Author Topic: Alien Structures on Moon  (Read 11788 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Alien Structures on Moon
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 06:03:30 AM »
Well, it's in The Sun so it must be true.... :o ::)
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:46:20 AM »
So he made the claims in 2001 and died in 2018 to keep him quiet. Makes sense !!! ::) ::)

Offline nweber

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 07:16:38 AM »
So he made the claims in 2001 and died in 2018 to keep him quiet. Makes sense !!! ::) ::)

No one said you people were good at this sort of thing!

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 07:18:36 AM »
Here are the facts of the matter:

He made it up.

Any questions?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 08:09:26 AM »
There have been many of these alien structures comments ever since the first images were produced from the Lunar surface.  They appear to be just as false as the hoax claims.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline nweber

• Venus
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »

He made it up.

Any questions?

Just what someone involved in a cover up would say.

But how do we know he made it up?  His claim was that when he was a technician fixing some equipment, someone told him there were structures on the moon, and they had photographs, which they showed to him.  How do we know someone didn't actually tell him this, and show him some pictures of N'Djamena?  Could have happened.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »
Yes, and I could have won the lottery this week.  You need more evidence than a mere "could have happened."
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 10:47:54 AM »
Yes, and I could have won the lottery this week.  You need more evidence than a mere "could have happened."

Exactly and there is no evidence except "he said"
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline nweber

• Venus
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »

You seem a little bit confused.

When onebigmonkey says "He made it up", it's not incumbent on me to prove him/her wrong; it's incumbent on him/her to prove that it's correct.

If I say that onebigmonkey is wrong, and assert that this fellow didn't make up his story (perhaps this is too subtle for you, but you might notice that I did not make any such claim), then I'll provide evidence.

Offline nweber

• Venus
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »

Exactly and there is no evidence except "he said"

Have a look at what I just posted.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »

You seem a little bit confused.

When onebigmonkey says "He made it up", it's not incumbent on me to prove him/her wrong; it's incumbent on him/her to prove that it's correct.

If I say that onebigmonkey is wrong, and assert that this fellow didn't make up his story (perhaps this is too subtle for you, but you might notice that I did not make any such claim), then I'll provide evidence.

Actually the burden of proof lies with you as are linking a story concerning alleged alien artifacts.  Attempting to shift the burden of proof on obm is logical error.  You must provide additional concrete proof, other than "he said".  I didn't read the article, but it seems pretty likely that this is a hearsay evidence.
The implication that the government(NASA) killed this man is another aspect that must be proved, other than he is dead.  Some forensic data that links NASA to the death, and "he said" is not sufficient.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 02:31:20 PM »

No one said you people were good at this sort of thing!

when you say us people what do you mean. I'm an accounts officer from the UK ???

you see Nweber when you say we aren't very good I assume you mean the people covering up the hoax. if that's the case it was 17 years in between. I wouldn't call that not good I would call that appaling. Going onto another point brought up about Burden of proof I believe you made the first post so actually it is your burden of proof. just like those who suggest that nasa had this magical miles wide vacuum chamber. its on their shoulders to actually find this, find who built it, when etc etc etc.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 04:51:55 PM »
Besides,  what motivation would NASA have to keep this secret? Imagine how much NASA's budget would balloon if they could report ET on the moon. Trying to keep it secret would be really shooting themselves in the foot.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »

He made it up.

Any questions?

Just what someone involved in a cover up would say.

But how do we know he made it up?  His claim was that when he was a technician fixing some equipment, someone told him there were structures on the moon, and they had photographs, which they showed to him.  How do we know someone didn't actually tell him this, and show him some pictures of N'Djamena?  Could have happened.

Because he claimed to have seen the photos before they were taken and nothing like that can be seen on any photo taken by anyone ever?