. Radiation is a complex subject, and there are many more unknown problems as there are known problems. On the other hand the photography and video record was executed poorly, and is easy pickings.

From the Apollo 16 fraud comes a gem of a bad photo: AS16-109-17800

1) The red lines denote where the standard stagelines between stage and background are apparent.
2) The red circles highlight that the astroNot's left leg is not casting a shadow like his right leg.
3) Laughingly, the rover is casting a shadow in a direction 90 degrees off from that of the direction of the astroNot's shadow, and the shadows of other objects in the photo. The yellow lines denote the direction of shadows, the blue circles the high-gain antenna and its shadow.

Apollo, a criminal joke.

"Ignorance is Strength" I'm weak.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:39:56 PM by Read Think Repeat »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Photo Foto Fake
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:49:19 PM »
Radiation was showstopper, venality the motive for the Apollo fraud. Radiation is a complex subject...

Oh, good, there are several people here, myself included, who can speak at length about radiation management in space.  You've offered only vague, handwaving challenges.  Would you care to go into more detail?

...and there are many more unknown problems...

No, you don't get to challenge the authenticity of something over things you don't know are problems.

...as there are known problems.

Such as?

1) The red lines denote where the standard stagelines between stage and background are apparent.

Or it could be the standard crest of an intervening hill.  Explain the process you used to determine which one was true.  Quite a number of us here are well versed in stagecraft too.  We use the technique you allude to because it's reasonably convincing.  It's reasonably convincing because it closely approximates real life.

2) The red circles highlight that the astroNot's left leg is not casting a shadow like his right leg.

Because one leg is exactly up-sun from the other.  This is not hard to figure out.

3) Laughingly, the rover is casting a shadow in a direction 90 degrees off from that of the direction of the astroNot's shadow, and the shadows of other objects in the photo. The yellow lines denote the direction of shadows, the blue circles the high-gain antenna and its shadow.

There are techniques common in photogrammetric rectification to determine the actual directions of shadows. Why have you not used them?  Why are you simply casually reckoning the directions based on uncontrolled observation?  The topmost yellow line is clearly wrong, if it means to indicate the direction of shadows in the two o'clock direction from the center fiducial.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

• Mercury
Shadow Turned Left at Albuquerque
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 11:50:13 PM »
The NASA fraudsters made the same mistake in AS16-117-18819 as they did in AS16-109-17800: The rover's shadow is 90 degrees off from that of the astroNot's. Doh!

Yellow arrows denote the shadows of various objects, while the orange arrow and circles indicate the shadows from the rover and its high-gain antenna.

Apollo, a criminal joke.

"Ignorance is Strength." I'm weak.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Shadow Turned Left at Albuquerque
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 11:52:08 PM »
You do realize that the arrows you're drawing on these photographs are not the real directions of shadows?  I assume you're unfamiliar with the proper method for determining shadow light source direction.

Also, you've presented an interpretation that the shadows in these images are not consistent.  You've told us this is the result of fraud.  You're missing the middle part of your argument where you tell us how it was really done.  And you've omitted an answer to the rather obvious question that asks why NASA would do this if the results would be so easily detected as fraud.  You realize, of course, that you're not the first to argue that the directions of shadows are inconsistent.  These claims go back to at least the mid-1990s if not earlier.  And you may be aware that when these same issues were brought up more than twenty years go, the conclusion was that the "analysis" of the shadows was naive and ignored all the various effects that can alter the apparent directions of shadows.  What have you done to avoid those previous errors?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:01:12 AM by JayUtah »

• Mercury
Let's Play Twister...Light Twister That Is
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 12:07:55 AM »
The NASA fraudsters couldn't make up their minds as to which way they wanted shadows to fall in AS16-107-17529.

First, it's straight on, as shown by the photog's shadow. Then second, it's to the left, as displayed by the scoop handle's shadow. And then third, the pole out by the astroNot is casting its shadow to the right.

But wait, there's more (Sorry, no ShamWow). The astroNot is casting no shadow upon the stage set floor--not to the left, not to the right. And neither is the blue circled rock.

Apollo, a criminal joke.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Let's Play Twister...Light Twister That Is
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:17:56 AM »
Obvious troll is obvious.  This one is simple perspective.  Circled rock not casting a shadow?  Maybe because it's exactly down-sun from the photographer?

You don't have the faintest clue how shadows work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:22:23 AM by JayUtah »

Offline jr Knowing

• Earth
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:28:16 AM »
Read Think Repeat,

I am on your "team". But I think both of your pictures can be easily explained by perspective and convergence. There are a boat load of better shadow anomaly photos in the magazines. These are not good examples. If anything, the photo you posted can be used as an example of possible front screen projection. If you run it through a photo editor, there is a pretty clear line between front and back. 

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 12:34:05 AM »
If you run it through a photo editor...

Meaning what, specifically?

...there is a pretty clear line between front and back.

Yes, and in the valley I live in there are several examples of such intervening rise crests that occur in real life.  Should I suspect that my valley has been Photoshopped?  Or should we just all admit the obvious:  that these sorts of things occur also in real life, and that the theatrical technique works because it looks like real life.

Offline jr Knowing

• Earth
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 12:48:42 AM »
Hi Jay,

Give me a few days. I will post a couple examples that you guys can comment on.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 12:53:03 AM »
The NASA fraudsters couldn't make up their minds as to which way they wanted shadows to fall in AS16-107-17529.

First, it's straight on, as shown by the photog's shadow. Then second, it's to the left, as displayed by the scoop handle's shadow. And then third, the pole out by the astroNot is casting its shadow to the right.

But wait, there's more (Sorry, no ShamWow). The astroNot is casting no shadow upon the stage set floor--not to the left, not to the right. And neither is the blue circled rock.

Apollo, a criminal joke.

The astronaut is casting a shadow, it's there on the ground behind him.

Try harder  maybe spend less time swallowing expattaffy's stupid.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:54:56 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 12:56:46 AM »
Give me a few days.

No, I was asking about findings you already posted.  If reached your conclusion first, and will do the necessary work later, then your entire process is wrong.

I will post a couple examples that you guys can comment on.

Actually I'd rather have you focus on the threads you already started, rather than jump onto the threads started by other people.  You seem to be pretty desperate to find a distraction in your lunar regolith thread and your lunar module thread.  You should concede those threads before vigorously changing the subject.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 12:58:10 AM »
This guy registered back in October 2018 and waited this long to post his first post.  And he's clearly trolling/spamming.

Offline jr Knowing

• Earth
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 01:09:24 AM »
But Jay you brought up something in the Apollo Discussions forum I so badly want to comment on :) but can't because it is not in the hoax section.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:11 AM »
But Jay you brought up something in the Apollo Discussions forum I so badly want to comment on :) but can't because it is not in the hoax section.

Copy the relevant post into the hoax section.

• Mercury
And, Poof! No More Shadow! Thank You, Very Much!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 01:20:25 AM »
During the Apollo 14 fraud, the astroNots wheeled out an utility cart of some kind--"Hotdogs! Red Hots!" No, not that kind of cart. Though, come to think about it, maybe they did sell hotdogs from the cart between stage sets ups?! Hmmm?!

Anyways, in AS14-64-9138 the astroNot is casting a shadow, and in AS14-64-9139, "She Gone!" The shadow, that is. Just gone. Adios!

Maybe the shadow illustrator was union and the NASA fraudsters couldn't afford the overtime?!

Apollo, a criminal joke.